Give your input on chat

I get this error message:

PDOStatement: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`s3x`.`s3x_session`, CONSTRAINT `session_browser` FOREIGN KEY (`browserid`) REFERENCES `browser` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)

Error Details:

[lib/base.php:2152] Base->error() [lib/db/sql/mapper.php:422] DB\SQL->exec() [ui/account/sessions.php:40] DB\SQL\Mapper->insert() [ui/account/index.php:244] createSession() [lib/base.php:1599] Base->call() [index.php:514] Base->run()

• Administrators

Sorry for the delay. Everything worked when I tested it, but then I took the weekend off. Unfortunately as soon as there were zero people in the chatroom things failed because it tested to see if >0 were in there to do something critical. I've changed it to >=0 and now everything should work.

ronetbus – I'm not sure the problem you reported is the same problem, so I'll look into that next.

• Moderators

PDOStatement: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`s3x`.`s3x_session`, CONSTRAINT `session_browser` FOREIGN KEY (`browserid`) REFERENCES `browser` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)

Error Details:

[lib/base.php:2152] Base->error() [lib/db/sql/mapper.php:422] DB\SQL->exec() [ui/account/sessions.php:40] DB\SQL\Mapper->insert() [ui/account/index.php:244] createSession() [lib/base.php:1599] Base->call() [index.php:514] Base->run()

Got this just now. 

Guest BBBeard

Hi RawTop

I still cannot come into the chat. Now i get the message that

This is a members-only chat. You must login to see the discussion.

I hope this problem will be solved soon too.

Thanks

BBBeard

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BBBeard said:

Hi RawTop

I still cannot come into the chat. Now i get the message that

This is a members-only chat. You must login to see the discussion.

I hope this problem will be solved soon too.

Thanks

BBBeard

The short version of a long explanation is you now have to wait for the check of how many people are in chat before you can go into chat. I've changed it so there's just a . while those stats are loading. When they're loading it changes to "Chat". At that point it's safe to click.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, drscorpio said:

If anyone is still seeing this error, please let me know. I've made some changes, but I may not have fixed what's causing the problem, so need to know details.

UPDATE: The fact that I'm the only one in chat right now makes me think something is wrong. But there were some guys who got in a little while ago…

Chat still not working correctly. I am logged in. It says there are two people in the chat room, when I try to enter I get a message saying you must be a member.  I even tried rebooting. Nothing. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoy said:

Hey--it is still not working. It is asking for me to log in again--but I'm logged in.

My comment just above yours answers your question.

• Administrators

I think I'm closer. Now I'm seeing a problem with the authentication keys I'm passing after you're logged into the new system. If they contain a + things don't work. So let me work on that now. But those of you lucky enough to not get a + in your login hashes should be able to get in right now.