Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

989 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

• Moderators

Out here in the rural area I live in, it's really difficult. It's almost always the same few faces, and either we've met or we've given one another the brush-off, so if I haven't made any longer term FBs, I'm SOL. I suspect it's better in cities, but haven't lived in one for six years, so I'm not sure.

In general, I have not seen one single hookup app that does anything like a good job of solving the problem of time and space - in order for a hookup to happen, the people need to be in the same place at the same time, and none of the apps are optimized for doing that. It's even worse for guys who are traveling, and trying to put together a hook-up on the road. Which is a bummer, because IMO that's one of the best times to have a hook-up. If I'm driving 2-4 hours (or more) to get to another place in the region, stopping for half hour to have a play date is totally convenient.

If you're interested in some assistance with coming up with some potential solutions for these problems, I'd be interested in putting some effort into it, so PM me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

Out here in the rural area I live in, it's really difficult. It's almost always the same few faces, and either we've met or we've given one another the brush-off, so if I haven't made any longer term FBs, I'm SOL. I suspect it's better in cities, but haven't lived in one for six years, so I'm not sure.

In general, I have not seen one single hookup app that does anything like a good job of solving the problem of time and space - in order for a hookup to happen, the people need to be in the same place at the same time, and none of the apps are optimized for doing that. It's even worse for guys who are traveling, and trying to put together a hook-up on the road. Which is a bummer, because IMO that's one of the best times to have a hook-up. If I'm driving 2-4 hours (or more) to get to another place in the region, stopping for half hour to have a play date is totally convenient.

If you're interested in some assistance with coming up with some potential solutions for these problems, I'd be interested in putting some effort into it, so PM me.

Agree with this. Working from home means I am in the chiltern hills, outside of London.  As Viking says you see the same ten or twelve faces on all the apps and after a few years it's either happened or it'll never happen. 

When I got bored and horny, I took to Grindr fishing, where you drive to another town/city,  park up and see who's near. Had a couple of memorable fucks doing that. As more and more people live in shared accommodation most are on the look out for guys who can 'accom' so that's can be an issue unless you do a cheap Travelodge or something. 

So I completely agree, the time/space issue that @Viking8x6 mentions is often the issue. Some apps attempt to solve this by allowing you to virtually travel to another area to make contact and plan ahead, but this is suboptimal because:

• If you arrange a meet 'right now' there's a 50% chance it'll work out
  • If you arrange a meet for 1-2 hours time there's a 20% chance it'll work out. 
  • If you arrange a meet for 2-12 hours time there's a 10% chance it'll work out.
  • If you arrange a meet for 12-48 hours time there's a 5% chance it'll work out.
  • >48 hours and it's <1%

So for me the answer is (or was pre-covid) the saunas, bars and clubs. Because of Covid these are mostly closed in the UK and some permanently closed. So a rediscovery of Hampstead Heath has happened this year, and I've had good fun up there.

Now the infection rates are up again and total lockdown starts in a few days, most guys are using the apps for window shopping and wanking. 

• Upvote 1

Guest CumLvr80

I find it odd when reading profiles the number of guys actually looking for love at a hookup site. Especially tops. I mean, as a bottom, I can understand "falling in love" with the dick of the top feeding it to you on the reg --- no matter how delusional that may be --- but, a top hoping to find a meaningful LTR at an online site used primarily for pump-and-dumps? Yikes!!!

Edited by CumLvr80

• Moderators
12 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

So I completely agree, the time/space issue that @Viking8x6 mentions is often the issue. Some apps attempt to solve this by allowing you to virtually travel to another area to make contact and plan ahead, but this is suboptimal because:

• If you arrange a meet 'right now' there's a 50% chance it'll work out
  • If you arrange a meet for 1-2 hours time there's a 20% chance it'll work out. 
  • If you arrange a meet for 2-12 hours time there's a 10% chance it'll work out.
  • If you arrange a meet for 12-48 hours time there's a 5% chance it'll work out.
  • >48 hours and it's <1%

Agree with this 100%

It sucks for me because I live in a town with around 25000 people an hour away from two larger cities (around 150,000 and 450,000). Guys from the larger cities (and there are so many more there) want to hookup, but I usually am not in a position to jump in the car and drive for an hour especially to meet someone I don't know or have any reason to trust to not flake. 

15 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Hello Viking I have had good luck in my area with squirt.org and I live in a rural area you can try that out

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with the comments about rural areas. I live in a small rural town. Going to a real city is a planned trip. I primarily use the hookup web sites as a means of finding chatter about physical places where guys are hanging out, so I can then scope them out myself. It works to a point, but there are a lot of dry periods!

As for actually answering an ad, the person on the other end usually turns out to be a thrill-seeking flake that gets all horny and turned on that someone actually talked to them, then they disappear when the time to meet comes up.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to remain fairly easy to find hookups, although I wonder whether any have had luck with more than just hookups.  I seem to continue to wish I had done more with sex than almost anything else I can think of, but it's been a bit of a struggle finding like minded guys who are interested in pushing the envelope a bit more.  There seem to be plenty of guys who like to shoot a load every now and then, but it seems a bit harder finding those who really put serious time into sex every day, into getting beyond feeling guilty and ashamed, who really get into servicing and being serviced, very regularly, and even more regularly.  I have found plenty more big dicks, interested in shooting one or two times a week, than I have found guys with real sexual stamina.  Maybe I'm in the minority there...

i was on bbrt for a long time, met quit a few men. i have not met any one on other sites. i hope you are just like bbrt, lots of men to be bare backed by. im not sure why it is the best bare back hook up site. i will be useing your new site. i hope it is very succesfull

• 4 weeks later...

For me the apps work a little, Squirt, BBRT, A4A, Double list. Craigs list use to be great for anon loads. All the sites seem to have more guys wanting bareback. A lot of the the guys that advertise safe will gladly go raw if asked. A couple years Beftore the pandemic I saw a drop in hookups, I am not sure if it is less guys playing or if it is because I am older and guys want younger or twinks. I think it is more of an age thing, but what can I tell them except, what comes around goes around. They will be older some day. 

I forgot, AssPig, i have had a little luck but those connections are more for kinky ass play than breeding, 

Surprised to see that most guys say to these days it's harder to find a hook up then years ago. In my experience everyone (like 80% in the London) fucks bareback these days. So it's MUCH easier. 

I go leaking throughout the week #noloadrefused. 

On 12/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, Hotrawbutt4u said:

For me the apps work a little, Squirt, BBRT, A4A, Double list. Craigs list use to be great for anon loads. All the sites seem to have more guys wanting bareback. A lot of the the guys that advertise safe will gladly go raw if asked. A couple years Beftore the pandemic I saw a drop in hookups, I am not sure if it is less guys playing or if it is because I am older and guys want younger or twinks. I think it is more of an age thing, but what can I tell them except, what comes around goes around. They will be older some day. 

I forgot, AssPig, i have had a little luck but those connections are more for kinky ass play than breeding, 

The pandemic aside, I haven't been hooking up as much simply because sites like A4A and Grindr are overrun by bots and spam accounts. I haven't run into too much on BBRT, but that site generally has a lower response rate than others anyway.

I find grindr works well but it depends on location . Some geographical areas are more proactive than others. I have also found that grindr allows to me seek tops that more suit my interests in raw and breeding. Yes you get the time wasters but overall it has been positive in terms of successful hookups. After that is saunas and cruising for me.