July 26 Site Upgrade Issues

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, vnaught8x6 said:

2017-07-26 16:00 UTC -4:00

Suddenly getting a lot of JS errors on various operations. Chrome/Android. Let me know if you need details.

I just did an upgrade to the site. While it wasn't a major upgrade, it wasn't minor either (I upgraded from IPB 4.1.19 to 4.2.1). There are some background functions that need to complete before all the functionality is fully back to how it should be. That could take a number of hours still. Reindexing of posts is only at 11%, and it's not the only thing that's getting reindexed.

That's on the back end. On the front end there are two themes I use for the site. The default theme is not fully compatible with the new backend version. When I upgraded the other theme to a new version that was "compatible" it was a complete mess. I suspect that the reason is that my CDN is serving files from the old version that are cached and the mix is what creates a huge mess. I'll try again to get that theme working in the morning (maybe tonight before I go to bed). Hopefully things will have aged out of the cache by that time. Once that theme is working I'll make it the default theme (since it's supposed to be compatible) and disable the other theme until a compatible version of it is available.

So the TL;DR version is 1) be patient – background processing will take a few more hours, and 2) hopefully appearance issues will get cleaned up tomorow (or earlier). In the mean time things should more-or-less work, but they may not be pretty.

If you guys wanna list particular error messages that you encounter, that would give me a list of things to test. And please describe what platform & browser you're on and what you were doing when you encountered the error.

• Like 1

• Administrators

All the background processes are done. I got the "compatible" theme working (as far as I can tell), so it's now the default theme for the site and the non-compatible one has been disabled (it will return when a compatible version of it is available).

Please report any errors – in detail. (I can't fix things unless I know they're a problem).

• Administrators

Those upgrades are done. The theme that used to be default now blends to gray at the bottom, so I've kept the non-transparent theme as default until I figure out how to turn that off. [The option to switch themes is at the bottom of the page.]

• rawTOP unfeatured this topic

I have a BIG issue. On my pc, now that there is new banner, my avatar and my access to the posts I get notified about AND my msgs. It all appears UNDER your new banner so I cannot access my profile! I cannot access my notifications! I cannot access my messages!!! It's all UNDER your new banner so my mouch arrow can't get to it!

I cannot get to my own personal page to post a messege to followers!!

I cannot even get to "log out"!!

This is extremely frustrating!!!! After what all I was just put through from here!

Edited by lynn1964

• Moderators

Things seem to have mostly cleared up. Thanks for the explanation,  RawTop ?

Still having one problem that may or may not be related: When I surf over to RauchyFuckers from here, I can view tgr vids, but cannot log in. When I try to log in, I get a blank white page with text "table bzone.members does not exist" 

I guess no one is addressing my problem. The one I posted about on Friday.

My avatar, screen name, notifications, and messeges all appear UNDER the new longer banner and I cannot access them as my mouse pointer can't touch them. I can clearly see them underneath the banner. This is really annoying because I can't access my own profile. I can't access my personal page to make posts there. And I got something the really needs to be posted there. I can't read my mail, can't see all the things I am getting notifications about and I can't sign off.

Do I need to send this to a specific mod perhaps? coz this has to get fixed soon or there is no point in me being here at all!

8 hours ago, lynn1964 said:

I guess no one is addressing my problem. The one I posted about on Friday.

My avatar, screen name, notifications, and messeges all appear UNDER the new longer banner and I cannot access them as my mouse pointer can't touch them. I can clearly see them underneath the banner. This is really annoying because I can't access my own profile. I can't access my personal page to make posts there. And I got something the really needs to be posted there. I can't read my mail, can't see all the things I am getting notifications about and I can't sign off.

Do I need to send this to a specific mod perhaps? coz this has to get fixed soon or there is no point in me being here at all!

I would send it to a specific moderator. Scorpio seems to be on top of things. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.