Give your input on chat

• Moderators

Getting this error message:

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry '2161-9015339' for key 'PRIMARY'

Error Details:

[lib/base.php:2152] Base->error() [lib/db/sql/mapper.php:422] DB\SQL->exec() [ui/common/beforeOutput.php:592] DB\SQL\Mapper->insert() [ui/account/index.php:216] require() [lib/base.php:1599] Base->call() [index.php:490] Base->run()

• Administrators
2 hours ago, drscorpio said:

Getting this error message:

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry '2161-9015339' for key 'PRIMARY'

Error Details:

[lib/base.php:2152] Base->error() [lib/db/sql/mapper.php:422] DB\SQL->exec() [ui/common/beforeOutput.php:592] DB\SQL\Mapper->insert() [ui/account/index.php:216] require() [lib/base.php:1599] Base->call() [index.php:490] Base->run()

I believe that's a caching issue. If you'd tried a few minutes later it should have worked. I've put the cache period down to 1 second, that should take care of it. If you (or anyone else) continues to see that problem, let me know.

• Administrators

So it seems chat is working pretty well now. The problems most of you posted were probably due to the browser remembering temporary redirects or there being some weirdness stored in a cookie or something that needed to be corrected.

If anyone has continued problems with chat, let me know.

Hey rawTOP, chat is being weird for me. Can get it on my tablet okay but it’s constantly showing as ... on my iPhone so I can never get it. When I check on the kindle there’s guys in there so not sure if it’s somthing wrong or if it just doesn’t work on safari?

thanks for the hard work though. Fuckin love this site?

Next to the Forums button I just see this icon that looks like a Word document (where the Chat button used to be). When I click on it it opens a new window but I am on the Forums page, not Chat. I did log in /out to see if that refreshed the page but it didn't.

• Administrators

Just a note… I won't be getting back to work on the remaining issues until next week. In the meantime, try turning off any ad blockers that might be overly aggressive. Chat needs something to run called a browser fingerprint. It's how I confirm you're you when I pass your credentials from this site to the site is running on. I've seen an ad blocker block the fingerprint script since it's often used to track people across websites. There are good reasons for tracking across websites and bad reasons. I think I use it for good reasons, but your ad blocker assumes I'm using it for bad reasons. This problem with ad blockers is not something I'll be fixing (since it's a self-inflicted problem). But I will look into other possible problems next week.