Chaps. How did they come about for Sex

freshxtop5

I am pretty young when it comes to how stuff came about in the community, but I have always had a fetish for a guy in leather chaps or chaps in general. Even as far as making my own jean chaps. So my question is how did chaps come into play for sex in our community? 

Good question. I have wondered myself. Easy to see why they became popular (open back and front) but also asked myself how they went from something that was worn by cowboys to protect their jeans to something used in (mostly) leather sex and when that started? Probably in the 60s?

I agree with theplayerking--gay men have always been attracted to hyper masculinity.  Think Tom of Finland drawings in the 1950’s and 60’s—he chose policeman, military, bikers, construction guys etc.  They were basically the same archtypes that the Village People chose (in parody) later. 

Chaps were also made incredibly sexy with Marlon Brando’s 1953 biker movie The Wild One.  It’s just an easy step to get rid of the denim under the chaps….

1 hour ago, FelchingPisser said:

I agree with theplayerking--gay men have always been attracted to hyper masculinity.  Think Tom of Finland drawings in the 1950’s and 60’s—he chose policeman, military, bikers, construction guys etc.  They were basically the same archtypes that the Village People chose (in parody) later. 

Chaps were also made incredibly sexy with Marlon Brando’s 1953 biker movie The Wild One.  It’s just an easy step to get rid of the denim under the chaps….

They are incredibly sexy!