So, do we discuss Kevin Spacey here - or ignore him?

edward21uk

So, do we discuss Kevin Spacey here - or ignore him?

Horseplay with Rapp when he was a minor without any sexual contact; was there consent?

And where were his parents or chaperone, and why was he the last person to stay at the Spacey party, and did he agree to stay? - They're to blame?

Was actor Rapp enamoured by Spacey and sexually aware (at the age he was, I certainly was sexually active with 18+ guys)?

And why wait 25+ years to complain (is it because he's now got a TV role on a major syndicated [sort of] show - STAR TREK) ?

• Upvote 3

Accuser, Rapp is as he says "queer".

During a 1997 interview with Oasis Magazine, the actor explained his sexual identity as "queer" rather than "gay": "I don't want to get into labels, but I've never labeled myself except to say I'm queer. The thing that's been most important to me to be out about is that I have been in loving relationships with men...I haven't said 'I am gay.

Perhaps, Rapp lead Spacey on a merry-dance (!) on that night only for Spacey to reject any sexual contact... and now it's Rapp "pay-back" time to destroy one of entertainment's best actors/producers?

• Upvote 1

Kevin Spacey wrote "I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life. I choose now to live as a gay man"

Really? No cock sucking and no anal action with men ever? How about wanting a 14 yr-old cock? Is being gay is all about love and romance?

The whole thing about being gay has never made too much sense to me and I find it all very confusing. What's the difference between a straight man "experimenting" with sex with men from a gay man? Why can women be touchy-feely with other women but not men? It all made more sense when I came across this piece on Anonymous sex: http://safestsex.org/aboutmen-en.php It interested me because the only thing that could "makes me gay" is my passion for anonymous sex and made me review things.

The self-portrayal of "being gay" is to me a cop out and a way of cleansing all what goes on in terms of sex between men. For example, I have read about guys whose only sexual activity has been to go to a bathroom at a local shopping mall and suck cock and maybe get fucked. Never a lover, man or woman. If he was asked for instance "Don't you have a girlfriend?" he would probably respond "I'm gay" because I doubt society is ready to hear his story.

But I have changed and if asked I start talking about my passion for anonymous sex. I usually say that if women were into heavy anonymous sex, dark rooms, slings, etc, I would probably be straight. It's not that I like men more than women but that I like the way men have sex rather than the way women like having sex. Too old for flowers and dinners. 

• Upvote 3

• Moderators

We only have Rapp's side of the story because Spacey claims has no memory. Rapp was a 14-year-old at an adult party who got bored and went to watch tv; I did that a few times when my folks dragged me to something where I was the only kid.  Then somehow he ended up being the only one left at the party which isn't at all suspicious; I wonder who arranged that. Then Spacey picked him up and carried him to the bed and climbed on top of him. Rapp had to get out from under him and talk his way out of the house. That sounds like an assault no matter how you look at it. 

Do I think Spacey thought Rapp would be receptive? Absolutely. Is it possible Rapp showed signs of interest then changed his mind? Of course. But once he was squirming and trying to get away, the encounter should have been over. Saying he should have had a chaperone or should have left early or should have known better is blaming the victim of the assault and that is bull shit. 

Yeah, I get that lots of guys are into being forceful and maybe pushing the boundaries of not taking "no" for an answer. I get that that is sexy. But if you are 26 and the guy saying "no" is 14, you are a dumb ass for pushing the issue. Because even if the 14-year-old says "fuck me, daddy" to you, it's still a crime. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Guest Dickmagnet

I remember a while back when spacey was in London he was also caught in hyde park with his trousers down, Everyone knows he does it so i really don't see what all the fuss is about. Where were the parents in all of this i know if i were a father i would not let spacy near my kids so the kid was there on his own - Hmmm questionable to say the least - Ok i know this guy was so called sexually abused at 15 but even i was sexually active at the age as most boys are trying stuff out anyway at that age & experimenting with there sexuality. I think it's a lot of noise about nothing. Remember the days when George Michael was always up at hampstead heath so called walking his dog yeah right aren't we all going outside - Hmmmm. I'm not even going to talk about Queen that was another chapter all together. There will always be these sorts of issues as long as the age of consent is unrealistic. I grew up in London & at the time if i was straight then i could have sex at 16 & get a girl pregnant too but if i was gay i had to wait till 21 go figure as long as they have there head in the sand this is going to keep going on so all the gays can feel victimised all over again.

Edited by Dickmagnet
auto correct mistakes

20 hours ago, evilalex said:

Remember just because something was fine for you, doesn't mean it will be fine for everyone. I was sexually active at 14, but I know not everyone was or would have liked it.

Agreed. I too was sexually active at 14 with a 21 y/o, but I was 100% the persuer. Legalities aside, I knew what I was doing and what I wanted. It was the during the beginning of the aids crises in the 80's, and I was educated already about safe sex and condoms.

What Spacey did was wrong. He was the predator in this case. Rapp may have been a "mature" 14, working with adults on Broadway, but he obviously shouldn't have been alone at the party with adults. Non consensual is non consenual.

• Like 2

Guest MeatSeeker

We shouldn't be quibbling over what Rapp (the victim) could have done to avoid getting assaulted. We should be pointing out that Kevin Spacey is a sexual predator who attacked a fourteen year old, this isn't that hard......... don't victim blame, people.

It appears to have been well known in Hollywood that Kevin Spacey liked them young. There is another guy who has talked about having a consensual relationship with Spacey when Spacey was 26 and he was 14. A relationship that involved sucking and the 14 year old fucking Spacey.

The issue with Rapp is a bit different. Rapp has admitted that he knew he was gay at 14. Spacey laid on top of him fully clothed. No cocksucking, no penetration. Reading Rapp's interview, this incident had a terrible effect on him for 30 years. I agree that Spacey was wrong to hit on a 14 year old, but does anyone else think that someone laying on top of them fully clothed would have such devastating mental consequences?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/5/2017 at 4:41 PM, marktulley2000 said:

It appears to have been well known in Hollywood that Kevin Spacey liked them young. There is another guy who has talked about having a consensual relationship with Spacey when Spacey was 26 and he was 14. A relationship that involved sucking and the 14 year old fucking Spacey.

The issue with Rapp is a bit different. Rapp has admitted that he knew he was gay at 14. Spacey laid on top of him fully clothed. No cocksucking, no penetration. Reading Rapp's interview, this incident had a terrible effect on him for 30 years. I agree that Spacey was wrong to hit on a 14 year old, but does anyone else think that someone laying on top of them fully clothed would have such devastating mental consequences?

The amount of emotional trauma the victim endures differs with a LOT of variables.The age and sexual maturity physical and mental of the victim being perhaps the most important.We have laws against sexual activity between adults and kids for a reason-to protect the kids freedom to develop on their own at their own PACE.Spacey was wrong to have any inappropriate contact with an underage person.Has NOTHING to do with being gay or straight.

• Like 1

From what Rapp describes, he apparently had no idea beforehand that Spacey was anything but another guy in a profession that the two men shared who seemed like he could be a cool older friend. He apparently was not out to himself at the time, even, never mind other people.

I can see how finding out that someone you trusted actually was trying to take advantage of you would really hurt your ability to trust other people. From his perspective, realizing that another guy had managed to trap him in an apartment by himself for his own purposes might well have been terrifying. Sure, we certainly can imagine worse things happen, but something doesn't have to be catastrophic for it to be bad.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:34 AM, MeatSeeker said:

We shouldn't be quibbling over what Rapp (the victim) could have done to avoid getting assaulted. We should be pointing out that Kevin Spacey is a sexual predator who attacked a fourteen year old, this isn't that hard......... don't victim blame, people.

I love Kevin Spacey. He is incredibly talented and sexy and I'd suck his cock and eat his cum in a minute but he really fucked up on this one.

MeatSeeker is absolutely right. It is illegal and also wrong for a grown man to proposition or be at all sexual with a 14 year old boy (or girl,etc.) It is never ok. It may be something that some of us fantasize about but it is not right for adults to be sexual with minors. Never. Even when it does occur and both parties enjoy it, it is still wrong and it causes harm to the adolescent because it forces them to have to deal with sex and sexuality at an age when they lack the sophistication to do so appropriately. It leads to all sorts of psycho-sexual pathologies and other psychological problems. Some members on this site will say that they had same sex experiences when they were minors and that they really enjoyed it. Well, it may have felt good and even felt appropriate at that age but you wouldn't give booze to a 14 year old or cocaine even though those drugs might feel good too.  Until a person is between 18 and 21 they lack the mental maturity necessary to make reliable judgments about sex. Of course, some kids mature faster but frankly they are not harmed by waiting until they reach the age of majority. As Phil Hartman said on SNL when playing Frank Sinatra talking to a forlorned Woody Allen in the midst of the Soon yi Previn scandal, "Woodcut, if I told you once I've told you a thousand times, keep your mits off of the kinder. I get tempted too myself sometimes but I take my business to the john. Because when you're a one man band nobody gets hurt!!"

• Like 1