Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

988 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

I have always had much better luck going to bars, baths, or cruising areas rather than a website or app. The apps lately are a waste of time. I would log in and get no response from people who showed up as online. 

On the websites I would get a bite or two and sometimes be able to arrange something in advance. The old chat rooms and Craigslist I am able to get something within a short time frame. Usually, they were married men with limited time and very willingly to enter a hole bare.

On 9/15/2017 at 2:33 AM, AirmaxAndy said:

Wow I was on IRC in the early nineties on EFNET - I owe thanks to the supportive community on there when I was coming out. I remember many late nights in front of a text only terminal in the uni library chatting with guys across the world. The primary U.K. university channel was #ukpoofs and we had many Meetup’s and parties all over the uk. There were a lot of chat channels for all kinds of interests and I met some nice and interesting guys in my formative years on line and in real life through IRC. 

I also remember Lintilla which was a multi user text based adventure thing. There were various worlds to explore and the gay one was popular. You could explore and chat to guys and earn points to your profile which unlocked various abilities like being able to lock a room for privacy or kick out a troll. Chat was of the horny one handed typing variety... and led to some sticky situations in the library and computer centre at uni. 

So good to hear about others on the old IRC (Internet Relay Chat) though not sure of the year. I do recall the "Idea" of fucking without condoms and terms we discussed. I liked RAW sex, but some would confuse with wrestling and riding a horse with No Saddle is known as Bareback and that is the term that Most used to describe Raw Fucking & taking a load in your ass.  

First few sites were ok, but not always details. Craigslist could be anything, but sites like bareback dot com, BNskin (closed) & BBcity was great when Kenboi added the "Hook-up Now" section that got other sjtes to increase the chance of a date or fuck.

I will get hits off A4A, & Manhunt but always got more action from BBRT. The truth is that you will find the same people on multiple sites. I have had some say my prodile is too direct on A4A, then you look at my profile on BBRT (BareBack Real Time) and I am looking to get Fucked Bareback and I EXPECT my ass to be filled with Load after Load of CUM from a variety of different types of Men. I love getting fucked raw and pumped full of multiple Loads of CUM.

Guest GoneFishing

bbrt is the best for me and an occasional wild card fuck on craigslist.  i just hit the baths and cut off the games. more efficient to fuck in a bath vs waiting all night for mr wrong. my 2 cents 

On 9/25/2017 at 8:09 PM, Chargedup said:

bbrt is the best for me and an occasional wild card fuck on craigslist.  i just hit the baths and cut off the games. more efficient to fuck in a bath vs waiting all night for mr wrong. my 2 cents 

You are absolutely right! Of course, I usually post a quick connect with my room number on bbrt and check other sites and apps while I'm there.

As a bottom who's relatively new to this scene, I find Grindr is a huge waste of time. Guys just want to see your pics and if you tell them you're not willing to send first they usually get bored quickly. Seems there aren't many that keen on actually meeting and are just wank fantasists! The worst part of Grindr is being blocked, if you're brave enough to show your face, gays can be very superficial. I mean, it's just a fuck at the end of the day.

Sites like fabguys here in the UK are a little better. All my pics are on my profile, except my face,  so someone can just take me or leave me. However, not many guys can accommodate which again makes meeting unrealistic.

In the past 2 months I've discovered the nearest gay sauna and it's been a revelation. Yeah sometimes you seem to spend quite a bit of time wandring the different areas, but I always get at least one fuck, and guys seem quite respectful of your boundaries and if you're not interested in them.

I seem to spend around 4 hours there with at least one or two fucks, sometimes more, so it's statistically better than sitting on an app or website with my dick in my hand having my time wasted all evening, even if I have to invest in petrol and the entry fee. 

• Like 1

Guest SWRider61

Full disclosure: 56, not "hot." shy.  Poz -- and I always put that in any online profile.  I like to play with other Poz guys.

For those of us living in more rural areas, baths aren't always an option. (Nearest bathhouse is 7 hours by car).  For introverts like me, it's difficult to do the bar (singular -- small cities like mine typically have only one or two, and even those are not full).

Actual hookups are rare.  Men either aren't interested at all, or flake at some point.

Relative experiences with tools mentioned follows.  In no particular order:

Scruff:  Ability to identify as Poz and filter a list the same way is a plus. 

Growlr:  Ability to search on Poz guys is nice.  But not as many hits.

BBRT:  Like it in that I can be clear what I am (Poz) and how I want it (raw).  (But then there was this party ad on there that mentioned that lube and condoms would be provided. WTF?)

One of the things I've noticed from "back in the day," that I miss are "group chats," at a local level.  But I assume I don't see them much anymore because people stopped using them and so there was no demand.

My $.02.  YMMV

More guys are into anon. I used to get fucked blindfolded all the time in my old apartment which was easy access ground level. Guys love anon and getting off with no hassle. They just want a hole to breed and be discreet. It’s all about location, location. 

I live in a secured condo that now I have to go down and meet my guests. I missed the days of being ass up, faced down for anon dick and guys just love that these days. Wish I can move back to that set up. I’ll probably get more dick that way. 

• Like 2

Any recommandations to find hot and Horny tops in  norway? 

Ripp my pants off , bend me over and USE my Hole until the cum drips and sievering out , then plow me rough again . . .

I'd love to Get usedvanlig and abused by several hung tops in a rough gangbang too , send me a Message please!

I want your babies?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had more success with apps when I'm not in a big city.  Had zero luck with them in San Francisco (where I used to live) but have had some success when I'm up in the Sierras and now that I live in Reno. There are still many flakes, but it seems there are more guys that are willing to actually hook up. I think part of it might be the paradox of choice, the more choices that are available, the less likely someone is to make a decision and pick one of them.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2017 at 6:40 AM, justsexnowatl said:

I'm in the minority on the voting as of right now.  I voted that it's easier now than a few years ago on all three votes.  I'm one of the PrEP sluts you mention though.  I had been hooking up bb for quite a few years but kind of discreet about it.  A little over 3 years ago I jumped on PrEP and bbrt at the same time.  just before all that I was on grindr and manhunt but always looking for raw sex - too nervous to "out" myself as a barebacker.  So a few years ago I dropped manhunt and grindr and exclusively used bbrt.  My favorite feature was the group party ads, and that feature has kept me hooked on bbrt. It's also the best way to set up 3ways or small groups since you can all see each other's profiles.  I did re-join grindr about a year ago after being off for 2.5 years and found that bb was pretty much the norm at this point.  I was pretty shocked that a few younger guys I've fucked raw with off grindr didn't even know what bbrt was!!!!  bb is pretty much mainstream (in Atlanta anyway), so no special site is needed.  Grindr has been a great source for hotter/younger/eager slut boys into daddys for me.  I've hooked up with a lot of hot (buff but vanilla) suck, fuck and breed guys off there.

I'd say the sleaziest cumdumps I've fucked with have been off CL.  Even over bbrt, I have met plenty of "ass up" pre-bred cumdumps there and some have been fucking hot!

I'd still agree that bbrt is my go to site though for finding the best match and knowing what you're gonna get (top/bttm/ws/toys/pnp etc).  I've been finding myself more and more turned on by the profiles that have "ask me" in every single category, and I don't ask.  A little more mystery and like hooking up in a sex club or bathhouse - no questions asked.  I joined squirt as a free member for a little while.  I'm not a chaser, but I've figured out that the risk is part of the thrill of bb for me, and from what I could tell, there was no category for hiv status on squirt.  I guess if you have to ask, you're not sleazy enough for squirt, which I found pretty hot :)  The fact is, I'll let anyone I'm into fuck and breed me in a sex club or small group, so why even ask when I'm online?

There used to be some site, but I can't remember which now - you could post reviews on the guy.  Rate him 1-5 stars, did he look like his pics, was the profile accurate, would you repeat, etc.  That could be seriously harsh I guess

I joined nastykinkpigs after reading about it here.  I would have been into a lot of the whores there sexually, but I don't party, and I felt like I was the ONLY guy on there not looking to pnp, so I quickly disappeared.

That's a lot of random thoughts about what I like about other sites and apps, but maybe not solid ideas on how to make a better site.  I guess I like a variety depending on my mood.  I have used grindr for last minute (close by) hookups....sometimes only 500 ft away - one ripped 28yo tatted slut was across the street.  Came over instantly, sucked me hard, both dropped our pants, I ate his hole and bred him.  Whole thing was 10 mins and hot as fuck.  bbrt better for full on longer play sessions, groups, setting up ahead, visiting sluts etc.  CL more anon.  Not sure if it would be best to attempt to combine the best from each source or just come up with something different than all the rest for another option 

i am on NKP and dont PnP myself. but expect the bttm to be spun and flying.  I have no problems

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 2:46 PM, Rillion said:

I've had more success with apps when I'm not in a big city.  Had zero luck with them in San Francisco (where I used to live) but have had some success when I'm up in the Sierras and now that I live in Reno. There are still many flakes, but it seems there are more guys that are willing to actually hook up. I think part of it might be the paradox of choice, the more choices that are available, the less likely someone is to make a decision and pick one of them.

Interesting observations. i have some rambling observations that are similar.  i too have found aps to be more successful in remote areas (really remote though). I have hooked from grindr with one guy in 3 years where i live. I was traveling out in the remote parts of Oregon and stopped at a hotel in a tiny town (<5000?) and got 4 or 5 hits on grindr that night. 

It's a challenging prospect (i.e., developing a hookup site), there are so many factors: looks, position, ability to function, fetish/kinks... the list seems endless. Maybe do something like OKCupid, that matches people based on their answers to questions? Sort of a pre filter? If you eliminated or reduced the process of finding a match, that might be a winner?  

I live in a smallish town (pop 50k) that's 10-20 miles from other somewhat larger towns (100k).  When i lived in larger cities (1m+), sex was pretty easy. In larger cities, CL used to be a great hookup site for me. i never posted on M4M, but always on "casual encounters" and am pretty sure that most of my hookups were with closeted guys or Bi guys. So, the population (i.e. "supply") was greater. 

I think it's the old issue of supply and demand. Aps have increased supply, and thereby reduced demand. 

I think the vouching idea is a good one. Or maybe a flake ID? One of the issues we all have is flakes. Maybe have a followup where you could verify that you actually hooked? The problem with having a way to identify flakes and such is that those can be abused by guys who want to knock out the competition. 

In the last year or so, i have pretty much gotten away from the net for hookup. i may go there to get horned up, but not to actually hook. When i want sex i go to the local ABS. I have never left without at least one hookup and usually get 4 or 5 if i hang a couple of hours. I can spend a whole lot more time than that online and get nothing but flakes. I also go to sex clubs, but find that guys are pickier there than at ABS. I attribute that to the population. I think at sex clubs most of the guys are gay, at ABS you get the closeted or Bi guys on their way home from work or looking for a quickie at lunch. At the sex clubs i run into a lot more tops who do not want to cum so they can draw out the experience... edging. 

One last rambling thought. If you could make a site (or section of a site?) that removes the issue of looks, that could do a lot. Maybe even call the hookup site: "The Dark Room."  A lot of us have gotten to a place where we do not care about looks. When i am horny, if you have a cock that works, i want you. I work out, tall slender guy... it's important to me to be as attractive as i can, but I'm a slut and don't care what my top looks like. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1