To be poz or not.

Hardream

2 hours ago, craig1955 said:

62 and tested POZ 9 DAYS ago.   

Congrats, Craig! :2thumbs: Hope you like your new self!!! :) Do you feel any different since you found out?

So good to see it's never too late (Hope I'll be POZ before I turn 62 though...:P)

:* Felix

• 2 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents... well, first personally I was diagnosed Aug 2008... most likely pozzed summer of 2007 on Fire Island.. I can remember the Fuck Flu that August, misdiagnosed for a year. this was before I was involved in HIV outreach and had no clue besides being around NYC I the 80s.

Ok, now my "rant" as some may call it.  I think its ridiculous to get pozzed these days.  What with PrEP and the knowledge we all have.  I'm okay with my status and enjoy BB sex without a worry. Am I a member of the "brotherhood"?  I guess  is it a big deal ? NO !

Its better long term to remain negative.  

Everyone can go on with fantasy and all that.  Just my humble opinion from being out on the front lines of battle for 3 years

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Guest descartes70817
On December 3, 2017 at 8:40 AM, PHXbottomguy said:

so there's hope for me still?  I'll be 60 before the end of the year!  Craig...would be cool to have your strain and DNA as part of me 

I was a week past my 60th birthday when I was informed that I had FBA, so the odds are I was pozed about 12 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Got told my results August of 2017, after i was hospitalized with MRSA.

I wasn't at all surprised. 

I don't recall ever getting the fuck flu, but since getting out of the hospital,  my bowels, and guts have been playing he'll with me. 

In 4 months, I've only been in the mood to suck two cocks, and actually felt better,  physically,  than in a long while.  I WANT to get fucked,  SO BAD,  but my physical health keeps me from going out. 

Knowing what I know now,  I would have started on PREP. I know is be getting more dick than I am now. 

Also,  I'm unmedicated, as they want $600.00/ month for Genvoya.

On 12/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, fillmyholeftl said:

Ok, now my "rant" as some may call it.  I think its ridiculous to get pozzed these days.  What with PrEP and the knowledge we all have.  I'm okay with my status and enjoy BB sex without a worry. Am I a member of the "brotherhood"?  I guess  is it a big deal ? NO !

Its better long term to remain negative.  

Everyone can go on with fantasy and all that.  Just my humble opinion from being out on the front lines of battle for 3 years

I agree and I'm glad someone here is speaking the truth about glorifying poz status and calling it a brotherhood.

• Upvote 5