How long for a total top to convert?

concerned1

How long would it take, on average, for a strict or "total" top (a guy who only tops and never bottoms) to become pozzed by fucking around indiscriminately (bareback, of course)?

I am a total top and have topped many, many times...perhaps over 50 times now but probably not quite 100 yet. But it will probably be very close. I haven't tested and cannot bring myself to do so, but I know in my heart that I am poz. My gut tells me. I've already made posts about that on here. I often fuck real deep and real hard. And real long, too. I'm not naive enough to believe that I've never come across a poz guy who was undiagnosed and therefore had a high viral load. Who knows, I may have fucked several of them!?

I've never been on PrEP, as it's not available here in the UK. It becomes available on our National Health Service this September, however.

Anyway, I just wondered, what's the average kind of time that a total top can expect to catch the virus? We'll take a total top who fucks at least one guy BB every single weekend. How long would that take, on average?

Thanks.

Also, I did see in a news article that HIV rates in the West (or certainly here in the UK anyway) are plummeting. This is supposedly because it's really hard now to catch the virus; harder than it ever has been at any point during the epidemic. They reckon it's because of most poz guys obviously knowing that they are poz and being on meds (and therefore having lower viral loads), people using PEP when they think they've had a risk and also guys taking PrEP so that they don't ever have risks...and of course, people using condons. Apparently this all combined is reducing the spread...and dramatically so. Thoughts on this (whether it's true or a load of bullshit) also appreciated.

Edited by concerned1

I am in your same position, never even had a guy in my mouth, exclusively topped. Still negative. 

Now I dont take chances though. I have three "regular" bottoms who -for a number of reasons- i know for a fact do not have a lot of opportunities to fuck around, so i only unload in them.

i fuck them hard and rough -i am a dominant/aggressive/selfish top- but always well lubed and very slow in the beginning to avoid tissue rupture. 

It works for us all, they each get my loads occasionally and i get to keep my high sex drive -and sanity- in check. 

If I knew now years ago, how hard it is for a negative guy (especially a circumcised one like myself) to catch HIV from fucking raw, I would have been a lot more wild and promiscuous. So many of my friends on here are negative even after YEARS of steady raw playing. They, unlike me have no issues with eventually turning poz. I became a quasi-recluse, although jealous guys would cock-block me to their friends as 'oh I don't know... he fucks EVERYBODY!' You can't win. And if you can't win, join them! But sero-conversion was never intended nor desired; but that awkward sex with rubbers ALWAYS killed the moment for me! So I settled for 'cutting down the numbers' and having less sex, with fewer guys. But with the few I did, always bareback and feeling guilty afterwards... what BS all that was!  'IT HAPPENED' when I least expected it; in one of my serial relationships with a seemingly innocent twink who was unaware he was poz, HVL and then one day had issues with bleeding gums... long story short: I'm still with him ten years later and we FINALLY play wild, but both undetectable. In retrospect I deprived myself of AT LEAST 90% of all fun that was available to me in the 'fear-and-loathing-days' of 'vanilla-safer-sex' and all that BS. Now with both of us being undetectable, I catch myself once again still not not fully 'going with the flow'... avoiding self-declared 'negative' guys who for all I know are full of it... which might explain why a boldly and proudly-promiscuous guy or one who has a bio-hazard tattoo is now the ultimate fantasy-in-the-flesh!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

@punamanThat's some statement to make. I am unsure as to whether or not to believe this whole popular belief on this website, that unprotected topping is significantly low risk - so significantly low in fact, that it's not worth worrying about too much. I mean, if that was the case, would the HIV epidemic in Africa (where the epidemic rages at it's worst) have ever taken off? The overwhelming majority of cases there are among heterosexuals - and, of course, heterosexual men can only "top" a vagina, right? As another user in another thread on this site said, I would say it's quite "routine" to be infected as a top...maybe a little less likely to happen as it is with bottoms, but still very common and routine.

Edited by concerned1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dumpingground said:

If your that concerned stop barebacking. 

I can't. It feels way, way too good. Yes I'm scared so much of pozzing, scared so much like you could never know or believe, but I simply cannot stop doing BB, it is like a drug addiction for me....the physical pleasure of being in a sexy guy's hole, raw, cannot be beaten by anything else on this planet. I love it so much. When I fuck wearing a condom, it doesn't seem to feel pleasurable at all really...it's just not the same, the difference is remarkable. I know that I will eventually poz (if I haven't pozzed already) if I continue doing BB.....but I just don't know how to stop....anyone in the same boat??

Edited by concerned1

Speaking of Africa: I see that on health-related stories on say BBC etc that in a lot of countries circumcision is pushed hard as a partial 'prophylactic' after a corelation between uncircumcised and unprotected HETERO sex was established. It's men picking it up in big cities and taking it back to their wives. Research articles I have read over time suggests there are certain cells under the foreskin (Langerhans  cell (sp.?) that have been implicated as virtually ABSORBING HIV.  And much of Africa has a vibrant economy based on travelling truckers who visit high-risk (undiagnosed, untreated) prostitutes without using rubbers. As to 'trusting' information on here or anywhere; it will be up to you to do your own research on-line and see what information you trust. I see a lot of 'fetishes' on here that are glorified where I (politely) take distance and leave it alone. 

I used to be VERY CONCERNED and skittish about the whole subject... became a quasi-hermit, stumbling from one relationship to another... and one of them can always be YOUR TROJAN WHORE! (I can laugh about it now)

#concerned1 I used to be in the same boat as you: caught between lust and spur of the moment, fear and loathing, regret and hypocrisy, unable to fully enjoy the moment! I messed up some very cool friendships because of my 'reservations' - I'm trying to track some of them down but it will never be the same!

Edited by rawsatyr
add additional info

#concerned1 Only a test could determine that! And most guys who are poz are on meds now, unlike the ones who you see have a fetish for high viral loads and other (what some would call SINISTER plots) aspects of remaining untreated... but seeing how many bottoms on here have gone 'biting the bullet', or wait DODGING IT despite YEARS of bottoming... well unless they are all full of it, I wonder what truth is to it? I'd say: "Get tested, and no matter what the outcome is, you will be better off and more at peace in the end... it is not 1990 any more... even as far back as 2005 the subject wrecked my nerves!

• Upvote 1

Guest NudistPerv
18 minutes ago, concerned1 said:

@rawsatyrI am uncut, and have barebacked many, many, many times. Based on what you've just said, I will assume that I am already poz.

Assume..? Uncut brother, empower yourself. Knowledge is power..tests are everywhere, take control..take ownership..then you'll know & you can then do what you want. Remember that old saying when you assume. . You make an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me' ..and you ain't no ass, uncut brother! Uncut here also, BB ..and poz

• Moderators

About AIDS in Africa, topping a female in her pussy is much riskier than ass fucking. I assume it is because vaginas have so much more fluids to carry the virus. That's why straight men get HIV so easily there.