Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

989 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

I prefer to use just the websites the apps are ok my biggest issue with using the hookup apps is I really don't like someone knowing my exact gps location if I'm interested and agree to meet then sure Ill give you my addy and we can play. But if you seem off or I tell you not interested really prefer my exact location to be anonymous.

Guest Dickmagnet
On 3/17/2018 at 2:54 PM, SirPhilippe said:

What happened to hook up site bareback city? It's about the only one I know but can't find it online no more:(

As far as i know barebackcity is dead, i think sort of the replacement has become barebackrt but again a lot of flakes online there too. Online dating is not easy anymore like it was 10 years or more ago. I tend to agree to other comments posted, there are just too many dating apps. It's a pity someone a brainchild does not migrate all dating apps in to one so you could be a member of one & all - thus being a member everywhere that might make it a lot easier. I really don't understand why someone has not been creative enough thinking about it something like trivago for dating would be great & easier all round i know i would join pronto.

Guest Dickmagnet
Just now, Dickmagnet said:

As far as i know barebackcity is dead, i think sort of the replacement has become barebackrt but again a lot of flakes online there too. Online dating is not easy anymore like it was 10 years or more ago. I tend to agree to other comments posted, there are just too many dating apps. It's a pity someone a brainchild does not migrate all dating apps in to one so you could be a member of one & all - thus being a member everywhere that might make it a lot easier. I really don't understand why someone has not been creative enough thinking about it something like trivago for dating would be great & easier all round i know i would join pronto.

Yes they do it for booking a hotel or renting a car etc why not for the GAYS & BI's too.

• 1 month later...
Guest FinalDL2021
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 12:03 AM, jeff238 said:

Apps, in my experience are a complete waste. There is always one parameter you don't meet.

I used to have great luck on gay.com and a4a years ago, but no more.

Face to face ie: baths, bars, abs is the only thing I will invest time in. I have deleted all the apps.

In my opinion, the only thing that could salvage the app arena is some kind of feedback system, so you know, from a 3rd party, what the guy is all about. That would also take care of the invite only or other ways of "screening" posts.

My biggest pet peeve is all the fake shit. Close up pics that show 2sq inches of skin, pics that are 20 years old, etc. A feed back system would take care of all that.

The downside, obviously, would be trolls. Perhaps, you couldn't leave feedback till you had a minimum number of feedbacks on you.

I really miss the chat aspect of the original gay.com. it was by far the best site I have ever used. The various rooms were awsome, where like minded people could get together. The first time I logged on to gay.com, I was out on a hookup within 20 minutes, and I live far from any city. Nothing has come close since.

Just my 2 shekels... good luck.

I used to use the original Gay.com, they had great chat rooms, I met a lot of guys in the chats as well. that chat room action would be great in Breeding zone.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, BiTakenItBare said:

I used to use the original Gay.com, they had great chat rooms, I met a lot of guys in the chats as well. that chat room action would be great in Breeding zone.

My god.  Gay.com used to be great.  It faded a little bit, but when they killed the chat, it was the end.   Not even worth the time to log in.

• Like 1

Today, my Grindr account was suspended for s violation of their guidelines and/or terms of use. As near as I can tell, this is because I inadvertently attempted to use the word “cock” in a ptofile edit. Note that Grindr’s own system flagged the violation when I attempted to save the change and alerted me that it was not an acceptable word. I immediately substituted a non-offending word, and the system then accepted the change.

My point: An application patently to make it possible for gay men to hook up has banned from its profiles one of probably the ten (perhaps even five) most common words in the gay lexicon.

What are we to make of this? Doublelist has similarly sanitized its acceptable languaage using filters that they say they cannot explain because it would aid hackers. Well, evidently they want to ensure their site is only used for personals between lovelorn souls seeking a fourth for bridge. (Yes, they have declined three of my ads so far for mystical reasons.)

I don’t know what the answer to this is, but I’m pretty sure the solution isn’t lists of no-no words.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE - A Grindr staff member responded to my inquiry (*shock*) and explained that I had offended Grindrdom by the following language in my profile:

”I am only ‘generous’ with my ass. You can have as much of that as you want.”

Evidently, that could be construed as solicitation. Never mind the fact that the entire reason I wrote it was to preempt the all the nitwits who seem to think I might be willing to make it “worth their while” to fuck me.

On the plus side, I did finally get an ad to post on Doublelist! Huzzah!

...Didn’t get a single response. I didn’t blame them. There was almost no way of telling what I was actually offering. If anyone is successful getting the sense of “cumdump” across there, I’d love to know how...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dickmagnet
On 7/14/2018 at 4:56 AM, 408curious said:

My god.  Gay.com used to be great.  It faded a little bit, but when they killed the chat, it was the end.   Not even worth the time to log in.

I remember this well, excellent !

On 8/2/2018 at 6:50 AM, ErosWired said:

Didn’t get a single response. I didn’t blame them. There was almost no way of telling what I was actually offering. If anyone is successful getting the sense of “cumdump” across there, I’d love to know how...

Try : No loads refused or no holes barred or something along those lines.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2018 at 12:50 AM, ErosWired said:

UPDATE - A Grindr staff member responded to my inquiry (*shock*) and explained that I had offended Grindrdom by the following language in my profile:

”I am only ‘generous’ with my ass. You can have as much of that as you want.”

Evidently, that could be construed as solicitation. Never mind the fact that the entire reason I wrote it was to preempt the all the nitwits who seem to think I might be willing to make it “worth their while” to fuck me.

On the plus side, I did finally get an ad to post on Doublelist! Huzzah!

...Didn’t get a single response. I didn’t blame them. There was almost no way of telling what I was actually offering. If anyone is successful getting the sense of “cumdump” across there, I’d love to know how...

I can actually see where the Grindr person could mistake your ad for solicitation.  With the government cracking down on sites like Grindr, I completely understand why they'd want to be careful. 

Guest daddyloadny

Online doesn't work for me.  All these websites are for the young, beautiful and photogenic.

Cruising used to be an art, the whole exciting, adrenaline rushing anticipation of who will be hanging around your cruising areas. It's completely lost in this day and age.

When I want to get off I go to the rest areas, truck stops, baths, bookstores and theatres. (Yes the Fair Theatre in Queens NY is still one of my favorite places to get off.) Always -Always shoot at least two loads there.

I feel bad for the younger guys who came of age with online hookups and never knew what it was like to go cruising.

When I was in my teens I used to go the public library and read the current issue of the Village Voice. In the back classified section were these thumbnail ads for the many theatres and book stores on Christopher St. and surrounding areas. It was then when I learned of the Adonis, Westworld, Mt. Morris Baths. Spike, Anvil, Ramrods...Oh the good old days...

The one thing I'd like to add to all this is how strange I find it that given how many gay men have strong feelings about facial hair - for or against - how few hookup sites/apps include it in their multiple-choice standard profile section. As someone for whom face fur is a requirement for me to find someone attractive... this would be nice. And if there's a question about smoking - how about options for cigars/pipes and not just presume that everyone who smokes, smokes cigarettes?

I'm all for the idea of a site where an account is limited in some significant way until the user posts a photo; if they post a FACE photo (not necessarily as their main one, but freely visible on their profile, not a "private" photo), they get extra features unlocked. And if they skip over/don't answer too much of the profile (like with BBRT's damned "ask me/ask me/ask me/ask me/ask me") - the system will simply refuse to post the profile at all. What's the fucking POINT of building a multiple-choice profile system and then letting people skate on filling it out? I have no problem with fairly extensive profiles - what might be an irrelevant question to me might be on target for someone else's fetish. (For example - I want to know about facial and body hair; someone else might have a thing about height or some other attribute.)

• 1 month later...
Guest Dickmagnet
On 9/24/2018 at 8:49 PM, DirtyBruin said:

I'm all for the idea of a site where an account is limited in some significant way until the user posts a photo; if they post a FACE photo (not necessarily as their main one, but freely visible on their profile, not a "private" photo), they get extra features unlocked. And if they skip over/don't answer too much of the profile (like with BBRT's damned "ask me/ask me/ask me/ask me/ask me") - the system will simply refuse to post the profile at all. What's the fucking POINT of building a multiple-choice profile system and then letting people skate on filling it out? I have no problem with fairly extensive profiles - what might be an irrelevant question to me might be on target for someone else's fetish. (For example - I want to know about facial and body hair; someone else might have a thing about height or some other attribute.)

Well some people just cannot post there face profile for obvious work related issues i know plenty of guys who re in the army, police forces etc so they can never post a face pic for the whole world to recognise. Pity that owners of these sites don't seem to get that & it just goes over there head a little bit like any kind of imagination too.

I agree with the remark that requiring pictures is daft.  It should be obvious to anyone that there isn't a picture and just obvious what the solution was.   If they refuse even then,  its still your choice.    For me, I don't see any harm in meeting.  You're bound to see what they look like then and it's always going to be actual looks, not the pictures that matter.  Only once have I thought that appearances were the reason for there being no clear photo. The guy was a thalidomide victim.  I admit I would have been unlikely to admit if I'd first seen a picture.  I'll admit too that it worked - by which I don't just mean that we met.

As for facial hair, I am probably one of those with the strong views. The answer seems the same. I can't imagine trying to compromise by saying at least whether he had a beard - although I am now tempted, just for a laugh.Scouring the profile for the beards and moustaches and hoping its accurate fails for the same reason.   It's the actual look overall that matters - mingers might tick all the right boxes and yes, I will admit it, others look good and have beards. 

On 9/20/2018 at 7:25 PM, daddyloadny said:

Online doesn't work for me.  All these websites are for the young, beautiful and photogenic.

I have never been beautiful and photogenic and I'm definitely not young.   They aren't lining up at my door, but I usually manage to get at least one hookup when I'm online.