Give your input on chat

• Administrators

It's 7pm. I'm frustrated I can't get the 2nd of my two test cases to work. So I'm stopping for the evening and will pick it back up in the morning.

But some of you are able to get into chat. Anyone that is continuing to have errors, please post them here (unless they're just like someone else's error).

In particular, my test case that fails throws an error something like this:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Invalid Login Hash IElcA5aTNnogzWOGu3+gHI/R9yVTWsjYSOSGzI/qHRw=

Let me know if you see anything like that (or anything else).

I too am getting a similar error to your test case.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Invalid Login Hash Y6zIhbrPFwLbCGox9AnHQSsmEdKHF7JI8ddAkYW7RNw=

Edit: Thank you so much for the work you put into this site. I realize problems are the last thing you want to deal with, and we share your frustration, but realize that we all appreciate the hard work and dedication you put into trying to keep things running smoothly. 
Edited by pozpig
add thanks to RawTop.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Samanthads said:

when I click on the ... where chat usually is it takes me to the forums

That is exactly how it it supposed to work. You can't go to chat until the word Chat shows up.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, pozpig said:

I too am getting a similar error to your test case.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Invalid Login Hash Y6zIhbrPFwLbCGox9AnHQSsmEdKHF7JI8ddAkYW7RNw=

7 hours ago, aberquake said:

Got this message :

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Invalid Login Hash rN3+EFjawZenBf0ENW/APm5iHQq0bbEkihKXGb1ybXg=

3 hours ago, jockstrapbud1 said:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Invalid Login Hash PyaBBeGJiWuqDNBbCvRnwyRudkOci1zOLiDlgOTVksw=

3 hours ago, arrxxx said:

even though I'm logged in, I get this error screen:

bzchat.jpg

It's the morning and I'm back at it. Those error messages are helpful. In particular, 3 of the 4 hashes didn't contain + signs. So that means the problem is something other than what I thought it was. Now to figure out what the problem really is… Can't say how long it will take. Could be 5 minutes, could be 5 hours, could be (parts of) 5 days…

Guest BBBeard
19 hours ago, rawTOP said:

The short version of a long explanation is you now have to wait for the check of how many people are in chat before you can go into chat. I've changed it so there's just a . while those stats are loading. When they're loading it changes to "Chat". At that point it's safe to click.

Hi RawTop: now i get this one with the notification, that this is a member only site:

this extra: IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Login hash pubL3Ya9BCM8FDeUPC8IJ5rLShycSQkNxrx/IOzLQyI= is invalid for browser

Yes, chat has been down for many of the members. Apparently some lucky few have had no issue but RawTop is investigating why so many of us are having that message. I'm anxious to see it back up but I also realize that problems like this do take time and I for one am grateful we have someone taking as much time as RawTop does to keep this site operating as well as it does.

I can't even find the chat icon anymore...

The is another icon there... looks like the sheet of paper from Words.

If I click on that, the Forum opens.

Oh well.... I am not so dependant on chatting.... Toxic Scorpion and Lonesome Wolf - you know... ? :)