Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

990 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

As an ex-City Top now living in The Sticks, I've noticed the hook-up site members are more timid than I'm  used-to. The oinks, smiley faces, and "What's up?" messages I get tell me I'll be doing most of the talking and set-up when I already have other options. Most Tops like to be aroused, you won't get your head chopped-off for sending an explicit message. Make your first-contact message count and light a fire, everything hinges on it. Oinks on BBRT just end-up on my "Maybe" list.

Edited by Riverfk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Riverfk said:

As an ex-City Top now living in The Sticks, I've noticed the hook-up site members are more timid than I'm  used-to. The oinks, smiley faces, and "What's up?" messages I get tell me I'll be doing most of the talking and set-up when I already have other options. Most Tops like to be aroused, you won't get your head chopped-off for sending an explicit message. Make your first-contact message count and light a fire, everything hinges on it. Oinks on BBRT just end-up on my "Maybe" list.

These timid bottoms have no business with you.  You need someone like me. 🙂

I’ve been on bbrt since the early 2000s. Early on I had a hook up rate of about 40-50%. This improved and hit its heyday for me around 2010-2014 when I got up to about 80%. Lately it seems there are a lot of guys on there that are just horny at the moment and end up not responding after a few messages. I’m down to about 30-40% again. This may be due to the amount of “curious” guys having increased but I think it also has something to do with me going from top back in the early 2000s to a total cumdump bottom now. I think tops have a generally better success rate than bottoms. Just my 2cents. Would be interested to hear from others who have been using the apps and sites for an extended period of time

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 4:06 AM, hookupnva said:

I’ve been on bbrt since the early 2000s. Early on I had a hook up rate of about 40-50%. This improved and hit its heyday for me around 2010-2014 when I got up to about 80%. Lately it seems there are a lot of guys on there that are just horny at the moment and end up not responding after a few messages. I’m down to about 30-40% again. This may be due to the amount of “curious” guys having increased but I think it also has something to do with me going from top back in the early 2000s to a total cumdump bottom now. I think tops have a generally better success rate than bottoms. Just my 2cents. Would be interested to hear from others who have been using the apps and sites for an extended period of time

Our local BBRT is small and stagnant, 27 members, 3 genuine Tops. It's disappointing to watch new members squander their newness by waiting to be contacted, they'll be staring at each other in silence soon enough. Tops can be busy boys, reach-out and light a fire. These days travelers are a large part of my menu, they have limited time, and know how to make it happen.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 8:23 PM, Kadei said:

Just use Grindr. It's easy if you have a place by yourself. Say you can host and you can usually find a good guy in the area.

I've had tons of luck off Grindr, though it seems like it's becoming more bot oriented.  Taking a break from there for now  as they seem more $ hungry than ever.

On 9/1/2019 at 8:49 AM, Riverfk said:

Share https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/stephen-port-who-were-the-four-men-murdered-by-the-grindr-killer_uk_5d1dfdfae4b04c48140ff65c?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABuTyGFPxbcFJjXWg77wgNkUMxhqZXc89NcQquksh1NF9y0bMKZAePRSqRC9cy8UryfhiyG1b7RMKYhNkfyO--3kQNWWV88B4SqctBvAgHzOMA3NIvtiOH3sGjjl8gL2KOYJMmN8aia_jPaL7uZLw_9XmKYCdsIz5otmA9jqAjlz story of Grindr murders. I am not sure to scary but to make individuals alert and take precautions to what can go wrong with a online hookup.

All takes us a few individuals with hidden reasons to put others on alert. While online sites and apps still be used that need to have steps in place for protection. Also advise to use instinct if something not seem right that leave or be ready to leave.

Again share so others can be aware.

• Like 1

I deleted all my profiles on all the sites.  I have a couple left because I cant remember my password/email to delete it and/or there is no delete option.  I have 2 web site profiles left for that reason and 1 app profile that is disabled.   I had no luck anymore in my area, all twinky bottoms and this bear had no luck.  Its been almost 5 years.

Edited by Bear4Breeding

Deleted my Grindr and Scruff due to a guy at work stalking and gossiping about profiles. Adam4Adam is in life support. Lastly is BBRTS. Have some luck, but I wish their was a way to rate people. We have a town full of guys with “cumdump” in their name, yet are racist, flakes or only looking for 10-10 guys. 

• Like 2

Agreed. I have said before that some way to rate people is a key function to keep the site from getting stagnant. Unfortunately it wouldnt be a trivial thing to make that work.

I think a choice of a few canned responses, after some minimum interaction would be a good start. Then after some number of negative reviews the profile would be automatically deleted.

Also verified pictures would be required, as well as some geographic location, like a zip code. All this stuff would be pretty labor intensive to admin, or labor intensive to code if it was automated.

I hate sites that have only a limited search function. A huge waste of time. The best search i have ever seen is on scatboi.com. im a member there just for the search. I use it to get a fantasy going. Its like "build a hunk". Its that good.

Just a thought...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Prior to online, one word i never used or even applied to gay hook up sex was "flake."  If you're cruising where real people are, flaking just doesn't exist, a guy is either interested or not. Stuff like chatting up then ghosting didn't exist since there was no internet ether to disappear into.  There was no hiding behind ten year old pictures either. 

i spent last week at a gay resort.  A guy actually staying at the resort chatted me up, then ghosted.  i couldn't quite believe i'd been ghosted at a gay resort by a guy who was only a couple of hundred feet from me, i just figured he got distracted or something. The next day he contacts me out of the blue and asks for my room number, i asked if he was coming over and he sent me a screen shot of his location. I gave him my room number and ten minutes later his response is "nice."  Nice? WTF.  i ask again if he is coming, and he tells me he is only looking for a bj, which we had already established. So i replied "i know, are you coming?" He replied: "resting right now."   I wrote back a fairly friendly note asking him not to contact me again and questioning that he might be new at this and afraid, but to lead a person on and then back out that way was called "flaking."   i was pretty shocked. Honestly, who goes to a gay resort then flakes people? i could tell by the gps locater that he was staying there. Just so weird.  That couldn't have happened pool side or in the play areas. 

• Upvote 1

Had a similar experience a few months ago when I was staying at a -mostly- gay hotel. This guy started chatting and things became heated. And he was very close to me so he had to be at the same hotel. I was about to jump into the bathroom to clean out when he disappeared. And blocked me... He had seen my face pic but I hadn't seen his. Whenever I saw a guy going to or coming out of a room close to me I wondered it it was him. But he could have on the floor above or below me. Fucker.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NLbear said:

Had a similar experience a few months ago when I was staying at a -mostly- gay hotel. This guy started chatting and things became heated. And he was very close to me so he had to be at the same hotel. I was about to jump into the bathroom to clean out when he disappeared. And blocked me... He had seen my face pic but I hadn't seen his. Whenever I saw a guy going to or coming out of a room close to me I wondered it it was him. But he could have on the floor above or below me. Fucker.

That kind of behavior is incredibly bizarre to me.  i've tried to figure it out and usually decide it just some closeted guy who is too afraid to actually act on their needs or desires? What really is strange to me is when the go so far as to get you address and then ghost. When at home i've gotten to the point of giving cross streets and having guys text me when they are close, that works pretty well.

But at a gay resort? i would imagine that if you've gotten out of the closet enough to check into a gay resort that you're beyond the fear of hooking up, but maybe not. Idk, but flaking and ghosting doesn't happen when face to face, or even on the other side of a GH lol.  It's a phenomena born out of online space. 

• Upvote 1