Anyone have experience with proctitis and bottoming?

In the beginning of July, I came down with a fever for a couple days, followed by persistent, painful bowel movements. Went to my primary care doctor, who thought it was probably food poisoning, and had me provide a stool sample. The pain got much worse over the next two or three days (to the point that I was holding onto the windowsill and screaming every time I had a bowel movement, which was close to every hour), so I went to the ER. I had a CT scan, and they said it looked like proctitis as my rectum was inflamed. The ER doctor, when learning about my HIV status and sexual history, immediately reached the conclusion that I had anal gonorrhea and treated me for it, without doing any tests. She also prescribed Cipro in case it was food poisoning.

(As an aside: I thought gonorrhea was extremely unlikely. I get tested for STDs every four months, and haven't had any since I became poz four years ago. Since my last test in May, I had only topped once and bottomed once, and the guy who bred me is also undetectable and gets tested regularly. I told him about what happened, and he got tested a week or so later, and it came back negative.)

I went back to my primary care doc a couple days later, and he prescribed me a mesalmaine suppository to help with the inflammation. (He thought I had gonorrhea as well.) That, along with the Cipro presumably, greatly reduced my inflammation over the course of a few days. I also saw a gastroenterologist who did a digital exam, and pretty much gave me a clean bill of health since the inflammation had subsided and said I didn't need a colonoscopy or anything. (Though he also assumed it was gonorrhea. WTF.) I should probably note the suppository also caused me to retain urine, which is a pretty serious side effect, so I ended up only taking it for a week.

From what I've read on proctitis, it can also result from anal trauma, such as rough sex or other activities. In the months prior to this, I had been experimenting with larger toys, as it has always been a fantasy of mine to be fisted. I had worked my way up to a toy that is 2.85" in diameter. There were one or two occasions where I bled a little bit using this toy. I think it is much more likely that my use of toys (sometimes 3x per week) is what caused this condition.

Sorry for the wall of text. Here's where my question comes in:
It's been over a month since my symptoms started, and a full month since they've subsided. I have not bottomed or played with any toys since then. I have no trouble inserting a finger in my ass; there is no discomfort. However, when I tried douching today with a shower shot, I couldn't get it in as far as I used to. I also tried playing with my smallest toy, and though it wasn't uncomfortable per se, I bled a small amount almost immediately upon inserting it farther than 2-3 inches, so I stopped right away. I can't find a whole lot about this online, and in case you couldn't tell by my experiences with these asshole doctors, they're not exactly gay friendly. So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with proctitis and bottoming. I'm due to see my infectious disease doctor next month, so I figured I would ask him then if it hasn't gotten better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bbfistcumpig

Hi, 

has your doc tested you on chlamydia, because a proctitis can be a symptom of a anal chlamydia infection. 

If it is this and you will get the right antibiotics you will be fit within 7 days.

• 1 month later...

Had it a couple of years ago. About a week after visiting a bath house and getting fucked hard a couple of times there I started having a discharge and getting real sore in my lower stomach I went to the emergency room. After talking to the doctor he tested me for gono  and did a MRI and determined that I had Proctitis. Pumped me full on antibiotics which cleared up the infection compleatly after a few days.  Had to see the Proctolligest about a week later and everything was healed. I went about two months before taking a cock up my ass.