Give your input on chat

Trying loggin into chat on Firefox and getting the following message:

There was an error…

BZ Session not found. (.5buvk8pmqep724nm0au958nkt1 / 217.105.178.19)

Guest Squidbtm

What is going on with the chat room.....I've been trying to access it and this is all I can get....

BZ Session not found. (.hr9o64oepd358qvle9obfcgmce / 174.29.216.87)

4 hours ago, Squidbtm said:

What is going on with the chat room.....I've been trying to access it and this is all I can get....

Same problem here with me.  Rawtop replied it was an old problem before the switch over to the new site, but I never had any problems before.  So,  ????

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Squidbtm said:

When you click on the chat link, it passes your session ID here to the chat site. The chat site then looks up that session ID and validates it based on your IP address. Those are the two values in the error message you specified.

In looking over the code, I did find one minor problem, but I don't know if it was the source of your problem. I had

`id`=? AND `ip_address`=?

when it should have been

`id` LIKE ? AND `ip_address` LIKE ?

Though I doubt that's the source of the problem.

Another possible scenario is that you're on a cellular network that is frequently changing your IP addresses. So you start the session here on one IP, but by the time you go into chat you're on a different IP. In that case chat is correct not to let you in because to chat it appears you're a hacker who's stolen someone's session ID. If that's the problem, the way to get around that problem is to logout, login, and then go as quickly as practical into chat (before your network can change your IP).

I keep promising a new chat system, and it really is pretty high on my to-do list. It's just I had to migrate servers before I wanted to, and now I'm having to deal with all the other stuff that's brought up (email issues, and a few other things that now have to get done by a certain date). So I'll get to chat as soon as those things are resolved – probably early next month. 🤞

I am having a problem getting on chat, could lot get on yesterday either. Prior to that no problem

Keep getting the message

BZ Session not found. (.4fruthuslbch15tfj1l5f1ib9g / 76.5.127.213)

18 minutes ago, Dane said:

I no longer have the Chat icon/(button) in the the top bar in here. Is this also part of the issue?

Same here. Just an icon of a page (like MS-Word) which brings me back to the Forums.

• Administrators
On 5/31/2020 at 1:55 AM, NLbear said:

Same here. Just an icon of a page (like MS-Word) which brings me back to the Forums.

This is explained above. Your security settings are blocking needed Javascripts.