How long for a total top to convert?

concerned1

14 hours ago, concerned1 said:

@punamanThat's some statement to make. I am unsure as to whether or not to believe this whole popular belief on this website, that unprotected topping is significantly low risk - so significantly low in fact, that it's not worth worrying about too much. I mean, if that was the case, would the HIV epidemic in Africa (where the epidemic rages at it's worst) have ever taken off? The overwhelming majority of cases there are among heterosexuals - and, of course, heterosexual men can only "top" a vagina, right? As another user in another thread on this site said, I would say it's quite "routine" to be infected as a top...maybe a little less likely to happen as it is with bottoms, but still very common and routine.

You should not believe this websites popular belief, you should be reading the information from the studies that have gone on since the 80's. Google AIDS/HIV studies and get the correct information, which is where I got my information and data. And is why I'm comfortable having my HIV+/UD husband fuck me raw and shoot his poz cum up my ass anytime he wants, because according to the real studies, not BZ, he's the safest bet to NOT get infected by, as long as he keeps up on his meds. Enjoy bbing!

16 hours ago, punaman said:

You should not believe this websites popular belief

And I don't. I believe what all of the educational literature written about HIV says and has always said: that unprotected anal sex (whether you happen to be bottoming OR topping) is extremely high risk for becoming infected with the virus.  

The overhwelming majority of literature will not even make the distinction between bottoming and topping, and will just state that "unprotected anal sex" is high risk (obviously therefore meaning which "role" a person takes doesn't make all that much  of a difference).

Whilst I concede that bottoming is indeed more risky than topping, topping is not  low risk ;  a little less risky than bottoming, yes, but it is still very high risk and extremely common for tops to become infected. To pretend otherwise is fantasy.

I concede that there are plenty tops (and bottoms, too) on this website who claim  to have been barebacking on an extremely regular basis (monthly or weekly in many cases) for several years and still test negative. If these people are indeed telling the truth, then they are certainly the exception rather than the norm.

Out there in the real world, for most  people, barebacking on a very regular basis, as either top or bottom or both, over a lengthy period, is most likely (if not absolutely certainly) eventually going to result in HIV infection. 

Edited by concerned1

On 8/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, concerned1 said:

And I don't. I believe what all of the educational literature written about HIV says and has always said: that unprotected anal sex (whether you happen to be bottoming OR topping) is extremely high risk for becoming infected with the virus.  

The overhwelming majority of literature will not even make the distinction between bottoming and topping, and will just state that "unprotected anal sex" is high risk (obviously therefore meaning which "role" a person takes doesn't make all that much  of a difference).

Whilst I concede that bottoming is indeed more risky than topping, topping is not  low risk ;  a little less risky than bottoming, yes, but it is still very high risk and extremely common for tops to become infected. To pretend otherwise is fantasy.

I concede that there are plenty tops (and bottoms, too) on this website who claim  to have been barebacking on an extremely regular basis (monthly or weekly in many cases) for several years and still test negative. If these people are indeed telling the truth, then they are certainly the exception rather than the norm.

Out there in the real world, for most  people, barebacking on a very regular basis, as either top or bottom or both, over a lengthy period, is most likely (if not absolutely certainly) eventually going to result in HIV infection. 

NOT if they are taking meds and are Undetectable. Read the reports, the studies and the facts.  The safest people to have sex with these days ARE HIV+ Undetectable on Meds as at least they are honest about their status.  Read the partner project data and others. No top or bottom has converted while in a magnet (one poz, one neg) monogomous relationship and that is with thousands of sex acts counted. THOUSANDS. The only ones to convert were when the neg went out on the poz partner and had unprotected sex and caught the virus. 
It's obvious that you won't be comfortable topping bare, so you should just accept it and use condoms. Nothing wrong with that for you. Be happy and accept what your limits are. Enjoy life topping, even with a condom

I am cut, but I was topping raw VERY regularly for at least 10 years before PrEP.  Plenty of sex club and bathhouse guys, no questions asked.  Other guys that I knew for a fact were poz/undetectable but had grown totally comfortable with that.  A counsellor at the AIDS testing clinic told me my chances of contracting HIV from bottoming bb were 1 in 500.  Chances from topping were 1 in 3000.  After that info I was comfortable enough to never use a condom again as a top.  It's night and day, like you said, and I have turned down many guys that want me to top with a condom, but I have fucked hundreds (maybe close to 1000 - no idea really, but very frequently for 15 years), so I've taken a good sample, and of course many were poz whether they knew it or not.  Still neg at 52 yo, got on Truvada 3 years ago and started a trial study for new drug last spring, so the past few years aren't a good comparison, but I was very high risk as a top for 10-12 years.  I'm cut.  I don't know how much difference that actually makes, but if you're in the 50-100 partner range, I'm guessing you're not poz, but only a test will tell.  Doesn't sound like you're gonna change your habits anyway, so just get a test and go from there.  

I topped in a 3 way with another top who was newly poz unmediated. He bred the bottom first and then I bred the cum filled ass after. Had my dick in that hole for about 30 minutes or so fucking him. Any known conversion statistics about situations like this where a poz top converts a neg top in a 3 way? Or can anyone point me in the direction as to where to find this answer?

The odds of you being poz are slim, but why the reticence to get tested? If indeed, you are poz, you're actually a hot commodity. And if you're still neg, regardless of whose infected hole you shove your cock into, you're likely to remain neg, so bareback with abandon.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Guest ImpotentBottom

Asked this on another topic page, but I want to ask again...

It is true that there is a very low risk for a total top to get hiv from a poz bottom?

My neg bf wants me to take poz loads and get converted, but i have been hesitant because of a risk to him...based on what I'm reading in these forums, it seems unlikely that I would infect him after i get pozzed by someone else.

Guest GoneFishing
On 8/22/2017 at 4:15 PM, Dumpingground said:

I must say if you have insurance, HIV = freedom and not really a bother in anyway. 

ditto !

• 2 months later...

It’s my belief that the widespread media campaign  that topping a female can lead to infection was simply to convince people to get tested without the shame of being known as a homo who takes it in the ass. Topping either a male or female was and is low risk. 

Guest descartes70817

Things to keep in mind even as a total top is that medication you take for something completely unrelated can affect your immune system and increase your risk of infection. I tested negative in September 2014 yet I had full blown AIDS by February 2017 because a drug called methotrexate, prescribed for very severe psoriasis, destroyed my immune system pretty much completely (taken between January and July 2015). Low risk is not no risk.

• 1 month later...

Stats from the Aidsmap project are

Bottoming for a partner of unknown status: 0.27% (1:370)

Bottoming for a HIV positive top: 0.82% (1:123)

Bottoming with condom for a partner of unknown status: 0.18% (1:555)

Topping with a partner unknown status: 0.06% (1:1666)

Topping with a condom, partner of unknown status: 0.04% (1:2500)

Giving a blow job: Estimates range from 0.00% to 0.04% (1:2500)

More information at http://www.aidsmap.com/

Things that are wrapped up in this include (cut vs uncut), chems, VL and poppers (using poppers seems to be increase the likelihood by 3-4 times due to the dilatant effect.. The higher numbers unknown vs poz partners probably stem from the wide range of VL in poz men, which when controlled tend to be low.