Unable to add status updates

Hi there, apologies if this is covered elsewhere (and in which case, please direct me there :D)

I'm unable to make status updates on the right hand side panel of the forum. Sometimes I just get a panel showing 'Recent Status Updates', but when the text box for a status update [Edit: the 'Whats on your mind?' box] is showing, and I click in it, it directs me to my profile, where there doesn't seem to be anywhere to add a status update.

I'm using Chrome browser if that helps. Please let me know if I'm missing something here :D

Thanks for your help

Edited by barejackbro2
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators

I am looking at the site in Chrome. 

On the main page of the forum under where it says "Recent Status Updates," there is a box that says "What's on your mind?" If you click in that box, it should bring up a small editor window where you can leave a status message. 

If that doesn't work, go to your profile page. At the top of your Activity tab, you should see a window which says "Write a public message on your own feed ..." Clicking there should allow you to leave a status message. 

Do either of those methods work for you?

Thanks for checking this out. Sadly neither of those options worked.

On the main page, the 'Recent Status Updates' doesn't have any 'Whats on your mind?' box at the moment. On the occasional times when it does, clicking it takes me to my profile rather than an editor window. Going to my profile, I see no window saying 'Write a public message on your own feed...'

On 6/19/2017 at 8:59 PM, barejackbro2 said:

Hi there, apologies if this is covered elsewhere (and in which case, please direct me there :D)

I'm unable to make status updates on the right hand side panel of the forum. Sometimes I just get a panel showing 'Recent Status Updates', but when the text box for a status update [Edit: the 'Whats on your mind?' box] is showing, and I click in it, it directs me to my profile, where there doesn't seem to be anywhere to add a status update.

I'm using Chrome browser if that helps. Please let me know if I'm missing something here :D

Thanks for your help

I have the same issue

On 6/20/2017 at 10:15 AM, barejackbro2 said:

Update: I went into my 'Edit Profile' and saw that the option 'Enable Status Updates' was not ticked. Ticked it. Save. Now all working.

I told you it would be something I was missing!! :D

Thanks for your help drscorpio, appreciate the time you took :)

I have done the same, and it now works :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.