I wanna stop prep

Guest kazore

6 hours ago, spermy71 said:

How?

If you have a poz fetish that's great.  I respect that in you.  Not everyone wants it.  Does that make them evil? I don't get it.

I'm with you.

Even if I don't hold the same opinion, then absent any unfavorable impact it may have on others -- ignoring scent allergies in a shared workspace, or not telling someone with a nut allergy that a specific treat contains nuts, for example -- I respect anyone's choice to do [x] with their own bodies. That said, the "PrEP is evil" and "PrEP is training wheels" mindset just boggles me.

PrEP is PrEP: it's for people who want to take loads, don't care about either the stated or actual status of their partners, and still want to do what they can to minimize their risk of contracting HIV.

To me, much like being a chaser is a choice, not wishing to chase is an equally valid choice.

• Upvote 6

Guest GoneFishing
On 10/8/2017 at 4:32 AM, kazore said:

I've been on prep for 3 years,  took hundred of dicks. 

I dont have thrills anymore.

I love taking poz loads. Im t hinking  of skipping  pill, i already did it, love it.

I think i wanna secretely convert.

Good boy.  time to take training wheels off and let your conversion flag fly proud 

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 8:15 AM, chrisbb said:

In the end it's a mind game. Being on Prep is personal choice but then why bb when you can get other bugs that prep does not cover.

As far as I am aware -- thanks to advancements in treating HEP infections --the only common yet incurable STIs are HIV and HSV.

Admittedly, the first time I contracted syphilis, I was embarrassed as hell walking around looking like I'd fucked an octopus until the antibiotics took care of the infection, but at least we caught it in the primary stage, so that was good.

To me, asking why bareback if there's a risk of contracting an STI other than HIV is like asking why a diner should order lobster if there's a chance those poorly-prepared, nasty-ass vegetable sides might touch it: the risk/reward is worth it.

Lobster is delicious. So is barebacking.

And they both benefit from the liquid accompaniment.  ;-)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 7:32 AM, kazore said:

I've been on prep for 3 years,  took hundred of dicks. 

I dont have thrills anymore.

I love taking poz loads. Im t hinking  of skipping  pill, i already did it, love it.

I think i wanna secretely convert.

Here's a perspective from a poz guy. If I knew about prep, and had access to it, I probably won't be poz. And honestly, ask any guy who would prefer to be negative, and they would give you that answer. My thing is this, why ruin your health just for a thrill? I am telling you from my experience, getting the fuck flu or seroconversion for those of you versed in infectious diseases like HIV, to the lifestyle changes that come with being poz, along with the astronomical costs of the meds and the insurance if Trump and the GOP has their way with Obamacare, trying to be poz isn't worth it. It also isn't worth losing people you care about the anguish your family and friends are put through, and it isn't the long nights wondering what if, and planning to kill yourself. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a man who would rather go back in time to stop my stupid self from making a monumental mistake.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 4/22/2018 at 2:26 PM, rawloadstaken said:

As far as I am aware -- thanks to advancements in treating HEP infections --the only common yet incurable STIs are HIV and HSV.

Admittedly, the first time I contracted syphilis, I was embarrassed as hell walking around looking like I'd fucked an octopus until the antibiotics took care of the infection, but at least we caught it in the primary stage, so that was good.

To me, asking why bareback if there's a risk of contracting an STI other than HIV is like asking why a diner should order lobster if there's a chance those poorly-prepared, nasty-ass vegetable sides might touch it: the risk/reward is worth it.

Lobster is delicious. So is barebacking.

And they both benefit from the liquid accompaniment.  ?

There is hep b, hpv and herpes. I should know, I have all 3.

On 5/5/2018 at 6:19 PM, hornycumslut91 said:

For people not yet infected, the Hepatitis B vaccine has been available for a long time now.

The HPV vaccine, though it is labeled for use in young people because it is most effective before first exposure, can be administered to adults. It doesn't do any harm and could have some protective value.

HSV, as you say, remains a risk, although Acyclovir and Valacyclovir are apparently effective at reducing symptoms.

10 hours ago, fskn said:

For people not yet infected, the Hepatitis B vaccine has been available for a long time now.

The HPV vaccine, though it is labeled for use in young people because it is most effective before first exposure, can be administered to adults. It doesn't do any harm and could have some protective value.

HSV, as you say, remains a risk, although Acyclovir and Valacyclovir are apparently effective at reducing symptoms.

Note you said curable excepting Herpes and HIV. I needed to distinguish that there were other STI's that cannot be cured when someone is infected. Just needed that distinction there.

On 5/5/2018 at 6:19 PM, hornycumslut91 said:

Re: Hep B -- at least according to the CDC -- unless it's chronic, or has progressed into liver damage, there is post-exposure prophylaxis that can address it, and a certain percentage of infections resolve on their own. (That said, if yours has hit the incurable stage, or if you developed liver damage, I sincerely hope you're getting the medical support you need to keep things going. That sucks.)

Re: HSV, I agree: Herpes is like your granny's old floral-patterned Samsonite® luggage: you'll never be able to get rid of it.

Re: HPV, d'oh. You're absolutely right: I completely left that one out. My apologies.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:08 AM, hornycumslut91 said:

Note you said curable excepting Herpes and HIV. I needed to distinguish that there were other STI's that cannot be cured when someone is infected. Just needed that distinction there.

I don't don't say anything in my post about curable infections. My focus is on preventable ones. Since a highly effective vaccine for Hepatitis B has been available for a long time, there is little reason to worry whether the disease is treatable; just get vaccinated! It's silly to include Hepatitis B on the same list as HSV, for example, because the latter has neither a vaccine nor a cure. Whether to include HPV on such a list depends on the person's age. For young people today, who are routinely vaccinated before their first exposure, HPV drops off the list of concerns.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kazore

I m now out of prep for 3 days and took some loads

Today I'll see how I feel

It makes me hard

Edited by kazore

Guest JackEdJIZZ

After 3 years of PrEP, I slopped last spring.....April Fools Day just to tease the fates a bit.   Did not alter my enhanced sexual behaviors .   Pozzed quite quickly....probably by a blood slam my first weekend of no PrEP......shit works and serves a purpose.....but not everyone wants that purpose.     We all get our choice.

• 3 months later...