Poz Top want's to BB me

DylanDaSilva

Hey All,

As some of you may know (if you read my previous post) i was looking for the best destinations for a family holiday - by best i mean the place that has a lot of gay sex going on (e.g. Berlin).

I was browsing the BBRT of a few countries and stumbled upon a profile for a Top in Canada and he is perfect - Black, 6'2", 190LBS (Muscle), 9.5 Inch Uncut Cock but one problem, He is Poz and NEVER uses a condom. Don't get me wrong i have nothing against Poz people but i'm not looking to get HIV any time soon.

I was thinking about getting onto PrEP before i visit Canada but was wondering if it is effective enough for me not to catch anything. I will be taking a lot more than 1 Load - i'll be taking loads until he starts having dry orgasms (his words - not mine), and he also is into piss play (urinating in my ass - what would the HIV risk be from this?).

I'd like to hear your opinions on if it is worth the risk and also some advice if you have any.

Thanks,

Dylan x

Edited by DylanDaSilva
Spelling Error
  • Like 1

PrEP is only effective after about 7 days of daily dosage. Then you must continue to take it daily for full protection. It only works against HIV. Any other STDs you are left totally vulnerable to. PrEP provides protection regardless of how many loads you take. There is no risk of HIV from him urinating in your ass either. 

2 minutes ago, bbaremich said:

PrEP is only effective after about 7 days of daily dosage. Then you must continue to take it daily for full protection. It only works against HIV. Any other STDs you are left totally vulnerable to. PrEP provides protection regardless of how many loads you take. There is no risk of HIV from him urinating in your ass either. 

Thank You for your quick reply.

I know there are vaccines for Hepatitis, but are there vaccines for any other STD's?

Would taking PrEP once a day then taking an extra pill after I've had sex be more effective or will it cause a problem?

There are no vaccines that I know of for any STD aside from the various Hepatitis viruses. The other STDs that are more common are causes by a bacterial infection, so vaccines cannot be made against them. They are only treatable by antibiotics post-infection. 

Taking PrEP once a day is all that is necessary. Doubling up dosages won't help and might give you some light side effects (dizziness, nausea, etc). 

• Moderators

If the top with the BBC is on meds and undetectable, you have nothing to worry about as far as HIV goes. Being on PrEP puts you in control and not at the mercy of a lying or mistaken top. 

If you have had PrEP (Truvada) in your system for several days, the extra pill won't make it noticeably more effective, but it is not likely to cause a big problem. 

If you are barebacking, it is good to get vaccinated for Hep A and B. You seem to be young enough that the vaccine against the virus that causes genital warts would be a good idea, too. Other than that, you have to treat them after you catch them if you actually do. 

18 hours ago, drscorpio said:

If the top with the BBC is on meds and undetectable, you have nothing to worry about as far as HIV goes. Being on PrEP puts you in control and not at the mercy of a lying or mistaken top. 

If you have had PrEP (Truvada) in your system for several days, the extra pill won't make it noticeably more effective, but it is not likely to cause a big problem. 

If you are barebacking, it is good to get vaccinated for Hep A and B. You seem to be young enough that the vaccine against the virus that causes genital warts would be a good idea, too. Other than that, you have to treat them after you catch them if you actually do. 

I am not sure if he is on meds. If he had AIDS, would PrEP still be effective?

Yes, AIDS is simply a further progression of someone infected with HIV. Their immune system is totally compromised but still pass on the 'regular' HIV virus. PrEP will protect you against someone with pre-AIDS HIV or AIDS progressed HIV. 

• 2 years later...