Want Your Account Deleted?

rawTOP

• Administrators

UPDATED (see extra section at the bottom of this post)

A get quite a few requests about account deletion. But we almost never delete accounts. Let me explain why…

Yes, I do have the ability to delete accounts, but I don't use it because deleting the account doesn't do what you think it does. It doesn't delete your content and your profile name will still show next to everything you've posted. All deleting your account does is gets rid of your profile page, photo albums, etc. And 90+% of the time you're looking for more than that.

The reason why deleting the account doesn't delete the person's posts is because those posts are part of threads that only make sense if there's a cogent train of thought. When you start deleting messages from threads they become like Swiss cheese and you can't follow the conversation. That's why what you post on this site is different than what you post on, say, a hookup site. Or even what you post on Twitter. Remove content from those sites and (almost) no one will notice.

I hear a few different reasons why people want their accounts deleted, so let me address each of them…

"I've met someone, we're monogamous, my life is different now, so I don't need this profile."

I'm happy for you, but I'd put money on the fact that you'll be back. Gay relationships are either 1) open or 2) short. So you'll be back. (That may sound harsh, but it's true 99% of the time.)

"This site is a bad influence in my life, I can't be part of it."

If the chem sex part is a problem, I can block that for you. Just ask and I'll be happy to do it.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're not at peace with your own sexual desires. Having you make peace with your desires is one of the functions of this site. So (again), you'll be back, and IMHO this site will help you not harm you when you do come back.

And for the few of you who do move onto other phases of your life… Congratulations. But in that case there's really no harm in just walking away and letting your account go inactive.

"My life is ending. I used the same profile name I use on other sites and my [mother/boyfriend/boss] found everything I posted here."

I feel for you. I really do. But the damage is probably already done. Deleting the account won't fix anything. What I can do is change your profile name. Actually, I'm pretty sure that's something you can do yourself in settings (so please don't hit me up for that). BUT, realize your profile name is just a textual label that's on top of an account number. If someone has the URL for your old profile, it will redirect to your new one because the account number is in the URL. So again, I feel for you, I really do, but the damage is done.

So the solution is just to walk away and let the account go inactive.

I should mention that Breeding Zone won't be around forever in it's current form. I'm developing some new sites and in time the content/functionality will be moved over to those sites. Since about the beginning of the year I've been creating user accounts in the new system for anyone who is logged in here on Breeding Zone. As of yesterday having a user name here no longer guarantees you the user name on the new system. What that means is that people who don't login here won't be migrated to the new system. Their accounts will die when the current version of Breeding Zone it turned off. That will probably be a couple years in the future. And the new system will be better able to delete inactive accounts and recycle user names. (Based on how active the account was).

So if you want to delete your account, just walk away and let it go inactive. At some point in the future it will get deleted when I purge inactive accounts.

NEW POLICY…

So when I get a chance I intend to delete abandoned profiles, which are defined as:

1. You have made no forum posts,
  2. AND made no blog posts,
  3. AND one of the following:
    1. You haven't logged in for 6 months and you were active for less than a month,
    2. OR You haven't logged in for a year

If your profile meets those criteria it will get deleted. But I need to find the time to do the programming for that. So it may take a couple months. But that's my goal. In the meantime you can and should delete all the identifying details from your profile.

• rawTOP featured and pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

RawTop just wrote like a half a book on WHY he doesn't delete profiles,  and yet 4 guys..    aww never-mind, they wouldn't pay any attention anyway.

fuk it.  I have been posting on message boards like this, since 1990. With topics that range from How to groom your dog to boards that explain step by step how to take down a 747.. And theres more that won't delete profiles than will. Get over it!

• Upvote 4

Guest outdatedaccount

Mostly I just wish there were controls to allow management of photo albums.  Most people periodically want to remove old photos and add some newer ones.  Keeping old photos that are no longer representative of your current age or looks is a disservice to guys that might be interested in you.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, atx-ghslut said:

Mostly I just wish there were controls to allow management of photo albums.  Most people periodically want to remove old photos and add some newer ones.  Keeping old photos that are no longer representative of your current age or looks is a disservice to guys that might be interested in you.

If you want a photo or album deleted, report it with the request, and a moderator will take care of it for you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
23 hours ago, Ashj said:

Please delete mine as well.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:11 AM, Nielschaser said:

Please delete my account

I'd like to point out that posting asking for your profile to be deleted is a sure fire way to make sure it DOESN'T get deleted since I'm only going to be deleting profiles with no posts. I'm really tempted to give these guys infractions for not reading the thread and wasting everyone's time.

• rawTOP locked this topic
  • Administrators

I have locked this thread and hid a lot of the discussion. The comments asking for profiles to be deleted were pointless. We don't delete profiles. Just turn off notifications, delete details from your profile, and walk away…

Just as a reminder we're happy to remove any personally identifiable details such as addresses or phone numbers – just use the report button under the post and a moderator will take care of it.

At some point in the future we will delete abandoned profiles that have no posts associated with them, but those are the only profiles we'll be deleting.

Any emails to support asking for a profile to be deleted will be ignored because there's nothing more to say than what's been said above.

• rawTOP unpinned and unfeatured this topic