Going off PrEP

PHXbottomguy

question for the guys going off prep....why?  deciding to chase?  or other stuff going on?  just curious!

Moderator's Note: This post was split of from the thread below. It seemed like a separate question, so I moved it. 

Edited by drscorpio

I have posted this in a number of other places....but here goes:

30 months on PrEP and had a raw only, any cock attitude and never converted, did get gono a couple of times and a round of syph
First day of NO PrEP was April 1 (yeah April Fools Day-----taunting the fates a bit)
First load (and a very POZ load) post PrEP was April 11
Tested POZ May 15.
And he lived POZ ever after.

Turns out, first cock after going off PrEP knocked my ass up. Guy who did it was a long time fuck bud....and in fact, the first POZ cock I took after starting PrEP in late 2014.

No doubt, the entire experience was part of my kind of lengthy, but focused move to accepting the virus as a natural part of being queer.

After that dick did the job, I had a lot of POZ sex....including a pretty active POZ Party. But, due to timing, type of testing, test results (antibodies showed up on early antigen/antibody test....and only one fuck was in the past long enough to be the one) were very clear that i was a one and done chaser. Perhaps not what I was expecting (timewise.....result certainly was expected and embraced).

Certainly not everyone's choice....but it was mine and over all, I have felt that the experiences of being on and going off PrEP have been an amazing part of my life as a fag.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, 1happyhomo said:

First load (and a very POZ load) post PrEP was April 11
Tested POZ May 15.
And he lived POZ ever after.

Was/Is your POZ friend not on meds and therefore has a viral load?

Yeah...he has been POZ for years.....never on meds. Part of the reason I went on PrEP was to finally get his cock.....(he is a great BBC with amazing cocksman skills)....so he got me when I went on PrEP (and a whole lot for those years) and now, of course, he got me just off PrEP and nailed my faggot ass.....

14 minutes ago, 1happyhomo said:

Yeah...he has been POZ for years.....never on meds. Part of the reason I went on PrEP was to finally get his cock.....(he is a great BBC with amazing cocksman skills)....so he got me when I went on PrEP (and a whole lot for those years) and now, of course, he got me just off PrEP and nailed my faggot ass.....

Not on meds for so long has he progressed to AIDS?