Give your input on chat

On 12/21/2019 at 10:37 PM, TWChaser said:

Whenever I click on the chat, it always show error lines

There was an error…

• We can't determine the Breeding Zone user name.
  • Unable to determine S3X user ID

Is this normal?

I get the same message EVERY time I try.  I've just given up on the chat feature until they actually care to fix the problem

On 2/22/2020 at 6:41 AM, iamwhatiam84 said:

I get the same message EVERY time I try.  I've just given up on the chat feature until they actually care to fix the problem

I tried opening the chat just now by right clicking on the Chat label and selecting "Open Link in New Tab." I got the exact same problem! Tried just clicking on the Chat label and chat opened up in a new tab and worked 🙂

• 1 month later...
Guest VanpozBB
1 hour ago, HardOneLA said:

Normally I have to try twice in order to get in.  Just tried it now but it timed out after taking too long to load.  (God that word makes me horny!)  Will try again tomorrow.

Invariably have to open chat then select Forums due to User ID not being found then click chat from that tab and it works 

19 minutes ago, rawTOP said:

Just so you guys know, I'm actively working on something. When I'm done chat will change a lot. But give me another week or two.

When I tried again yesterday I got right into the chatroom, first time that's happened.  Thanks for all your efforts!  Stay safe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VanpozBB

Unable to use chat

Browser ID could not be determined. Your login cannot be verified. debug: Debug: UUID Cookie. 6BCAEFDB-3956-4C2E-AB8D-D019C35CC485 BID: LH. sIEKydCMAtqGb/vajV/8WT1HeRaRKdCgukSC/sQWJTA=

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 3:41 AM, iamwhatiam84 said:

Haven't visited in quite a while.
Still broken regardless :/

On 5/18/2017 at 3:38 PM, rawTOP said:

I managed to accidentally delete the other thread about chat (sorry – I thought I was deleting one comment). So give me your thoughts on the new chat. I still have a list of things I'm working on, but your input will help a lot.

I'll post questions here. If you can answer them, it will help me debug things.

First question – do the times on the responses seem correct? In other words, if all the messages (or a lot of them) say "now" – that's a problem, or if all of them say they were posted hours ago – that's also a problem.

I don't know if these points have been raised before, at least they weren't in the last couple of pages I checked. If they were: sorry.

- Chat doesn't work in Safari. It does work in FireFox (for Mac);

- In the chat my nickname is outdated, it doesn't use my updated profile name. It does however link back to this profile under it's new name.

It seems chat uses it's own and different database somehow (hence the difference in naming)?  Might be interesting to find out if that's useful or can create more trouble.

Hopefully this feedback is helpful for you getting the bugs fixed.

Best of luck!

3 hours ago, PhillyBBGuy said:

Chat works in Safari, just fine.

On this MacBook it doesn't show the number of members online in chat, and when trying to open it a new Window opens but not to the chat, but the BZ main-page again. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BareLover073 said:

On this MacBook it doesn't show the number of members online in chat, and when trying to open it a new Window opens but not to the chat, but the BZ main-page again. 

It sounds like you might have your security settings too high. The first thing it does is "fingerprint" your browser. It then passes that to the site where chat is. And that site returns the number of people and sets a cookie in your browser. When you click on chat it needs that fingerprint value to authenticate that you're you. If you have your security settings too high the browser will deny the fingerprinting and everything else will fail.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, BareLover073 said:

- In the chat my nickname is outdated, it doesn't use my updated profile name. It does however link back to this profile under it's new name.

It seems chat uses it's own and different database somehow (hence the difference in naming)?  Might be interesting to find out if that's useful or can create more trouble.

You're correct – chat uses a different database. The name you see is the name you had when you first used chat. I was working on syncing the data a few weeks ago but got disrupted by the server migration. It's high on my list of things to do because chat is getting a major restructure. There will be multiple chat rooms each with a different theme (bb breeding, poz fetish, etc.) each chat room will be on a different site and you'll be able to set up profiles on those sites. The profiles will actually be interlinked – it's a network of sites that share a common database. So first I need the data sync'd, then I need to have at least basic (textual) profiles, then I'll open up all the new chat rooms. But there's some other stuff that needs to get done first (e.g. dealing with bouncing emails).

• Like 1