Map Of New HIV Infections In The U.S.

www.aidsvu.org http://www.aidsvu.org is a website designed by Emory University in Atlanta to track new infections within the United States and also existing infections. For our purposes it can also be used to see where there are large numbers of HIV+ people to increase the odds that when you bareback you can get the virus. In fact if you like a particular race of guys for instance you can even see where HIV is most prevalent among that sub-population. Many people on here have asked why it's hard to find people in their area HIV is very rare in many areas of the country. It is most prevalent in the areas the CDC calls the "12 cities" These are the cities that have the highest HIV rate so they get extra prevention dollars. Miami, Atlanta, Houston and many other major cities in the south are on the list. As a region the south is always highest in rates although individual cities like San Francisco or New York of course also will always have high rates.

Edited by drscorpio
Inserted clickable link.

Thanks for sharing the map.  I appreciate your comment regarding it is good to go fishing where the fish actually are.   But as encouragement for those who say they cannot find I top, I live in a county where there were only 9 reported cases of M4M sex cases in 2014.   In 2015 there were ten.

So basically you know that you need to travel to Atlanta to be successful or somewhere similar. I don't live that far from Ashville myself so I understand. That's why I make regular trips to larger cities where I am not just wasting my time.