Are there other bottoms that like bare but not wanting pozzed?

Dex

excuse me but I read a lot of hypocrisy in this post. Every gay man who is under 40 years old here has lived in the days of the AIDS pandemic, therefore we know (we all know) that the condom is one of the first protections against the virus and other sexually transmitted infections. So why say you like bareback but don't want to get sick? This contradiction seems stupid to me, even from those who believe that PreP will save their lives, or PreP is a sexual liberating mechanism. Whoever assumes Bareback, assumes that at any moment he will be infected with gono, sif, hep, or hiv, there is no way to avoid it (well yes, in a serious monogamic relationship, without infidelities), but come on, we leave the hypocrisy, the majority here we are promiscuous and we love lust, we even have open relationships, polygamic relationships, swigers, which are also another form of promiscuity (somewhat controlled). I don't consider myself a bugchaser, but when you're in Bareback and you're not taking Prep you know you're on your way to conversion, it happens or it happens somehow. On the other hand, I do not discriminate against anyone, I have had friends with HIV who do not seek to infect others and I respect them, but I would have sex with them without problems because they are also human and have the same carnal desires as someone healthy.

Edited by manux32ccs
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

I am neg but love being fucked raw and I love guys coming inside me. I know I am taking risks but usually stick with a regular group of tops. Occasionally like the slut I am I go with a random hook up and if he presses his cock against my hole I take it . I don’t ask for condoms and I don’t discuss status.  I don’t want to be poz but I accept that it may happen one day. I guess my preference is for raw sex and for taking loads. That’s is just my thing. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, StockingsBB said:

I am neg but love being fucked raw and I love guys coming inside me. I know I am taking risks but usually stick with a regular group of tops. Occasionally like the slut I am I go with a random hook up and if he presses his cock against my hole I take it . I don’t ask for condoms and I don’t discuss status.  I don’t want to be poz but I accept that it may happen one day. I guess my preference is for raw sex and for taking loads. That’s is just my thing. 

Broken record here, but... GO ON PREP.

If you want to have raw sex and you don't want to be poz, that's exactly what PrEP is for. Anyone who has access (and I understand it's covered under the NHS), and who isn't one of the few who have serious side effects, should be on PrEP if he's having bare sex. Period.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 9:58 PM, BootmanLA said:

Broken record here, but... GO ON PREP.

If you want to have raw sex and you don't want to be poz, that's exactly what PrEP is for. Anyone who has access (and I understand it's covered under the NHS), and who isn't one of the few who have serious side effects, should be on PrEP if he's having bare sex. Period.

I'm actually at that turning point. I recently visited the health clinic and was advised that with the amount of unprotected sex I was having, it would be best to consider PrEP.

I've always like the natural feeling of raw dick either being thrust in a guy or being forced in me. So in order to have that I'll have to start taking PrEP and I'm worried. I'm worried about potential side effects, about losing the thrill and therefore the drive to even have sex.

It's a big thing to commit to taking every day and I don't know if I'm there mentally.

3 hours ago, BPS0209 said:

I'm actually at that turning point. I recently visited the health clinic and was advised that with the amount of unprotected sex I was having, it would be best to consider PrEP.

I've always like the natural feeling of raw dick either being thrust in a guy or being forced in me. So in order to have that I'll have to start taking PrEP and I'm worried. I'm worried about potential side effects, about losing the thrill and therefore the drive to even have sex.

It's a big thing to commit to taking every day and I don't know if I'm there mentally.

I simply do not comprehend how taking a pill once a day "loses the thrill" of sex. Unless you view sex as something that's not worthwhile unless you're taking your life into your hands when you have it (in which case I advise therapy, lots of it, and soon), PrEP should be a no-brainer. 

I can grasp how, before PrEP, some guys were worried about unprotected sex to the point that they lost interest due to the worrying. But the whole fucking POINT of PrEP is so that you don't have to worry - you can have bareback sex without the fear that your next encounter is going to make you positive and sentence you to a lifetime of treatment.

NOTHING about PrEP takes away from the "natural feeling of raw dick either being thrust in a guy or being forced in [you]". Nothing. Unless, again, you equate "raw" with "potential carrier of a fatal-if-untreated-disease". 

Yes, there are people who have side effects from PrEP. Most of those are mild, and for others, there are often other medications you can take in addition to reduce those effects. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BPS0209 said:

There is not much to lose from trying PrEP.

If it has side effects, make your decision about continuing then. 
If it kills the thrill for you, make your decision about continuing then. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I simply do not comprehend how taking a pill once a day "loses the thrill" of sex. Unless you view sex as something that's not worthwhile unless you're taking your life into your hands when you have it (in which case I advise therapy, lots of it, and soon), PrEP should be a no-brainer. 

I can grasp how, before PrEP, some guys were worried about unprotected sex to the point that they lost interest due to the worrying. But the whole fucking POINT of PrEP is so that you don't have to worry - you can have bareback sex without the fear that your next encounter is going to make you positive and sentence you to a lifetime of treatment.

NOTHING about PrEP takes away from the "natural feeling of raw dick either being thrust in a guy or being forced in [you]". Nothing. Unless, again, you equate "raw" with "potential carrier of a fatal-if-untreated-disease". 

Yes, there are people who have side effects from PrEP. Most of those are mild, and for others, there are often other medications you can take in addition to reduce those effects. 

I may have come across in a manner in which I did not intend to.

The thrill of sex comes from spontaneity and not prepping in any way but simply just doing. I guess douching is a form of prepping which is obviously necessary for when I bottom but it isn't the same as taking a pill each day.

I do understand the risks I take when I BB which many men took for years before PrEP was available and turned out to be damn lucky. I will start using PrEP at some point in the coming month as I want to carry on having poz free sex.

It's more the psychology behind taking a pill each day. Right now, I'm in my 20s and don't need to take any drugs for my health and want to keep it that way until at least the age of 40. 

My previous post and this are in no way insinuating that I want to be poz or that I'm secretly a bug chaser. I'm just worried. I've had therapy previously due to overthinking before, during and after sex so yes, I'd like to constructively discuss the use of PrEP so that having to take it doesn't put me off having regular, fun sex.

I hope this conversation to be supportive and encouraging.

10 hours ago, BPS0209 said:

been on PrEP for a few years now. I take it before I go to bed Its easy. I enjoy lots of bb sex and don't have to think about it or worry.  I'm not interested in getting HIV.  I love the freedom.  And no side effects.  Just my thought.

• Like 1

I started out not wanting to get pozzed then it happened somewhere in the last 7 years and haven't looked back. I'm happy being poz. had only become a chaser in the last 3 years and didn't even know I was already pozzed up. Such is life

Edited by PupLucca

10 hours ago, BPS0209 said:

It's more the psychology behind taking a pill each day. Right now, I'm in my 20s and don't need to take any drugs for my health and want to keep it that way until at least the age of 40. 

But that's just it: RIGHT NOW, you need to take a drug for your health, to preserve your HIV-negative status. It's that simple. 

People who routinely have bareback sex, particularly bottoms who have multiple partners, are at significantly elevated risk for contracting HIV. That's a fact. PrEP is a means of managing that risk. There's no guarantee that without PrEP you'll become poz, but it's not a negligible chance, either. It's substantial.

Think of it like diabetes. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes, and ignored it for a while. At one point, my A1C (a measure of long-term blood sugar activity, not a "snapshot" of where it is right this minute) had spiked into the 9+ range - well into the diabetic range, and my doctor put me on medication to treat it. He also strongly advised that I adjust my diet to reduce my carb and sugar intake, which I did.

As a result, my A1C level has for years been well in the "normal" range, and he's reduced my medication significantly with no ill effects. It's now more of a preventative, rather than a treatment, to keep my system in line. And because I'm managing it with my diet as well, he's been able to switch me to a medication that is much more "friendly" to my kidneys, etc.

I get that you'd rather you were an invincible 20-something who doesn't need medication for anything. But the reality is that you do. And the sooner you come to grips with that, the healthier overall you'll be. 

As others have noted: If you take it daily, think of it like a multivitamin. In fact, if it helps, take a multivitamin along with it, and just think of them together as your vitamins. They're insurance for keeping you healthy. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Guest CumLvr80
12 hours ago, cumseeker said:

I don’t want to be posted, but I do like the feeling of hot cum filling my hole.  I just don’t take raw loads very often.

I don't want the bug either. But, I DO have these insatiable desires to be barebacked and pumped full of cum. It's happened but a handful of times in my life, and I've been fortunate so far. But, I know it's playing with fire. Being bred is all I think about these days. It's just a matter of actually making it happen.