Anyone barebacked their way through the AIDS epidemic of the 1980s and early 1990s?

When I first moved to the Bay Area in 1991, only used condoms. Slowly I became a chaser even though I was in relationships. Silently hoping every time I traveled the guys I hooked up with were poz. Never asked and always hooked up with guys. Finally around 2005 or so became poz after a trip. I was so hoping my partner at the time would have been into it, but was not. Still love being fucked by poz guys and crave it. Some day I do hope to find some wasted sexy man who will fuck me. And then fuck me again...

• Like 2

On 7/19/2017 at 1:51 PM, jizzmboy said:

since I was 11... first with family, then their friends, then any cock in any way...truck stops, bathrooms, woods, xxx theaters, ive been a whore since 1977. today is my 51st birthday and I'm still neg.  my family is throwing a gangbang for me tonight. should be at least 30 people there... 

I started at 11 too 

• Like 2
  • Piggy 1

For me, sex during that era was always raw.  However, I was a Top then and considered myself less at risk for contracting AIDs then for a bottom.  Survived intact, though my partner died of HIV in 2001.  Now I'm a total bottom, raw, and loving it.  Oink!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 11:03 PM, Cwmslutbb said:

I started barebacking after watching 'The Living End' on video many years ago 

I loved the idea that those guys were just fucking and not thinking about anything more than the fuck. Even now, my hole is twitching at the thought 

riosing count I hope? do chems?

• Like 1

I did not, but I am much more into oral and used condoms even back before AIDS/HIV was known about as I had a not so fun experience with someone who was not cleaned out properly...

A good friend who is in his late 50s and who is a complete bottom as in he has never fucked and for sex he only mainly wants to get fucked has been getting fucked with no barriers since the late 1970s. He has sucked cock before but hates it and does it so he will get fucked hard, have his ass owned by a top, and take cum up his ass. He hasn't been with 1,000s of men and he has been fucked raw or bb by multiple men at separate times who he later learned were HIV+, they were not on any meds or on the only med which was AZT, had infected other men they knew and yet somehow my friend stayed HIV- after swallowing and taking multiple cum loads up his ass from someone who did not know they were HIV+ or had AIDS, had a high viral load, and were not on AZT or in the 1990s the later drugs.  My friend has no idea how he has stayed neg despite basically never using condoms.  He does not know if he has any of the genes that make someone immune to HIV infection/seroconversion, or if he has the gene that makes it so he has a very high T-Cell count, etc. My friend does not use drugs, only alcohol maybe once or twice a year such as a beer or glass of wine with dinner, and only used poppers/Amyl/Butyl maybe 3 times in the early 1980s-he stopped when it was thought they caused AIDS.

Edited by TotalTop

• 1 month later...

I started getting bred in the mid 90’s when I was 13. I really didn’t know much about condoms but I knew aids was a death sentence. My first relationship was with a man I trusted and really never thought about getting anything. When I went away to college at 19 i was much more aware of aids and how I could get it. I had never had a condom in me and really never thought to ask a man to use one either. Being 19 and a walking hormone it didn’t take me long to become poz. I was 19 and it was 2000 so I made it through the 90s without getting it though.

• Like 2

I started bottoming bareback before the AIDS crisis but I never thought I was a bottom or that I barebacked. As far as I was concerned, I was just having sex. But then everyone started wearing condoms.

My best sex was just before Meds and PrEP were available because guys were afraid of bottoming bareback. I decide to go back to bareback and start taking anonymous loads at the sauna and parks, which made my hole popular. When I got to the sauna often guys who had bred me before were eager to tell me that they were ready to fuck me. Raw holes were hard to get.

I installed a gloryhole at my place and I advertized myself as a bareback bottom wherever I could. Guys who fucked and bred me at the sauna were invited to my gloryhole. After PrEP saunas became full of bottoms looking for loads.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 6:04 PM, TotalTop said:

I did not, but I am much more into oral and used condoms even back before AIDS/HIV was known about as I had a not so fun experience with someone who was not cleaned out properly...

A good friend who is in his late 50s and who is a complete bottom as in he has never fucked and for sex he only mainly wants to get fucked has been getting fucked with no barriers since the late 1970s. He has sucked cock before but hates it and does it so he will get fucked hard, have his ass owned by a top, and take cum up his ass. He hasn't been with 1,000s of men and he has been fucked raw or bb by multiple men at separate times who he later learned were HIV+, they were not on any meds or on the only med which was AZT, had infected other men they knew and yet somehow my friend stayed HIV- after swallowing and taking multiple cum loads up his ass from someone who did not know they were HIV+ or had AIDS, had a high viral load, and were not on AZT or in the 1990s the later drugs.  My friend has no idea how he has stayed neg despite basically never using condoms.  He does not know if he has any of the genes that make someone immune to HIV infection/seroconversion, or if he has the gene that makes it so he has a very high T-Cell count, etc. My friend does not use drugs, only alcohol maybe once or twice a year such as a beer or glass of wine with dinner, and only used poppers/Amyl/Butyl maybe 3 times in the early 1980s-he stopped when it was thought they caused AIDS.

I have a friend in his 60's who bareback bottomed all through the aids crisis. He said he did the condom thing for like a month and decided raw sex was worth dying  of aids for.  He said he used to go pre-lubed to some pier in the village bend over and let anyone fuck him.  Just about all of his friends died but hes still here. 

• Like 1

For myself, was a late starter than most, my first experience was in my mid 20's, had never given gay sex a thought until one day at an ABS I was in the basement video booths and two guys cornered me and male raped me by force.  It happened that another guy stumbled in and knew what was going on and pulled them off of me and pounded the hell out of both of them and helped me out.  A  few weeks later, I stumbled across that guy in a couple of different places and we eventually began talking about what had happened that day.  He eventually talked me into giving it a try and allowing him to teach and show me a few things. It ended up with him slowly breaking me into being his bitch and as they say, the rest is history.  This all took place in 1975 and have been fucked hundreds of times over the years since then, not as much as many here, but still fucked a lot and very seldom with a condom.  I did try to screen the guys a lot, but am sure there were some that lied about status, but have remained neg through it all so far.  I did think about and gave PrEP a try when it first became readily available, but had undesirable side effects, so decided to just let it go and go with whatever will be back in the beginning of 2016.   

My first sexual encounter and my first bareback experience was in 1982. The plague years as I call it. Have always had bareback sex. It just took me 30+ years to end up Poz.  Not exactly sure what your looking for here but that’s my story

• Like 2

I took my first bareback load at 14 when I was a freshman in high school from a 21 year old. We hooked up every few months until I was about 19, always raw. When I started really getting into cruising and lots of casual sex, it was partly condoms, although I hated them. If I felt I trusted the guy, it would be raw. (I know, guys lie) But it seemed to me most guys were pretty honest if they were poz. I'd let them fuck me with a condom, which I would always try to eat afterward. (If they hadn't already pulled out and shot in my face or in my mouth)  I had a part time Master for a brief period who shared me with his neg friends, including gangbangs. I took a lot of risks in the early 90's. Thankfully I'm still neg. 

• Piggy 1

I took my first load at 14 when I was a freshmen in high school.   I continued to take raw loads from the early 80s to the present.   I think I was fortunate in the sense that HIV/AIDS in the early 80s in the Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha area was not wide-spread, and I was hooking up with primarily straight guys my father and older brother had me service.   Most of those guys did not hear about AIDS, and were happy to bareback since they did not need to worry about getting me pregnant.   In 1984, when I turned 18 I discovered the small gay leather community and most of the older leather bears were more than happy to bareback me.   As many of the guys I was having sex with were getting sick and dying, others assumed I was positive, so I had no problem hooking up with POZ guys who continued to bareback.  It was my experience that most negative guys I encountered were condom Nazis who were unwilling to have safe sex much less bareback sex with individuals known to bareback or thought to be positive throughout the late 80s and early 90s.  In the early 90s I moved to Chicago and San Francisco and bareback sex was pretty wide-spread in the gay chem community.

Edited by bjbottom
  • Piggy 1