Shopping for a sling

sweetbitch

I’m starting a new topic because I couldn’t find what I was looking for when I searched.

I’ve been browsing leather slings online, and there are basically two designs.  One is a solid leather panel to lie on, and the other is a series of leather strips loosely woven but sewn or riveted together.  All manufacturers and dealers have their own variations of the two, but which one is preferred by guys who use them? I don’t think I’ve ever seen or tried the second type.

Guest Dickmagnet

I have read somewhere else on this forum you also have 2 types as is also a model that is portable by the advice given from previous members here go for a portable model but solid with tubular steel supports for stability i read somewhere here that fort troff has a really sturdy one.

On 10/4/2017 at 2:24 PM, sweetbitch said:

I’m starting a new topic because I couldn’t find what I was looking for when I searched.

I’ve been browsing leather slings online, and there are basically two designs.  One is a solid leather panel to lie on, and the other is a series of leather strips loosely woven but sewn or riveted together.  All manufacturers and dealers have their own variations of the two, but which one is preferred by guys who use them? I don’t think I’ve ever seen or tried the second type.

I have used both, and I prefer the solid leather panel.  But what is best is a sling board (padded and covered in neoprene) its great for long sessions and is easy on your back.  And makes it easy for the top to get in your hole.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2017 at 11:21 PM, Dickmagnet said:

I have read somewhere else on this forum you also have 2 types as is also a model that is portable by the advice given from previous members here go for a portable model but solid with tubular steel supports for stability i read somewhere here that fort troff has a really sturdy one.

Yes, when I buy a sling I’ll need a frame.  I don’t plan to hang it from the ceiling or wall.