Coat/Cloths/Bag Check at host hotel?

Greetings all. I hope to attend MAL for the first time this year. I will not, however be staying at the host hotel, and considering the temperature outside, it would be inadvisable to travel to the hotel in the same outfit I'd like to walk around the hotel in. (or rather at least have some layers on over it) Does MAL offer any sort of coat/bag check at the host hotel, where I could leave my stuff while dancing or cruzing, or will I need to carry my backpack around with me?

(I ask because when I attended IML for the first time a couple years ago, the Congress did not have such a coat check, which meant I couldn't participate fully. - My outfit has no pockets, and I wasn't leaving my wallet off to the side of a crowded room unattended)

In the past, MAL has had a coat check in the lobby, so I am fairly certain you will have one this year. In the past, it has been under the entry escalator, adjacent to the lobby bar <to the left as you enter the hotel> Sadly, NastyKinkPigs was dis-invited from the event, so their hallmark Saturday night dance party FXCK will not be happening, nor will any of their nightly suite parties.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it's disappointing that NKP is no longer involved, but I'll have fun regardless, and a coat check makes life much easier, even without the dance parties. (carying a winter coat with you is not particularly sexy - in most cases at least)

Ah, one other glitch to.using someones room- the hotel ran a security line last year to use the elevators- U needed a room key to go up, or to be with a room holder. Not sure how strict they were, but as slow and jammed as the 'vators were all weekend- a lobby coat check could save you an hour !! LOL 

And if I recall from when I stayed at the hotel years ago for a very different convention (a choral event), they didn't allow people to use the stairs from the ground floor. (Incidentally, that was also the weekend I had my first real sex with another guy - or at all for that matter)

On 1/1/2018 at 6:23 PM, AlwaysOpen said:

Ah, one other glitch to.using someones room- the hotel ran a security line last year to use the elevators- U needed a room key to go up, or to be with a room holder. Not sure how strict they were, but as slow and jammed as the 'vators were all weekend- a lobby coat check could save you an hour !! LOL 

So this is my first MAL but im staying at the pheonix hotel around the corner. I might have to change hotels if pheonix is too boring. I hope they dont have this stupid rule this year.?

Most likely there'll be no stair usage to the second floor this weekend, either. There hasn't been other years, anyways. It's amusing, because guys get pissed off when people get off on the second floor until they realize second floor people HAVE TO use the elevators.