Give your input on chat

I still get the browser id issue every time I try to get into chat, however if you close the chat window, then click chat button to open it again I've found that I then get in to the chat no problem. If you're having the same problem, try that and hopefully it will work for you 

• Administrators
On 11/24/2017 at 11:49 AM, ready4filling said:

I still get the browser id issue every time I try to get into chat, however if you close the chat window, then click chat button to open it again I've found that I then get in to the chat no problem. If you're having the same problem, try that and hopefully it will work for you 

Yes, it's a caching issue. I think I've resolved it and it shouldn't happen anymore. If it does, report it here (more details the better so I can figure out where the caching problem is in my code) and then try again and it will probably work.

The other problem is with mobile devices. I know what needs to be fixed, it's just the developer of this site didn't make it easy for me. So I'll keep trying until I get it. The short explanation is that the nav bar exists twice in code – once for desktop and once for mobile. I was only changing the desktop version, not the mobile version. But changing the mobile version is more complicated – so when I figure it out mobile users will be able to use chat.

Is the chat feature restricted to only certain members of Breeding Zone? when I attempt to access the feature it returns notification that the feature is under development and is only available to members and that I must login to see the discussion.   I am accessing the feature after I have signed into my account, by selecting the "Chat" menu at the very top of the web page.   Any idea what I'm doing wrong if anything? 

Thanks.

11/28/2017 @ 5:25 pm CST 

Providing update regarding Browser ID issue: 

After submitting my question regarding the chat feature I found that a member had posted a question regarding the same thing and a solution was given. I tried to access the chat feature after signing into the site by selecting the chat icon the top of the webpage. However, instead of access to the chat discussion I received the Browser ID screen etc.  I tried the workout that was given by "Ready4Filling" in his posting and was able to access the chat discussion.  I'm not sure if any of the technical info I have provided below will help. If there are any questions I can answer that might assist with resolving the problem let me know. 

Gateway Desktop PC 

Windows 10 Home Version: 1709 OS build: 16299.64

Browser used: Google Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks

Lately I have been able to access chat, but I usually have to try more than once. Typically my first try results in a page that says this:

There was an error…

• GET.ips_sess_id was blank.

Second try often gets me a different error message, but not tonight so I can't cut and paste. Third try is usually the charm.

While I'm glad that Breeding.Zone still has a Chat feature, I would like to see it bring back the original chat platform. This one is tedious in terms of private messaging and and commenting. Often background refresh does not happen unless one does it manually and then you see you've missed a slew of chat comments that you would have liked to participate in. 

:)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SweatyKum said:

While I'm glad that Breeding.Zone still has a Chat feature, I would like to see it bring back the original chat platform. This one is tedious in terms of private messaging and and commenting. Often background refresh does not happen unless one does it manually and then you see you've missed a slew of chat comments that you would have liked to participate in.

The makers of the old chat software shut down the service. Going back to it is not an option since it no longer exists.

Background refresh only happens when the window is "active". It doesn't happen when you go to another tab (and possibly if you go to another application). Give it about 5 seconds after you return to the tab for it to refresh.

I will eventually get to 1-on-1 chat. It will work just like group chat only it will be between two people.

• Administrators

OK. I think most of the problems have been resolved. Chat should now work properly on mobile as well as desktop.

A few caveats (things that will probably never get fixed)…

1. If you're using ad blocker software that blocks browser fingerprinting, you will never be able to get into chat. This is not something I intend to fix. If you keep getting "your browser can not be identified" errors – there's a good chance that's what's happening. But if you can eventually get around those errors, then ad blocker software isn't the problem.
  2. Sometimes the session cookies here on the forum are stale and so your login can't be validated by the chat software. This is the "GET.ips_sess_id was blank" error. The only solution is to reload the page you're looking at on the forum, and try to click again. This is not something I think I can fix. And honestly, session hijacking is a thing and I wouldn't want to loosen security to fix it since it would open you up to potential session hijacking.
  3. In general reloading the page you're looking at on the forum (or going to another page), and then clicking on the link again is the best way to get chat to work if you have a problem.

If you consistently have the same problem over and over and you feel it's a reproducable bug, please respond with the details of how I can see the same error you're seeing. I need to know things like how long since the page you're looking at was loaded, and the exact error message you see and whether there are steps you can take (like described above) that finally let you get in.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, TsSelenaLopez said:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Browser ID could not be determined. Your login cannot be verified.

This is the message i am gettnig can you assist me with this thank you hun

Did you bother reading my message above? It's explained there. If you come back with a question that shows you read that message, then we can discuss further. But I'm not going to repeat myself to people who are too lazy to read the last few comments in the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I did:

Closed browser.

Opened browser.

Deleted cookies.

Closed browser.

Opened browser.

Deleted cookies again.

Tried chat and got this: Browser ID could not be determined. Your login cannot be verified.

The browser I am using for this (FireFox) does not have any ad blocker installed.

If I could locate it I'd give you my opinion.  I'm having difficulties navigating this site today.  If I visited here more often I'd remember how to get around. This isn't a rant against Raw Top or his site.  He's gotta be the one site owner who communicates his experiences clearly and also who is quite plainly not on a star trip because he runs this site.  

On 24/11/2017 at 4:49 PM, ready4filling said:

On 01/12/2017 at 2:39 AM, TsSelenaLopez said:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Browser ID could not be determined. Your login cannot be verified.

This is the message i am gettnig can you assist me with this thank you hun

THE SAME HAPPENS WITH ME ... :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NudistPerv

The chat is working a lot better than it was! It has taken several attempts in the past to get into the chat...but now, 

I click on chat and get the  ' agree/disagree' 'to the chat site rules' but then the box changes to 'chat site can only be accessed by members of site' .... I close the tab and reopen chat...

and I'm in :)

This works every time... click on chat ..click 'agree' (to the chat terms) close the chat tab.. reopen the chat tab...and you're in ! 

This is as of Jan 3 2018