July 26 Site Upgrade Issues

• Moderators
17 hours ago, lynn1964 said:

I guess no one is addressing my problem. The one I posted about on Friday.

My avatar, screen name, notifications, and messeges all appear UNDER the new longer banner and I cannot access them as my mouse pointer can't touch them. I can clearly see them underneath the banner. This is really annoying because I can't access my own profile. I can't access my personal page to make posts there. And I got something the really needs to be posted there. I can't read my mail, can't see all the things I am getting notifications about and I can't sign off.

Do I need to send this to a specific mod perhaps? coz this has to get fixed soon or there is no point in me being here at all!

8 hours ago, Leatherman667 said:

I would send it to a specific moderator. Scorpio seems to be on top of things. 

rawTOP is the correct person to address this to. He's the only one involved in the technical maintenance of the site. He should be reviewing this thread. I am not sure why you haven't heard anything. 

I know full well why it hasn't been addressed. Same reason as another question I had before.

I have fixed this problem by changing the theme at the bottom of the page. Now I have a tiny, tiny sliver of my screen name my pointer can "touch". So I can now access my personal page thus I can access my notifications and my msgs.

You know, one thing that seems never to be considered is that all of the members here are NOT computer geniuses like the owner and the mods. Some of us are quite the opposite in fact.

1 hour ago, lynn1964 said:

I know full well why it hasn't been addressed. Same reason as another question I had before.

I have fixed this problem by changing the theme at the bottom of the page. Now I have a tiny, tiny sliver of my screen name my pointer can "touch". So I can now access my personal page thus I can access my notifications and my msgs.

You know, one thing that seems never to be considered is that all of the members here are NOT computer geniuses like the owner and the mods. Some of us are quite the opposite in fact.

Good to see you got somewhere with it. What happened before?

• Administrators
On 7/28/2017 at 9:34 AM, vnaught8x6 said:

Things seem to have mostly cleared up. Thanks for the explanation,  RawTop ?

Still having one problem that may or may not be related: When I surf over to RauchyFuckers from here, I can view tgr vids, but cannot log in. When I try to log in, I get a blank white page with text "table bzone.members does not exist" 

That's been the case for a couple years now. On top of that – Raunchy Fuckers is about to get moved. All the commercial content will move to bbbh.com late summer / early fall but I've had a lawyer say the amateur stuff can't be moved, so that will stay up for a bit longer and then eventually go away. However, bbbh.men (once developed) will allow guys to upload their personal videos, and s3x.social (once developed) will allow guys to share videos they like (within legal limits).

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 7/27/2017 at 1:47 PM, lower_bucks_bottom said:

Hi,

A small nit, but it now is posting a confirmation dialog when I click "Mark Forum as Read" rather then just going it. Can that be turned off?

Not easily, no.

• Administrators
On 7/29/2017 at 11:30 PM, Macahi said:

I would also like to point out again that the white text on black/dark background is nearly impossible for many of us to read.

@BlindRawFucker has been my guide on a lot of accessibility issues for visual impairment. It was my understanding that the issue is contrast and white on black is as constrasty as black on white. This theme has no transparency, and that's another thing that is supposed to make things better. Which theme are you using?

• Administrators
On 7/30/2017 at 10:32 PM, lynn1964 said:

I wound up taking a somewhat long weekend as things other than work imposed on my schedule. There's no point being bitchy about it.

Which theme did you have the problems with? And which theme is working for you. Beyond that, you were the only one having a problem (AFAIK). And I have no clue the nature of your problem. I don't understand what was obstructing what. You just didn't give me enough information to work with.

On 8/1/2017 at 3:24 AM, rawTOP said:

@BlindRawFucker has been my guide on a lot of accessibility issues for visual impairment. It was my understanding that the issue is contrast and white on black is as constrasty as black on white. This theme has no transparency, and that's another thing that is supposed to make things better. Which theme are you using?

There are only two themes and they're both white on black/dark backgrounds.  It makes all text double for me, very similar effect to the early days of the web when people liked to put green text on a red background, like this:

Chromostereopsis_BlueOnRed.png

I either use that plugin I mentioned a year ago which reverses all colors - but that screws up all images, doesn't do full pages if it's a long scroll, affects all of my browser windows not just the current one, etc., or I just copy what I want to read into a text editor.  It's a pain, but really the only thing that allows me to read the content easily.

• Administrators
On 8/5/2017 at 3:10 PM, Macahi said:

There are only two themes and they're both white on black/dark backgrounds.  It makes all text double for me, very similar effect to the early days of the web when people liked to put green text on a red background, like this:

Chromostereopsis_BlueOnRed.png

I either use that plugin I mentioned a year ago which reverses all colors - but that screws up all images, doesn't do full pages if it's a long scroll, affects all of my browser windows not just the current one, etc., or I just copy what I want to read into a text editor.  It's a pain, but really the only thing that allows me to read the content easily.

Because there are so many different forms of vision impairment and very little in the way of clear guidelines on how to design for all the different types of impairment, it feels like whack-a-mole to try to cater to each different type…

So… I think it would be easier to have you pick a theme that works well for you and which you think will work well for other users with vision impairment. So please take a look at this page…

https://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/

And tell me the themes work best for you. Please give me at least 3-5 options since not all of them function they way I need them to. And if you give me a commentary on why certain ones function better than others, that would be most helpful. (Even commentary on the ones that are worst and why they're worst, or ones you think will be difficult for other types of vision impairment, etc.) I'll pick one from your list and see if the theme developer will let me swap licenses (otherwise I'll just buy a new license and not renew one of the ones I have currently).

• 2 weeks later...

I just need to clear up something. My comments and questions on here have come across as "catty" and even mean. I don't/didn't mean for that to be the case. I sometimes, well, many times, have a hard time making my words equal what my head is thinking. And sometimes my run at humor is more like a backward trot. I meant no disrespect and in fact, I am enjoying things as they are and learning the new additives to the site. 

I do wish we could IM in chat on here though.

Sorry about the miscommunication. I'll slow down and try to make my words match my brain.

Lynn

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

For a couple of weeks I was not able to type anything in any field anywhere. The unread content screen would end after one page instead of the load more or whatever it's called to continue. Couldn't access any of my notifications. Could only see the number at the top of the screen and whenever clicking on the icon nothing would happen. Couldn't access the help or contact screens either. Most of those problems have been resolved. Although there is still a glitch in the email messaging. While I can enter text in the required subject line I can't enter anything in the required  message area. Running on a iPhone 5

is there an email address for help where I can send to from another application if similar issues crop up again?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by BearOKC69_Poz
Extra returns

23 minutes ago, ponyboy238 said:

I am no longer able to view photo images, just a white or black box where the image should be.

Is this a problem at your end or my internet provider, have tried google and firefox both show no images.

Thank you.

Same here. Just a big empty "box". No pics.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.