Attitude towards PrEP from Chasers/Givers

Truversebb

Been on PrEP for 2 years and have been on here for a year or so and have some thoughts and observations. I do not count myself in the category of a chaser at all. In fact some of the anti PrEP things I see on here are crazy in my opinion. I really hope that it's just people playing in some fantasy world. I suppose my question is how do us PrEP folks feel about who don't like our choice to not want to acquire HIV? Have any of you received major attitude about it? Does it come from a place of anger or regret on the part of the antagonist? I am in a serodisconsordant relationship and I have no desire to become POZ. Nor does my husband want me to either. He is proud of his undetectable status and high CD4 count. Thoughts. 

• Upvote 3

• Moderators

The world is full of people who want to police other people's behaviors and desires. I try not to let them bother me. 

Even my friends who are totally into poz fetish/gifting/chasing have respected my choice. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agree I don't care what they think it's all about MY health and my decisions how I behave   

On 7/8/2017 at 9:43 PM, drscorpio said:

The world is full of people who want to police other people's behaviors and desires. I try not to let them bother me. 

Even my friends who are totally into poz fetish/gifting/chasing have respected my choice. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was a chaser myself, so for me PrEP was not something I considered at all. That said, I don't have any issues with guys being on PrEP. Every individual is different and nobody should have to justify their choices when it comes to one's sex life and health. It's all about living out one's fantasies and making informed decisions. So if someone likes to bareback but wants to avoid contracting HIV, sure go on PrEP; if you like to fuck bare and are unsure about how you'd feel if you turned poz, sure go on PrEP (for the time being).

Even though PrEP was not for me (for obvious reasons), I also feel that it has its benefits for the barebacking community as a whole. Thanks to PrEP a lot more people are finally giving in to their urges and fuck raw... and who am I to turn down a stud's load?!

• Upvote 2

This site is the only place where I see anti-PrEP stuff, and only from the chasers/gifters.......that is a small % of the gay population, although it seems larger when you're active on this site.  It's called breeding zone not pozzing zone, so not sure why any barebacker would complain about more guys on PrEP and fucking raw becoming the norm now.  I have actually been thinking about stopping my paid membership for bbrt because almost everyone on grindr and scruff wants to fuck raw now anyway.  Before PrEP there was so much more stigma and "fear" still.  Seems like everyone (except chasers) is cool with PrEP guys - the magic word - neg, poz, undetect all good with raw as soon as you say "PrEP" so what's not to love - more raw fucking any way you look at it :)

• Upvote 2

I too have been surprised at the anti-PrEP comments.  While I chose to chase (and convert) it was just that MY CHOICE.   And, it is a quite serious decision---literally a lifetime of consequences.   The decision to use the drug is no different than the decision to go raw without out latex or chemical protection....an individual choice.   With a site like this, it would be nice if we were all supportive of each other...regardless of the decisions we make.   Few other places allow the open discussions we have, allow the open disclosure of our sexual extremes and allow the sharing of the "real" experiences of raw sex, enhancements and hiv+ fetish.   Lets embrace that freedom and allow each other guy to find their place in our more fringe universe of sex.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/5/2017 at 8:29 AM, justsexnowatl said:

This site is the only place where I see anti-PrEP stuff, and only from the chasers/gifters.......that is a small % of the gay population, although it seems larger when you're active on this site.  It's called breeding zone not pozzing zone, so not sure why any barebacker would complain about more guys on PrEP and fucking raw becoming the norm now.  I have actually been thinking about stopping my paid membership for bbrt because almost everyone on grindr and scruff wants to fuck raw now anyway.  Before PrEP there was so much more stigma and "fear" still.  Seems like everyone (except chasers) is cool with PrEP guys - the magic word - neg, poz, undetect all good with raw as soon as you say "PrEP" so what's not to love - more raw fucking any way you look at it :)

You hit the nail right on the head. 

I'm a chaser but I think PrEP is awesome. Chasing or not-caring is not an option for everyone for dozens of reasons. I once had another chaser tell me that bottoms who are on PrEP aren't real bottoms, and I told him he's a fucking idiot. If you want to and can be on PrEP absolutely do it. If you want to chase then chase. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Upstateguy518

Prep is a wonderful drug that has given us waves of new bare back fuckers. Isn't that exactly what the chasers and givers want? Just because someone isn't infected or wants to be infected, Doesn't mean they aren't worth the fuck. 

as someone on PrEP myself, i have to say it makes me free to bareback more and enjoy sex more. just because i dont want to catch a virus doesnt make me any less of a bottom. it just means i enjoy sex and want to enjoy sex with less risk without having to bother with pesky condoms.

so the way i see it all of you should be happy because it makes people less inclined to ask about status in the first place or makes people care less about it, and makes more bottoms more confident to fuck all natural like it should be.

• Upvote 1

Upstate hit it exactly. The number of guys going bare has increased a lot since PrEP became available and used by many guys. Even guys who aren't on it are far more willing to go raw now. There are people on A4A who used to be die hard condom only who are now on PrEP and 100% barebackers. I have no doubt that being on PrEP helps me get a lot of college bois I wouldn't otherwise because they don't have to worry about taking my loads. It also means poz guys have a lot more people to play with now since those of us on PrEP usually don't care if the guy is poz or not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1