Question of responsibility

Klick

Hey all, I'm a young bottom on PrEP. 

I just wanted to ask a quick question on where you think responsibility lies with your sexual partners, in situations where you may pass an STI/HIV to someone.

I only ask because I can tell that I might have something anally, and I don't know whether I should get treated immediately or wait until after my trip to Folsom San Francisco (Sept 22-25) to get tested and treated. 

I'm sure I'll be going to orgies, have sex with multiple partners, and having my fun, but then at the end of the day I may have willingly transmitted something to my partner. If I get treated, there's a great chance that I may just end up getting something again while at Folsom.

How do you handle your responsibility/guilt complex and what do you think I should do?

This is just a conversation, please be nice and respectful. I'm not a bugchaser but I do love the feeling of raw cock unloading in me and making my hole wet.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's irresponsible to not first treat yourself & even then, if there is a chance you are infective to tell a partner.  I'm all for the fantasy posts on here, it adds some excitement for sure. But.. In the real world, a decent human being would take care of his own health and be responsible

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, fillmyholeftl said:

It's irresponsible to not first treat yourself & even then, if there is a chance you are infective to tell a partner.  I'm all for the fantasy posts on here, it adds some excitement for sure. But.. In the real world, a decent human being would take care of his own health and be responsible

I totally agree. I spoke with a friend that even though Folsom is 3 weeks away, I should get tested and treated just to not take the chance and spread anything over in San Francisco. 

Thanks for reading, this may have been a silly question to begin with and I'm sorry.

• Upvote 1

Agree also. If history is a guide, we are extremely vulnerable to a plague. 

It's a struggle in this town to stay "Negative" when it's already a global destination for gay tourism.  

If it's even remotely possible I'd like to come in for lab work without an STD infection.

Until that day comes; with regularity  Ill be face down ass up on an exam room table at Kaiser Permanente SF Geary, waiting on Iris to give me another Ceftriaxone injection.

• Upvote 2

Don't be sorry for asking.  Do the right thing and get it treated before Folsom.  If you catch something there, get it treated as well.  I don't understand the thinking of some of the guys on here that want to have every disease known to man, I think most of it is fantasy.  Have fun at Folsom and come back and tell us your hot stories.

• Like 2

Get tested and treated...then raw fuck with wild abandon! 442 Natomas holds a special Folsom Cumunion beginning at 4pm: get your hungry ass down there, hold court in a sling...or ass up in the dark room and take load after load after load..Mmmmmmmmm... Oink!!

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2017 at 10:11 AM, Klick said:

Hey all, I'm a young bottom on PrEP. 

I just wanted to ask a quick question on where you think responsibility lies with your sexual partners, in situations where you may pass an STI/HIV to someone.

I only ask because I can tell that I might have something anally, and I don't know whether I should get treated immediately or wait until after my trip to Folsom San Francisco (Sept 22-25) to get tested and treated. 

I'm sure I'll be going to orgies, have sex with multiple partners, and having my fun, but then at the end of the day I may have willingly transmitted something to my partner. If I get treated, there's a great chance that I may just end up getting something again while at Folsom.

How do you handle your responsibility/guilt complex and what do you think I should do?

This is just a conversation, please be nice and respectful. I'm not a bugchaser but I do love the feeling of raw cock unloading in me and making my hole wet.

Thanks

Ditto everyone else who has counseled get treated first (and tested and treated after if need be).  I appreciate your honesty in asking and posting this. The truth is, pretty much everyone going to Folsom could say the same thing, eh?   We focus on HIV, but HIV is now the only STD that has scientific study evidence that one can have it and be reasonably confident they will not transmit it (i.e., if they are on meds and undetectable). We cannot say that about chlamydia, gonnorhea, etc..  Imagine if everyone going to Folsom decided to get treated and tested first vs wondering whether or not to?  It's kinda strange how our reasoning can be backwards on this, my thinking is it's because we still have a very strong culture out there that guilts and shames people, treating them as 'bad' or 'wrong' or ___________, if they have an STD, so we have an emotional aversion to being tested... it cultivates a culture of denial. 

A little more on this. The shaming culture perpetuates disease. I'm in healthcare, so stay up on a lot of this stuff. There are methods that have been used (and studied) where reward is used to help people stop deleterious behaviors (actually involves monetary remuneration). It can actually be cheaper to pay people to stop smoking, for instance, than to treat the ultimate diseases many develop as a result.  Radical thought, what if we paid people to get tested for STD's?  Not really suggesting this, what I am trying to provoke is a different thought process, attitude.  Why not have the same attitude towards STD's that we did towards polio or small pox?  We have cures. STD's are still a huge problem because of how we treat them and the people who might have them.

stepping down from the soap box