Would you share your test results in real time plus your medical history?

bbicurious

Would you share your test results in real time plus your medical history?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you share your test results in real time plus your medical history?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he shows me his

Suppose a major tech company has just developed a smartwatch that can regularly run STI tests and update your test results in real time. Would you be willing to share those results as well as your medical history with potential sex partners?

Here's an example of how it might work

Upload your real-time results to an app like BarebackRT or Grindr. They won't show your data to anyone unless you consent however your data can be used in the search filters.

This could be beneficial to both chasers and non-chasers:

A chaser can go to the filters on Grindr and slide the slider for viral load all the way to the 'max'

On the other hand a non-chaser can say only show anyone who is negative or undetectable, or on meds etc.

So you don't have to go through the data yourself the app could filter out anything that's a no-no, maybe or hell-yes for you (easy as saying show me 18  to 35 year olds, 6' tall, 9 inches and Right now only)

On Grindr, if you meet a straight married guy who's a little nervous about fucking you raw you could ease his mind by ticking unlock medical results and history (and you can request his as well), that way he can see all the up-to-date details he wants and assume there's no way to fake the results. 

Do we need such an app/service or is it taking things too far? It would be really helpful for those of us who still freak out every time we bareback. What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by bbicurious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest FinalDL2021

He'll no, the government-control apparatus, is always keeping tabs on you through these gadgets, I don't even want Sryi in my house. The government, and big business are in bed together now, and they want to fuck all of us without a condom

Guest Descartes70817

It's bad enough that my phone tells my provider where it is all the time, but I am definitely NOT going to allow anyone to spy on everything I say or do by wearing a device that monitors my activities and health and reports it to any third party.