Give your input on chat

• Administrators
On 6/1/2020 at 8:06 PM, AssLover69 said:

Yea I get an error too it's says this

There was an error…

BZ Session not found. (.c1mifju736o1ip1j2b967pnkpn / 71.255.45.5)

This error is not an error on our side, but an error on your side. I've explained this before and I've made the error message far more detailed. You need to get your session ID to match your IP address. Your ISP probably changed your IP since you last logged in. So you need to logout, log back in, and then it should work.

Guest RawCunt
20 minutes ago, rawTOP said:

This error is not an error on our side, but an error on your side. I've explained this before and I've made the error message far more detailed. You need to get your session ID to match your IP address. Your ISP probably changed your IP since you last logged in. So you need to logout, log back in, and then it should work.

Have discovered it isn't an IP or an ISP issue here, static IP..... it was cookie related.  Deleting them seem's to have fixed it.

For firefox user's,  

Go into browser options, under cookies and site data.... click manage data.  In the search bar, type breedingzone and all the cookies etc will come up.  Delete then all, click save changes. 

Should be good to go from there. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, RawCunt said:

Have discovered it isn't an IP or an ISP issue here, static IP..... it was cookie related.  Deleting them seem's to have fixed it.

For firefox user's,  

Go into browser options, under cookies and site data.... click manage data.  In the search bar, type breedingzone and all the cookies etc will come up.  Delete then all, click save changes. 

Should be good to go from there. 

Your comment made me investigate further. Bottom line it should be fixed now. If you see that error, what is says is probably actually the problem.

What you were seeing wasn't actually a problem with the cookies. The cookies were fine. (I was able to reproduce the problem). The issue was that the redirect that was happening was getting cached. Deleting your cookies deleted more than the cookies – it also deleted the cache of the redirect. I've since put in code that will prevent caching of the redirect. So (knock wood) it shouldn't keep happening to people.

Thanks for sticking with things and reporting what you saw to the point where I was able to figure out what was happening.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 6/7/2020 at 1:28 AM, SIReast said:

> Browser ID could not be determined. Your login cannot be verified.

I've beefed up the error message. To better explain what's going on. It's not an error on my end.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:38 AM, rawTOP said:

I managed to accidentally delete the other thread about chat (sorry – I thought I was deleting one comment). So give me your thoughts on the new chat. I still have a list of things I'm working on, but your input will help a lot.

I'll post questions here. If you can answer them, it will help me debug things.

First question – do the times on the responses seem correct? In other words, if all the messages (or a lot of them) say "now" – that's a problem, or if all of them say they were posted hours ago – that's also a problem.

It should work without requiring javascript.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, funfunfun1212 said:

I'm new and my chat doesn't work -- it's just giving me an error concerning my username.

Without the error message there's nothing I can do for you.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, funfunfun1212 said:

There was an error…

We can't determine the Breeding Zone user name.

Unable to determine S3X user ID

This was happening to you because of something unique to your email address. You should be good to go now.

1 hour ago, Littlebill77 said:

Hi rawTOP you hard worker...

is this error ignorable or real?

Your email has not been confirmed. Click here to have the confirmation email resent.

It's real and ignorable (for now).

Chat is based on the code for my new sites. The new sites have a separate database (but can access the BZ database when needed). Your email address is not confirmed in the new system. If you confirm your address in the new system the warning message will go away.

• Like 1