Limited Reactions?

barecubtop

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 12:49 PM, barecubtop said:

What is the policy regarding adding reactions to posts? I seem to be getting the "You cannot add any more reactions today" message more and more lately, where I never got it before.  I don't feel as though I'm reacting more lately than I have before...

yes happening to me too - can`t find out what thelimit is

• Moderators

Moderator's Note: I hope rawTOP will come along and tell you all the details. I will tell you what I know. The limit is part of the forum software and is supposed to reset daily. I do not know if it is adjustable or not. 

From what I noticed there seems to be a limit of (about) 10 Likes per day, maybe running on EST time? Sometimes I run into my limit as well (early morning, 'leftovers' from the previous day?) but then later I am able to 'react' again once it's after 12am EST again. 

• 10 months later...
On 2/11/2018 at 4:58 PM, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: I hope rawTOP will come along and tell you all the details. I will tell you what I know. The limit is part of the forum software and is supposed to reset daily. I do not know if it is adjustable or not. I

On 2/11/2018 at 4:58 PM, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: I hope rawTOP will come along and tell you all the details. I will tell you what I know. The limit is part of the forum software and is supposed to reset daily. I do not know if it is adjustable or not. 

It is extremely annoying

• Administrators

Yup. Reactions are limited. I searched pretty hard and couldn't find the exact setting that controls the number per day. I don't know whether it's per calendar day or number in the past 24 hours, but based on the comments above it seems it's per calendar day. And yes, the calendar would reset at midnight eastern time.

Ultimately it's not a bad thing. For starters it's a way to control spam (e.g. disgruntled users down voting everything they see). But it also means likes mean something since they have to be used judiciously.

Oh, by the way, while I was looking at the settings I enabled additional types of reactions – Thanks, HaHa's, and Confused… And if you're wondering down votes are negative (obviously), confused is neutral, and all the others amount to a +1. So a like and an up vote have the same point value.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

9/292019

I have just encountered "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today."

I understand algorithms, etc. VS "spammers" (something I just don't GET).

All for a reason, right?  I will have to track my 'reactions' ~ sadly, NOT a (+) - this IS a bareback...balls to the wall site. Ya know what I mean?  🙄

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.