Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

989 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

I'm in the minority on the voting as of right now.  I voted that it's easier now than a few years ago on all three votes.  I'm one of the PrEP sluts you mention though.  I had been hooking up bb for quite a few years but kind of discreet about it.  A little over 3 years ago I jumped on PrEP and bbrt at the same time.  just before all that I was on grindr and manhunt but always looking for raw sex - too nervous to "out" myself as a barebacker.  So a few years ago I dropped manhunt and grindr and exclusively used bbrt.  My favorite feature was the group party ads, and that feature has kept me hooked on bbrt. It's also the best way to set up 3ways or small groups since you can all see each other's profiles.  I did re-join grindr about a year ago after being off for 2.5 years and found that bb was pretty much the norm at this point.  I was pretty shocked that a few younger guys I've fucked raw with off grindr didn't even know what bbrt was!!!!  bb is pretty much mainstream (in Atlanta anyway), so no special site is needed.  Grindr has been a great source for hotter/younger/eager slut boys into daddys for me.  I've hooked up with a lot of hot (buff but vanilla) suck, fuck and breed guys off there.

I'd say the sleaziest cumdumps I've fucked with have been off CL.  Even over bbrt, I have met plenty of "ass up" pre-bred cumdumps there and some have been fucking hot!

I'd still agree that bbrt is my go to site though for finding the best match and knowing what you're gonna get (top/bttm/ws/toys/pnp etc).  I've been finding myself more and more turned on by the profiles that have "ask me" in every single category, and I don't ask.  A little more mystery and like hooking up in a sex club or bathhouse - no questions asked.  I joined squirt as a free member for a little while.  I'm not a chaser, but I've figured out that the risk is part of the thrill of bb for me, and from what I could tell, there was no category for hiv status on squirt.  I guess if you have to ask, you're not sleazy enough for squirt, which I found pretty hot :)  The fact is, I'll let anyone I'm into fuck and breed me in a sex club or small group, so why even ask when I'm online?

There used to be some site, but I can't remember which now - you could post reviews on the guy.  Rate him 1-5 stars, did he look like his pics, was the profile accurate, would you repeat, etc.  That could be seriously harsh I guess

I joined nastykinkpigs after reading about it here.  I would have been into a lot of the whores there sexually, but I don't party, and I felt like I was the ONLY guy on there not looking to pnp, so I quickly disappeared.

That's a lot of random thoughts about what I like about other sites and apps, but maybe not solid ideas on how to make a better site.  I guess I like a variety depending on my mood.  I have used grindr for last minute (close by) hookups....sometimes only 500 ft away - one ripped 28yo tatted slut was across the street.  Came over instantly, sucked me hard, both dropped our pants, I ate his hole and bred him.  Whole thing was 10 mins and hot as fuck.  bbrt better for full on longer play sessions, groups, setting up ahead, visiting sluts etc.  CL more anon.  Not sure if it would be best to attempt to combine the best from each source or just come up with something different than all the rest for another option 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 1

You always have the best information. A few years ago I had an opportunity to move to Atlanta with a lover. We were BOTH total whores and really good together. But, after a few months in Atlanta I knew our relationship would be very short lived because the action was too fast and addictive to be there with a lover. So I left to return to a slower more grounded pace, AZ. Lots of action freely obtainable in ATLANTA.  That's a really ? place for SEXUAL SESSION'S. 

sex sites/apps are essential for me though i still get my biggest numbers when at a sex club or the like.  As a devoted sex pig/addict I am on pretty much everything: grindr, growlr, scruff, adam4adam, dudesnude, realjock, asspig, bbrt, nastykinkpigs, jack'd, breedingZone. I have enjoyed easy hookups and constant use as a result. Many don't pan out but I expect that going in. Still the sex is easy to get and I have a good stable of regular cocks to breed me as a result. For me, the apps are great and I do well with them.

• Like 1

While this is an interesting poll/topic, I think we are seeing from the above posts that it really varies from place to place and guy to guy.  Here are my brief thoughts on the different options:

Bars:  I've never been a bar type, not really a big drinker, and I can be fairly shy at times, so this has never been an option for me.  I'll gladly go to a quiet neighborhood bar with friends to grab a drink and talk, but the hookup/dance bars are just not my style at all. 

Bathhouses:  Yes.  I can count on getting off at least 1-2 times, no matter what the crowd or day.  And over the last year or so of going to a bathhouse about once a month, I've only come across someone that wanted to use a condom maybe twice. 

GrindR:  This app can be extremely frustrating at times.  As a 34 year old with a cub type build, many of the younger (and hot) guys that I want to fuck on this app will not give me the time of day, never respond, are rude, etc...  That being said, I've gotten some really good raw ass on there too.  I've just had to learn to accept rejection the right way and learn how to best word my profile and select a pic for the particular crowd on there.

Scruff and Growlr:  In my local area, I don't get much from these apps - hardly any responses to even a simple "hi".  However, when I go to Chicago or Indy, I get more woofs on Scruff and more chatting on Growlr too.  I do like these apps in general, though, as they are more user-friendly than Grindr for sure.

A4A:  It's gotten to the point where I see the same guys, usually 50+ in age, in my local area.  Every once in awhile I'll talk to someone on here, but rarely hookup with anyone.  Again, I think in a bigger city/metro area this can still be a good site.  Plus, they added the safe/bb option in your profile, so it's easier to filter to find bb action.

BBRTS:  I've found in the Indy area this is a lot of talk but little action.  Every once in awhile a traveler will come through and post a quick connect or party ad, and I've heard some of them have good luck in getting multiple guys to show up.  Again, when I go to Chicago, I see a lot more opportunities on BBRTS, but actually connecting in person tends to be problematic sometimes.  It's almost like there's too many choices on there, so people don't commit to anything because they're always looking for someone new/better.

CL:  I've had some good hookups from posting CL ads.  When I get in the mood to suck off married/bi men, I always find them on here in my local area.  Younger bottoms tend to be harder to find on here, and I often get responses from the same guys over and over again (but this is a smaller rural community, so that's to be expected).  What irks me about CL is the fact that people don't seem to read and follow instructions.  If I say "reply with age, stats, and a pic" in my ad, it's amazing how many replies I'll get with none of those listed. 

I have accounts with other sites (NKP, squirt, Fet, etc...) but I generally don't use them as much as I use the ones I listed above. 

In general, location matters a LOT but I think a lot of whether we enjoy a site or not depends on how we're using it and our attitudes about rejection and what kinds of types we're into.  We could argue all day long about which sites are best, but we will never come to an agreement.  :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I travel for my job. I'm all over the USA and Europe. I use a lot of apps and websites. Grindr, Growlr, Scruff, BBRT, Squirt. Of the online stuff, crazy enough, Craigslist is where I have the best success. All apps and websites have their share of flakes, time wasters and pic collectors, but if I'm planning a "cum & dump" party, Craigslist will normally get me the most guys that actually show up. The guys that request an invite on my BBRT sex parties are for the most part, "no show". Grindr seems to be mostly young guys that are not interested in an older bottom like me. 
I guess the best thing I have going is that some of my regular tops have introduced me to or have shared me with their top buddies. So, that seems to bring some new tops into my life. And the place that I normally find my sex partners are at one of the many Adult Bookstore video booths or theaters we have here in Las Vegas. It's instant, without any hassles. I can get 6, 7 or 8 loads in my mouth and ass in a few hours without wasting a lot of time on emails and pic sending. 

Edited by travelingbi
  • Like 1

Personally, I use bbrt.  It's kind of the standard go to site.  Of course there's some flakes on there, but pretty much every hook up site does, but overall for local hook ups it's been the chief site.  I've also had good luck with Nastykinkpigs, but the gps can be a bit screwy as to what is says is in sniffing distance.  For apps, I've tried Grindr, the problem was dealing with the guys that don't bareback.  Tried Jack'd, that was a little better, but still not as bb oriented as it couild be.   It would be nice to have other choices for hookup sites especially one that was a little more HIV/AIDS friendly/accepting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest curiousnegsub

As I've only very recently begun to look for hookups, I can't answer the questions... however, my limited experience tells me that i have to spend a lot of time on there to make sure i find what is needed. Sift through the fakes, and learn to identify them quickly. And try to arrange a meeting early in any conversation. It saves a lot of time that can be wasted with back and forth chat.

I only use the PlanetRomeo site. I tried bbrt but quickly found out there are hardly any members around where I live. I did get some hookups from bearwww when I travelled to vacation destinations (but those are mostly not bb). Same on Squirt. Local guys on Squirt all seem to be 18 yo bottoms or so. I do check Gaydar from time to time but not much going on there. On PlanetRomeo you can also see "friends" and guys can leave comments. That is not widely used but if there are you do get an idea of which type of guy they have hooked up with. Unfortunately they now have changed the layout of the site to match the one used on the app. I find it more difficult to navigate and don't find it an improvement.

4 hours ago, DadP said:

Personally, I use bbrt.  It's kind of the standard go to site.  Of course there's some flakes on there, but pretty much every hook up site does, but overall for local hook ups it's been the chief site.  I've also had good luck with Nastykinkpigs, but the gps can be a bit screwy as to what is says is in sniffing distance.  For apps, I've tried Grindr, the problem was dealing with the guys that don't bareback.  Tried Jack'd, that was a little better, but still not as bb oriented as it couild be.   It would be nice to have other choices for hookup sites especially one that was a little more HIV/AIDS friendly/accepting.

oh hell yes!!!!!  here's my bbrt NOW ;-)    craigslist gets stupid but what 'evs ;-)

HikerFucker
Portland,
Oregon,
United States

Don't Care 338 Minutes Versatile Top

my nuttsacks are plump and full and wanna bounce and dance like pogo ;-) nothing better than flipping back and forth hard deep and breed w/purpose. can host DT

BBRT NUMBER #1.  NKP GOOD BUT LIMITED.  A4A WORKABLE WITH PARTY AD SOMETIMES.  GRINDR IS TOTALLY STUPID.  CRAIGSLIST IS FOR LOCATING YOUR CURRENT BORED LAW ENFORCEMENT AND BIBLE THUMPERS WITH LOW I.Q. ET AL AND GOOD LAUGHS.   I AM IN LOVE WITH TUMBLR BUT STILL LEARNING.  PAID POZ DATING SITES UNNAMED NEED COMPETITION! 

MY PDX IS THE BOMB!  HAWKS BATHHOUSE IS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF MY HOME BUT LONG TIME SINCE THERE.

LOVE TOXXXICTUBE AND T.I.M. ... HOWEVER

PASSWORD RESET AND SUPPORT FOR TREASURE ISLAND MEDIA NEEDS PDX FOLKS.  PORTLANDERS ARE THE BEST AT 'TECH' PHONE MONKEY AND CUSTOMER SUPPT WORK ON THE EARTH.  NOPE I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE GOOD PHONE FOR CHEAP AGAIN. 

GONNA CHANGE UP MY WAY OF RESPONDING HERE

9 hours ago, SIReast said:

I used to use irc. is it still active?

which server and rooms you frequent in? dm me.

I was on irc when in college. That was the late 1990s. Someonet old me recently that it is still in use, but primarily by the government, gamer chat, etc.

All sites and apps have time wasters and flakes and just odd people. No way around that, it is just like a gay bar. i live in boystown so Grindr occasionally works, I always tell them up front that I"m BB only, although I can't put that in my profile. There's some nut nearby that enjoys flagging profiles that mention BB. Admittedly, a lot of the guys I meet on Grindr are just looking to either suck or get sucked, and depending on my mood, that's ok. 

BBRT has been hit or miss every time since I've been on it starting in 2011. Because it isn't as well known, there are fewer guys on there and in a city as big as Chicago, they can be quite far away. I get increasingly annoyed with too many ask me's in the profile. At least I know the sex will be BB and no one there is going to lecture me.

Scruff tends to be the best app as there are very few 25 year olds that are only looking for twinks. It's main annoyance is that you can't go back to read the whole conversation. While I don't usually have long chats on there for a hookup, i'm occassionally on there at work and setting up something for later. If the guy and I end up chatting for a bit, then I can't go back and read the first part where he tells me what hotel he's at 

• Upvote 1