Newly on PREP

subbitch33

• Moderators
On 8/7/2018 at 5:59 PM, tightpussyboy said:

prep does not protect you from everything, including med/prep resistant strains of hiv. If your going to go all out into bareback sex, dont ask dont tell etc, then you shouldn't really be using prep, cause your going to get pozzed anyways.

Moderator’s Note: You are correct PrEP does not protect against everything, but that fact a has no bearing on whether PrEP is effective at preventing HIV infection. 

It is remotely possible for a particular strain of virus to resist both medicines in Truvada. That may have contributed to case of PrEP failing. 

Your conclusion that PrEP is useless for promiscuous people does not follow. 

9 hours ago, Truversebb said:

Your a dope.

Please no personal attacks. Argue against what people say. I am cutting you some slack because of what you are reacting to. 

5 hours ago, bihairy said:

To date there have been NO transmission of HIV to someone on PrEP.  There was a study done recently and no transmission. PReP  is actually 2 HIV meds together to stop the virus from getting getting inside.  If anyone has heard different, please advise.

That isn’t true. There have been either 3 or 4 cases depending upon what you count. 

5 hours ago, tightpussyboy said:

There was one case where a person happened to be exposed to a strain resistant to both meds. There were a couple of cases where the guys weren’t staying on their meds and did not have enough in their system. The last case is believed to be someone whose initial HIV test was a false negative; that is, they were actually Poz before they started PrEP. 

So let’s take the worst case and assume there have been 4 failures. In August, Gilead estimated there were 136,000 people in the USA on PrEP.  That number has grown since then, and there are people around the world on it now. Let’s say there are 250,000 people taking it. 4 out of 250,000 is a 1/62500 chance. For comparison, your lifetime chance of being struck by lightning is estimated to be 1/12000. I can live with those odds for PrEP and not lose any sleep over it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, drscorpio said:

Moderator’s Note: You are correct PrEP does not protect against everything, but that fact a has no bearing on whether PrEP is effective at preventing HIV infection. 

It is remotely possible for a particular strain of virus to resist both medicines in Truvada. That may have contributed to case of PrEP failing. 

Your conclusion that PrEP is useless for promiscuous people does not follow. 

Please no personal attacks. Argue against what people say. I am cutting you some slack because of what you are reacting to. 

That isn’t true. There have been either 3 or 4 cases depending upon what you count. 

There was one case where a person happened to be exposed to a strain resistant to both meds. There were a couple of cases where the guys weren’t staying on their meds and did not have enough in their system. The last case is believed to be someone whose initial HIV test was a false negative; that is, they were actually Poz before they started PrEP. 

So let’s take the worst case and assume there have been 4 failures. In August, Gilead estimated there were 136,000 people in the USA on PrEP.  That number has grown since then, and there are people around the world on it now. Let’s say there are 250,000 people taking it. 4 out of 250,000 is a 1/62500 chance. For comparison, your lifetime chance of being struck by lightning is estimated to be 1/12000. I can live with those odds for PrEP and not lose any sleep over it. 

Absolutely. And the fact that the failure was a one off says something. I remember when this was reported and we all stood by waiting for the dam to break. It has not. My apologies for the “dope” comment. I ageee that there is no need to make it personal but it’s infuriating to see someone lead someone who may be impressionable down a bad path. 

Edited by Truversebb
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hairybttmcub43 said:

I’ve been on prep for two year and have taken many many undetectable loads. Tested neg yesterday 

taking undetectable loads is one thing. taking high viral loads is another. I have yet to hear a story where a guy knowingly took a high viral load, on prep, and did not convert. Lets also not forget Prep does zero against Hep-C, HPV and other STDs. The idea that someone is on prep and that they can do whatever they want is not true.

• Downvote 5

I think this is a positive conversation. It opens the topic of PrEP.  I did read the article and it seems there was a resistant strain that is "very rare" according to the information.  But I have been on PrEP for 2 years and am glad I'm on it.  Dr. S I think I will take those odds.  I love BB but I don't want HIV.  For me this works. I guess the numbers work for Canada also as they are offering the drug for free I believe.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, tightpussyboy said:

taking undetectable loads is one thing. taking high viral loads is another. I have yet to hear a story where a guy knowingly took a high viral load, on prep, and did not convert. Lets also not forget Prep does zero against Hep-C, HPV and other STDs. The idea that someone is on prep and that they can do whatever they want is not true.

You are being deliberately obtuse. Hundreds of thousands of guys are on PrEP. Can you honestly believe there haven’t been guys knowingly taking toxic loads? Go look on here. There are several guys who tell stories of doing it. 

If taking a toxic load ALWAYS infected a person on PrEP knowingly or otherwise, we would have dozens of cases of PrEP failure. 

No one is saying PrEP prevents everything. No one is even talking about that but you. 

If you take PrEP as directed you are protected against HIV. That’s all anyone is claiming. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, drscorpio said:

Can you honestly believe there haven’t been guys knowingly taking toxic loads? Go look on here. There are several guys who tell stories of doing it. 

Here you go:

A thread from a couple of years ago. Multiple guys reporting that they have taken lots of anonymous or known positive loads on PrEP and stayed negative. 

I would count myself among them. I have made multiple trips to backrooms and bathhouses since starting PrEP. I never discuss status unless the other guy brings it up. I have taken dozens of anonymous loads and am still negative. 

• Like 2

Just to note that all the evidence shows that people with undetectable viral loads cannot transmit hiv - therefore strictly prep isn’t strictly offering you any benefit when being exposed to undetectable loads. Prep does offer protection when exposed to detectable/high viral loads - no one has ever suggested that it offers  100% protection - but all the evidence is that it very effective at this.

WOW, I'm honored to have one of my very first posts on here used to help de-bunk tightpussyboy's foolish statements.  Sorry if that's a "personal attack", but I can't stand when people make statements that are SO EASILY proved wrong and just completely false and misleading to guys trying to inform themselves.  He claims he's not a chaser (I don't care if he is), but I don't know if anyone can really be THAT misinformed or he's purposely making stupid statements just to get people riled up.

Since that original post, this site helped me to loosen up and "put it to the test" myself!   I can say without a doubt I've taken every "status" load multiple times.  Over a year ago I changed my own status on bbrt to "ask me", which opened up a whole new crop of guys with those total "ask me" profiles.  Only ONE guy in almost a year has asked.  I've flip fucked or been a total bottom for lots of "ask me" guys and at cumunion, sex clubs, 3 and 4-ways I've been invited to (no questions asked) and large private hotel orgies.   

The original post is old, so the poster knows how well Prep works personally at this point, but the effectiveness is completely well documented. for new sluts thinking about it.  Yes, you can - and almost definitely will - get other stis with more barebacking in general, but it's part of the price I'm wiling to pay for the best sex of my life the past few years!!  I've been in a clinical trial for over a year for a new drug for Prep (less long term side effect of bone density issues).  I'm not saying there are NO NEGATIVES to Prep, but to say it's not effective against HIV is just plain ignorant at this point in the game, and I couldn't keep my hands off the keyboard lol

• Upvote 9

Count me among those who have definitely "put Prep to the test." Five years, countless loads of all statuses. I have every confidence in it.

So, yeah -- there have been 4 or 5 seroconversions in 6 years since Prep was approved, among hundreds of thousands of users and countless millions of bareback fucks. Those 4 or 5 guys simply added another med, quickly became undetectable, and are just fine.

In that same time period about 12 MILLION people became HIV+ worldwide -- 240,000 in the US alone -- WITHOUT Prep. Many of them were using condoms, or trying to. Where are the huge screaming headlines about condom failure?

Personally I'm more worried about getting in a car accident on my way to a hookup -- something which, unlike HIV today, can be fatal or seriously debilitating.

Take your Prep, get tested regularly for all STIs,  and stop worrying.

Edited by 6811283
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 6811283 said:

Count me among those who have definitely "put Prep to the test." Five years, countless loads of all statuses. I have every confidence in it.

So, yeah -- there have been 4 or 5 seroconversions in 6 years since Prep was approved, among hundreds of thousands of users and countless millions of bareback fucks. Those 4 or 5 guys simply added another med, quickly became undetectable, and are just fine.

In that same time period about 12 MILLION people became HIV+ worldwide -- 240,000 in the US alone -- WITHOUT Prep. Many of them were using condoms, or trying to. Where are the huge screaming headlines about condom failure?

Personally I'm more worried about getting in a car accident on my way to a hookup -- something which, unlike HIV today, can be fatal or seriously debilitating.

Take your Prep, get tested regularly for all STIs,  and stop worrying.

I love being on PREP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Been on Prep for 2 years.  As mentioned above keep track of your meds.  There is an app to remind you.... get tested every 90 days for the other crud (I've gotten it.)   Have fun...but as noted above be a responsible slut.  ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, as I mentioned in my other posts, PreP is not available in my country. But I find some opportunities to order it online. The Hungarian experts suggested to use https://www.iwantprepnow.co.uk/buy-prep-now/ site. 

It is difficult to solve shipping but it’s possible. 

So, has anyone experiences with this site. Can I trust them and the products they offer?

My other problem is how you can stand without sex for four weeks before PreP? I am going to go test next Friday but my last bareback adventures were on Sunday and it is possible to fuck more. So I must stop bareback (or in general?) sex soon and after four weeks go to test again. Can you give me some advice or share your experiences?

Thanks a lot.