Hate to be a downer.

Pig Bottom

But I recently heard about MRSA and how it can cause skin eating disease and it can start from just a pimple.

It can live on your skin for a long time, months or longer. They say that it can be transmitted in gyms or prisons and sex clubs are worse than both. I guess it doesn't make sense to worry about something that you really don't have control over if you are a slut. I was out last night and bent over in a dark room and got fucked my at least 10 guys. I had a great time and I was tired as hell after 5 hours. (not all sex)

Medical professionals are so scared of MRSA (which is a serious form of Staph) tend to lablel EVERYTHING as MRSA anymore. I had a zit on the inside of my thigh last winter and after a few days it became a big knot under the skin. I went to an urgent care clinic to have it checked out and the doctor said it was MRSA. He cut it open to drain and packed it with gauze. He actually had me scared to death for a few hours thinking that my leg was going to rot off. As it turns out, it was STAPH but it was not MRSA.

MRSA is pretty serious but it's not that common.

• 8 months later...

A friend of mine who has full blown AIDS has several patches on his body of MRSA that the doctors can't seem to get rid of.He also has some sores inside his mouth that he says are staph infections.I have a fucked up desire to get naked with him and tongue kiss for hours spreading his disease to me.Do you think I should go for it? The thought of his sore ridden mouth makes me hard!!!

POZseednbreed: MRSA is staph, it is just an antibiotic resistant form. Staph can get worse over time to where it is resistant and should not be blithely dismissed. MRSA can infect skin as well as organs. Organ infection can be deadly serious and require vancomyecin (sp?) to treat which is hard on the body, VERY expensive and requires hospital quarantine. Went thru this with a relative.

Skin staph needs to be diagnosed by a doctor and can be treated with a prescription cream and diluted bleach baths. (1 c bleach in standard bath tub, soak for 20 mins. 1-2x week till cleared). Bed sheets, clothing, towels and any surface the infected area touches need to be washed and sanitized daily till infection is healed.

Staph and MRSA are VERY contagious and need to be treated immediately, Infections are often red or purple boil like nodules under the skin that are sore and leave perm purple scars. Sometimes staph is mistaken for a spider bite so get it checked out.

Yes we cant avoid this stuff but do take it seriously and get it cleared up.

Medical professionals are so scared of MRSA (which is a serious form of Staph) tend to lablel EVERYTHING as MRSA anymore. I had a zit on the inside of my thigh last winter and after a few days it became a big knot under the skin. I went to an urgent care clinic to have it checked out and the doctor said it was MRSA. He cut it open to drain and packed it with gauze. He actually had me scared to death for a few hours thinking that my leg was going to rot off. As it turns out, it was STAPH but it was not MRSA.

MRSA is pretty serious but it's not that common.

I, too had a pimple on my knee some years ago, mid 90s. (I had been at Man's Country in Chicago, and the Eagle; hadn't thought to connect the infection to that, and maybe it was still unrelated.) I popped the pimple, and then some days later I noticed my leg was all pink and swollen. I showed a co worker, and she told me to make an appointment with the doctor who saw me the same day. After looking me over he said it appears to be cellulitis, and he put me in the hospital right away.

Well no one was allowed in my room without scrubs and a mask. There was this one orderly (really cute, too!) who didn't follow these rules, and I asked him why, and he just said, "I've seen and dealt with worse things." After a few days, the antibiotics they were giving in pill form were not working the way they had hoped, and I had a fever; they then put me on an IV drip, and that's when I was told I had an MRSA. When talking to a friend, he told me you usually only get those in a hospital! Every couple of days the doctor would come and squeeze some puss out of the knee, and he said I was lucky I came when I did because if I had waited it could have infected the bone, and then I would have really been up shit's creek. Anyway, a few more days, and the doctor came with a needle and a scalpel; the needle had an anesthesia, and afterwards he made a tiny cut in my knee, and when he squeezed, a ton of black shit came gushing out. Strangely, I thought it was kind of cool seeing all that stuff draining out. I had a sense of relief knowing that the medicine was working. I went home a day or two later, and of course, as my luck would have it, the orderly was not working either of those days, so I never got to ask for his number.

Staph is already everywhere. All over pretty much every surface you use. And all over your body. For the most part, your immune system deals with it just fine.

However, if it gets inside your body, particularly if your immune system is compromised (by HIV, but also by drugs or alcohol, lack of sleep, poor diet, etc.) then you can get a localized infection. I've had staph infections before, and they can be painful (red, swollen, tender, warm to the touch) but antibiotics generally fix it. Many staph infections will go away on their own, but that should not discourage you from seeking medical attention promptly, especially if you're HIV+.

The real danger is if it gets into your bloodstream. Staph can infect your heart valves, which can potentially cause a heart attack and kill you. This is one reason why IV drug users are at particular risk, and should always thoroughly clean and disinfect (with alcohol) injection sites, use sterile water, and fresh syringes every time (or give up the IV drugs altogether, but that can be hard to do).

I had the skin version of MRSA once when I was younger after going to Europe for 10 days. A 24 hour culture of the excrement and they gave me 2 different antibiotics and a soap/disinfectant named Hibicleans used daily cleared it up in 2 weeks. It is very serious, if you have any doubts about a really nasty pimple always goto the doc. My doc said another few days and it would have entered the bloodstream and caused sepsis.

Good health to those who seek it,

Blessed Be

Edited by ChubBreeder
typo