Give your input on chat

2 hours ago, rawTOP said:

. If you confirm your address in the new system the warning message will go away.

Is this something I can do?  It sure I’ve seen any confirmation request emails (I presume it’s from the federation of new stuff and not from bbrt)

2 minutes ago, Littlebill77 said:

Is this something I can do?  It sure I’ve seen any confirmation request emails (I presume it’s from the federation of new stuff and not from bbrt)

Answering my own email - yes

just look for the confirmation email from breeding.zone

now confirmed and warning has gone

Thanks RT

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if this is old or not You've failed the security check and are not allowed to use chat until you fix the problem. The Breeding Zone session value (thprdlk5a943gqc3c1dpuvjq76) your browser passed cannot be found for someone using your IP address (73.197.240.104) This is NOT an error on our end. The likely cause is that your ISP changed your IP address since you last logged into Breeding Zone. Logout of Breeding Zone. Log back in. And then your session ID will be valid for your IP address. BUT when i refresh it cleares it or checks the forum and then chat

• 2 weeks later...

@rawTOP

i really dont know where to start with chat...its...a mess.
looking at the uptime issues in the thread it looks like the site gets pushed to prod with no testing, so breaks are inevitable. have you considered blue/green deployments?  do you perform any automated CI/CD testing?

your browser identity could not be verified.

this isnt user error, its a fact of life.  Enhanced tracking protection, fingerprinting protection and anti-cryptominer protection in Firefox 77 means youre looking at an uphill battle trying to get the chat site to load properly if you expect to want to probe every browser.  Even Chrome tends to shun fingerprint code.  you might be better off with with recapcha and honeypotting

The idea behind the honeypot method is as follows: website forms would include a hidden field (by positioning the field off screen). Since spam robots cannot detect a hidden field in the HTML, when data is inserted into this “honeypot” field, the website administrator would know that the data was not entered by a "real" user. The honeypot method can be made more sophisticated by using JavaScript and data hashing.

• 1 month later...

Why can‘t I access the chat area any more? When I click on it, all I get is the following information, even though I can usually see the number of people in the chat area and the rest of the website works OK:

+++++++

Redirect URL not specified.

Array ( [error] => UserID and/or BrowserID was invalid ( / 16907278). ) 1

Debug: FP & IP. BID: 16907278

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, PNPRICK said:

Great section.  I'm trying to advise BreedingZone of my new, updated email address. But I'm unable to find any directions of how to do it.

If you're on a computer: In the upper left corner of the page, click on your user name, and in the drop-down that opens, choose "Account Settings".

Then in the left-hand column, choose "E-mail Address" and follow the instructions there.

4 minutes ago, evilalex said:

So, I haven't been seeing a chat option for the past few days. Just this:1782371579_ScreenShot2020-09-06at9_51_55PM.thumb.png.cd58eb7362646de99bcd942f8c5bc186.png

Anyone else?

What's in that first section just past "Forums", where "Chat" should be? It's got the right icon for chat; maybe your browser window has shrunk slightly and it's reacting by replacing the word "Chat" with "..."?

• Like 1

Just now, BootmanLA said:

What's in that first section just past "Forums", where "Chat" should be? It's got the right icon for chat; maybe your browser window has shrunk slightly and it's reacting by replacing the word "Chat" with "..."?

When I click it, it just brings me to the main page. It happened once before. I've tried clearing out cookies, but alas. 

Just now, evilalex said:

When I click it, it just brings me to the main page. It happened once before. I've tried clearing out cookies, but alas. 

It would probably help the staff track this down if you mention what platform & browser you're using (ie Windows 10 with Edge, Windows 8 with Chrome, Mac OS with Safari, etc.). And if you have a secondary browser you could test the site in - and obviously, make sure you're logged in - it might help verify if it's a problem with your particular browser or session.

6 minutes ago, evilalex said:

I'm running the latest version of MacOS, and it was happening with Chrome and Safari., but I just noticed that it's working normally in Safari. It's probably an Chrome extension I've got 

As much as I love  Chrome (I use it as my primary browser, on Windows) it's updated so frequently and behind the scenes that extension developers frequently are behind the ball in patching to match. I suspect you're correct as to the cause. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...