‘I don’t feel like I’m a threat anymore.’ New HIV guidelines are changing lives.

seaguy

Good article, and also a little bit of a wake up call for those on here that think HIV is some unbridled panacea of sex. People who are hiv+ or hiv- do fall in love with the opposite status, and it’s not always an “anything goes” type of thing. 

• 1 month later...

Good article - I started hearing about this about a year ago.  The key here, though, is undetectable and maintaining a daily med regimen.  Many HIV+ guys (people) don't know they are, don't care if they are, and/or don't have their numbers checked regularly.  Unfortunately, many of those will assume that its just "HIV is untransmittalbe" and forget the conditions.  For me, I take this more as a personal guild line on disclosure.  Since I do know my numbers and I do follow a med regimen, I'm less worried about disclosing my status than I have in the past.