Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

989 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

I am on BBRT, Squirt and A4A and I’ve not had much success on any of them. I had tremendous success on CL and minor success on doublelist. I believe  it’s mostly age related. As frustrating and unnecessary as it is, I look at it as part of the game. I know that once someone tries me, they will ask for a return visit. I have been on a search for poz ud and only found one who invited me over. I get a sense of reluctance from him which is a bummer for both of us. I have another than I have been chatting hot n heavy with, but I have not been invited over. I have patience and I don’t get put out over it. It will happen....eventually.

Guest apollobchbttm

I usually have no problem finding a top on bbrt. However I been a regular user over the last 7 years and have been recognize as a reliable bottom. My skill as a bottom along with my willingness to please has boosted my reputation on the app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve tried a ton and so far I’d say Grindr, BBRT, and Adam are the best. I get lots of DL guys and pump-and-dumps off Grindr, a lot of regulars off BBRT, and Adam has a really decent functionality with the free version so I can filter for tops, bareback, etc. and get some really good guys.

I've given up.  It's like looking at mannequins in a store window. Scruff, bbrt, ect.  The endless chats, the who can and cannot host.  I miss the baths and bars.  I live in New England (death bed was invented here) and really miss living on the West Coast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don’t party at all.  BBRTS seems have a lot of guys who are looking more for free party favors than sex. At least it seems that way in my location.  

A4A seems populated by guys without pics, masseurs, sex workers, etc.   Manhunt has been on life support for at least ten years. Pull the plug already. 

Grindr and bbrts work best. I don't like trading numbers so much too many weird flakes and over the years have a nice network of friends on bbrts.

When our of town Grindr rules. 

• 1 month later...
Guest NSAFUCKBUD

I have been on A4A, Squirt and BBRT.  

Squirt is the worst as far as hooking up goes but a great resource for finding out about the bathhouses and sex clubs.  I prefer to hook up at a bathhouse or sex club.  My favorites are Flex in LA, Slammer in LA/Florida and Steamworks in Berkeley.

A4A has been decent when it comes to hooking up with men.  I have some regular fuck buddies who I now see on a regular basis.

I just joined on BBRT and have been inundated with hits.  The first guy I hooked up with actually looked as hot as his pictures, and no joke, we fucked for almost 2 1/2 hours.  We both blew our loads twice.  I seeded his muscular, tight ass and had a helluva time.

I plan on starting PREP in the next couple of weeks and see how that works out.  Up until recently, I have pretty much insisted on condoms, but that is about to change.

Guest NSAFUCKBUD
On 9/7/2017 at 10:03 PM, jeff238 said:

Apps, in my experience are a complete waste. There is always one parameter you don't meet.

I used to have great luck on gay.com and a4a years ago, but no more.

Face to face ie: baths, bars, abs is the only thing I will invest time in. I have deleted all the apps.

In my opinion, the only thing that could salvage the app arena is some kind of feedback system, so you know, from a 3rd party, what the guy is all about. That would also take care of the invite only or other ways of "screening" posts.

My biggest pet peeve is all the fake shit. Close up pics that show 2sq inches of skin, pics that are 20 years old, etc. A feed back system would take care of all that.

The downside, obviously, would be trolls. Perhaps, you couldn't leave feedback till you had a minimum number of feedbacks on you.

I really miss the chat aspect of the original gay.com. it was by far the best site I have ever used. The various rooms were awsome, where like minded people could get together. The first time I logged on to gay.com, I was out on a hookup within 20 minutes, and I live far from any city. Nothing has come close since.

Just my 2 shekels... good luck.

What frustrates the hell out of me is when a guy doesn’t look at all like his pictures.  This happened to me on Monday.  The guys was At least 20 years older that hIs age and picture.  He was out of shape and and at least 40 pounds more than his pics.  

That's a real problem with guys who only have one pici.. generally it's lifted from some other web site. Thus I am very suspicious (and would good reason) of anyone with just one pici..

What is more irritating.. 2 years ago I believed a guy on another site (wont name it).. no picis..the descriptions was 6 ft 1, slim build 25 years passive/vers..supposedly affectionate etc... turns out to be 35+ , 5ft 9", at least 14 stone, and basically repulsive... it has made me very suspicious of all advertisers... unfortunately.... as I am sure that there are a lot of sincere guys out there....

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, norcalraw said:

I wish Craigslist came back. That was always the easiest way to hookup.  A4A can be pretty good depending on location. BBRT works good for me. Grindr is so so, works good in LA. 

Just signed up for A4A and surprised by how it is more efficient than Grindr. 

I'm in San Francisco.