Profile pic too large...

Good luck. Tried this probably 2 years ago. Every file size, every browser, including my phone. No help from mods. I just gave up. It super pissed me off when I see animated avitar's etc and I can't do even a single image even at 160x160 resolution.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

I have no idea what particular issue (either of) you are having with your machine and software. Can you send the pic you want to me in a private message? I will do my best to get it posted for you. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your offer of help, 'drscorpio'.

However, attempting to send you a private message via both phone and laptop, I am able to write text, but, not attach a photo. There is no option to attach a photo!

In Private message there is the option where it says' 'insert other media', but one is unable to then choose a photo from phone or laptop, with the only options; 'insert image from URL', and 'insert existing attachment'.

There is an option to attach a photo in this 'public' reply, but, again, a similar notification; 'You are only allowed to upload 501.76kb' if doing via smartphone, or 'You are only allowed to upload 81.92kb' via laptop (the same image).

At a total loss!

• Administrators

There are image editing apps for smart phones. They can help reduce the size of the image.

Short version of a long story, I'm (slowly) working on software to replace IP.Board which currently powers this site. What I'm writing won't care how large the image is – it'll just resize it and compress it to the size that's appropriate. In the meantime we live with IP.Board, but non-blocking problems like this I'm just ignoring. It makes more sense for me to spend the time on the new stuff rather than fixing what I plan on throwing away.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.