Pins and needles side effect?

Wantsloads

Hey there guys!  I’ve been on Prep since August.  Recently, in the past month, been having some “pins and needles” like numbness in my legs/thighs.  It’s subtle and not obtrusive but wondering if this is common?  I’ve been doing more stretches at the gym and that helps.  Not sure if it’s truvada related.  I might go off of it to rule it out,  but really don’t want to stop taking loads  lol.  Any insight is appreciated!  Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving.

I’ve been on PrEP for 18 months without any issues. What you describe doesn’t sound like any side effects I’ve read about. The higher risks are liver function related. I suggest speaking with your prescriber before going off the Truvada since you need to maintain a therapeutic level, especially since you want to keep taking loads. You may well have a completely unrelated condition causing the tingling / numbness.

• Upvote 1

Tingling and numbness sound like a reduction in blood flow or a nerve being pinched; nothing to do with Truvada.  You mention that some stretching helps reduce these issues....sounds like a pinched nerve or a slipped or beginning spinal issue.  My suggestion is to see your primary physician or if chiropractor and follow their advice.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had an STI check and all clear.  Pins and needles went away after I spent time st the gym stretching.  I had sciatic paint maybe 10 years ago and it was similar to that.  Was just worried because it was about a three week spell.  Stretching helped tremendously so I just stretch out a few times a week now and been great!