Partnered guys - how did you meet and become open?

barecubtop

I like reading about how some of you are in relationships where both of you are slutty and bring loads home to each other and such.  So I'm curious as to how those of you in open relationships met and developed your relationship.  Was it a hookup turned regular-thing turned relationship?  Did you meet at a bar/online/app and date and start off monogamous and then open it later?  Do any of you have any rules like "don't ask don't tell" for playing with others, or do you only play with others together, or do you share all details when you fuck after coming home with loads? 

• Upvote 1

When we first met, my ex and I established that we were both not cut out for monogamy and when we got into a relationship, we agreed that it would be open with some basic rules.  Neither of us would bring other men into our home.  There would be no talk of what we did with others.  Playing as a couple was not an option because my ex wasn't sexually attracted to men of other races, whereas I embraced the rainbow.  It worked fine for a number of years, but eventually, I embraced my kinky side while my ex was strictly vanilla.  Gradually, our sexlife dwindled and in our 8th year, he became just a body in bed.  Ultimately, 2 years later he did something that broke my trust and that was the end.  Since then, I've been gunshy about any potential relationship, but I never say never.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

We met 12 years ago last summer on Gay.com which was a different site from the one at that URL now. It was a really popular site for chat and hookups in the early 2000s. We started chatting on a Friday night. We hooked up Saturday night. We have been together ever since and got married in August 2008. 

We both had been bareback sluts before, but we chose to be monogamous for a while to get to know one another and build intimacy. Eventually, we both missed having “a little strange” too much to keep that up. 

We started out just doing threesomes and other group sex. Eventually we started hooking up separately because we both traveled for work. We tried DADT, but we both got off on hearing about the other’s adventures. Our rules are we only play together if we are together, but we can do what we like when either of us is traveling. We usually just share brief accounts unless one of us has a good story to tell. We have also done bathhouses and set parties together. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

I met my husband at the gym.  He was stunning, and the first time I saw him, I could not think of anything else.  When I saw him the second time, I started flirting big time.  He was definitely looking at me too.  About two weeks later.  He approached me and simply said, "I want to go out with you, let's go now."  We met up at a restaurant to talk, for about 30 minutes, then went back to his place and he fucked me.  Almost seven years since that night.  Got married three years ago.  Not too long into the relationship, we talked about sex with others.  He was very clear that I could not play with others unless he set it up or gave his permission.  He said he would play when he wants but would always tell me when he was going to do it.  All these years later, that's still how it work, and things are better than ever.

Met hubby through work almost 24 years ago -- we'd been married to women originally and were mono and very jealous of one another for the first several years. We eventually had a 3 way with a hot, hung professor pal one drunken night and that led to more mutual experimenting. By our 8th year together we were open and fucking separately, together and in small groups. The rule of thumb is that we put energy toward our relationship first and talk about our sexual experiences. (Which usually leads to sex!) Of course it's fun to have a secret too -- but eventually we come clean...which is hot, too!

We often tag team his younger college bottom boys together or we host a group of our favorite sex pals and enjoy watching each other in action. Recently we've taken on a boyfriend that we both top and share with others. It's been great fun to evolve and realize we can be committed, dependable, and loving partners without traditional physical rules and restrictions. At the end of a long hard work week, there's nothing more fun that watching my guy breed a muscle jock in our sling across the room, while both of my holes are stretched to the max by two beautiful black cocks!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Met my husband at a bb leather party. He was in some hot gear, including engineer boots. I was transfixed by his confidence, the way he moved, his raw sexuality. He allowed me to service his cock and permitted me to jack off for him. I came on the toe of his boot and immediately licked them both clean. He rewarded me with a hard slap. In that moment, I had been claimed.

We would not actually get together for another 10 years. We have been together for four years now.  We have always been open. And while I am his collared property; he send me out to top and bottom. He loves when I come home with a wet, cum dripping hole or pix of the latest slut I fucked. 

• Like 1