• Moderators

If the red bumps spread to the palms of your hands, it may be syphilis. That's how my doctor knew the rash I had was likely 2nd sage syph. 

If they are hives, you are having an allergic reaction. Any antihistamine will help, but you need to figure out what you are reacting to if they keep coming back. It is likely your detergent or fabric softener, if you have recently changed either of those. 

• Upvote 1

As Dr Scorpio said, this could easily be an STI.  Rashes and Hives are common symptoms of a lot of different infections. Best to go get tested. Rashes can be a symptom of HIV, Herpes, Syphilis, Hepatitis.... The list goes on and on.

It can also be a reaction to stress, to environmental changes like amount of sun exposure, humidity, or temperature, or an allergic reaction to a soap or a perfume or something you ate.

Cheatingjock,

It's great that you're being checked out sooner rather than later. A temporary hickup. You'll be back barebacking/being barebacked in no time. Best of luck!

46 minutes ago, Read1 said:

Cheatingjock,

It's great that you're being checked out sooner rather than later. A temporary hickup. You'll be back barebacking/being barebacked in no time. Best of luck!

Oh, I haven't stopped... ;) 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I have written about this before on here, but you might not have seen it. When you get treatment for later stage syphilis, it is possible to have a Jarisch–Herxheimer reaction. When they give you the huge shot/shots of penicillin, a lot of the syphilis bacteria dies in a short period of time flooding your system with a lot of waste. It's pretty painful and unpleasant, but it does not last too long. No one warned me about it, and it hit me around 11:00 PM after having the shots that afternoon. I was pretty panicked until I got online and found out about it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drscorpio said:

I have written about this before on here, but you might not have seen it. When you get treatment for later stage syphilis, it is possible to have a Jarisch–Herxheimer reaction. When they give you the huge shot/shots of penicillin, a lot of the syphilis bacteria dies in a short period of time flooding your system with a lot of waste. It's pretty painful and unpleasant, but it does not last too long. No one warned me about it, and it hit me around 11:00 PM after having the shots that afternoon. I was pretty panicked until I got online and found out about it. 

Thanks for this info drscorpio! I get tested every three months so hopefully I won't get to later stage syphillis! Doesn't it take a while to get there?

• Moderators

Yeah, you have to miss the original chancre entirely. Then the infection has no symptoms for months or years. The rash that spreads to the palms of your hands is the usual indication that you have entered stage 2. If you are not treated then, it goes dormant again. The 3rd stage is neurological impairment/damage and can be fatal and/or cause permanent handicap. 

I assume I was infected in my butt and did not notice the chancre. I got the rash the day after we had been clearing brush in the backyard, so I ignored it for a week. I have no idea when I contracted it, but I would guess either TBRU 4 months earlier or Southern Decadence 9 months earlier. 

• Upvote 1