Buying Antibiotics online

I've started loving bareback, but unfortunately my last check up tested positive for gonorrhoea.

which lead to getting an injection in my ass and I felt shamed too.

so I researched and it appears doxycycline seems to clear up most infections.

My questions are do any of you barebackers on this site buy antibiotics online to treat yourself before getting a check up?

and good trusted sites?

and if not don't you feel shame when visiting the STD clinic repeatedly and testing positive repeatedly for different things?

Thanks for reading and it's a genuine enquiry.

I always recommend seeing your doctor and don't be ashamed as medical professionals are there to help otherwise you can get antibiotics online without a prescription. Fish or aquatic antibiotics are the same as human grade as they have the same pill identifier numbers on them and made in the same labs. Ive taken them! However you really need to know your stuff especially when it comes to what infection you may have and the right antibiotic to take and the correct dosing and duration you need to take the pill. Search online for "Fish anitibiotics" Thomas labs makes them as others. 

As a biologist I will tell you not to do this. We are already in an antibiotic crisis and it will likely get much worse. Antibiotic resistance is a very real and dangerous thing with STDs and other bacterial infections. Only take antibiotics for confirmed infections and only take the proper antibiotic for your current infection. Antibiotics do not work for all infections as they have different targets of action. 

To answer your second question about feeling shame: not really. The clinic I go to is pretty nice and staffed by nice people. I’ve had positive STD tests the past 3, 3 month checkups. It’s pretty routine for them I think. 

Edited by bbaremich
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bbaremich said:

As a biologist I will tell you not to do this. We are already in an antibiotic crisis and it will likely get much worse. Antibiotic resistance is a very real and dangerous thing with STDs and other bacterial infections. Only take antibiotics for confirmed infections and only take the proper antibiotic for your current infection. Antibiotics do not work for all infections as they have different targets of action. 

To answer your second question about feeling shame: not really. The clinic I go to is pretty nice and staffed by nice people. I’ve had positive STD tests the past 3, 3 month checkups. It’s pretty routine for them I think. 

Ditto this (i'm a critical care nurse).  Taking the wrong antibiotic or wrong dosing can cause/allow a pathogen to develop resistance.

The big three out there are syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia. (but there's more, like herpes, HPV, hepatitis, etc). The first two pretty much require injections to clear them. As bbaremich said: "antibiotic resistance is a very real and dangerous thing." Right now there's  a resistant strain of gonorrhea, so you likely got a shot of Ceftriaxone and took an oral dose of Azithromycin.  Doxycycline can be substituted for the Azithromycin (but you have to take it for 7 days vs one dose of Azithromycin).  The thing about gonorrhea is you do not know if you have the resistant strain or not, so you have to treat all cases as if they are. 

I got syphillis a few years back and took the alternative dosing of doxycycline. When I went for a recheck, I found out it hadn't treated the infection adequately and ended up having to get 2 shots every week for three weeks to clear it. 

I applaud you for getting checked and treated. If the place you are going has people there who are shaming you, find a different clinic. Most cities have multiple locations, but you can do a google search of "gay friendly clinics" in your area. You can also get tested using an online service, it's very simple, you don't even see a doctor, you just go to a lab where they take blood or urine (or both) and then if the results are poz, you get contacted by a doc who gives you a prescription... and that's all they do so it's pretty straight forward.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

It’s also important to note that not all STDs are bacterial in nature. Hepatitis, HPV, HIV are all viral and cannot be handled with antibiotics. 

This is what causes a problem when people are sick with the rhinovirus (common cold) or the influenza virus and randomly take antibiotics just because they have them. This leads to antibiotic resistant bacteria. Always take the full course of antibiotics even if symptoms clear up too. Azithroymicin is given as a 1gram oral single dose because it is not easily cleared from the body and has a long half life, so daily pills are not required. Other antibiotics require daily doses because they are readily cleared by the kidneys. 

Edited by bbaremich
  • Upvote 1

I will agree with the others that say to go to a doctor, but I certainly understand the shame aspect as well.  I'm not ashamed of myself for getting STDs - it's a risk of barebacking and I'm ok with that risk.  However, this past summer when I got syphilis my doctor said something like "what are we going to do with you and these stds..." which made me feel ashamed (even though the last STD I had tested positive for was like 7 months earlier).  Granted, I don't think she meant it to be shaming...I've had to enlighten her about gay sex throughout the last couple years of seeing her for my PrEP checkups.  In general, she is professional and handles these things decently.  (plus, I'm stuck with her at the student health center on campus, where most things are free because of my student status...otherwise I'd find an off-campus doc)

This is a timely post...I have had irritation in my dick the last few days, and saw discharge yesterday morning.  I was due for my 3-month PrEP checkup anyways, so I made an appt with the student health center that afternoon.  My regular doc wasn't on schedule that day, so i saw someone else but all of the records are freely shared between all the docs.  He didn't prescribe anything yesterday, but said we'd wait until the tests come back early next week and call in a script for me at the campus pharmacy if needed.  From the above discussion, I understand why...I've been on a few antibiotics over the last couple years...due to STDs and some stomach issues (parasites, etc...), so I'm at that point where I'd rather wait until I know exactly what is wrong and what meds will work to target the problem rather than just asking for a general antibiotic instead. 

4 hours ago, barecubtop said:

I will agree with the others that say to go to a doctor, but I certainly understand the shame aspect as well.  I'm not ashamed of myself for getting STDs - it's a risk of barebacking and I'm ok with that risk.  However, this past summer when I got syphilis my doctor said something like "what are we going to do with you and these stds..." which made me feel ashamed (even though the last STD I had tested positive for was like 7 months earlier).  Granted, I don't think she meant it to be shaming...I've had to enlighten her about gay sex throughout the last couple years of seeing her for my PrEP checkups.  In general, she is professional and handles these things decently.  (plus, I'm stuck with her at the student health center on campus, where most things are free because of my student status...otherwise I'd find an off-campus doc)

This is a timely post...I have had irritation in my dick the last few days, and saw discharge yesterday morning.  I was due for my 3-month PrEP checkup anyways, so I made an appt with the student health center that afternoon.  My regular doc wasn't on schedule that day, so i saw someone else but all of the records are freely shared between all the docs.  He didn't prescribe anything yesterday, but said we'd wait until the tests come back early next week and call in a script for me at the campus pharmacy if needed.  From the above discussion, I understand why...I've been on a few antibiotics over the last couple years...due to STDs and some stomach issues (parasites, etc...), so I'm at that point where I'd rather wait until I know exactly what is wrong and what meds will work to target the problem rather than just asking for a general antibiotic instead. 

Bricklad and barecubtop,

I am sorry either of you were made to feel ashamed, it's unprofessional and unconscionable for a caregiver to moralize and potentially discourage someone from getting treatment. These people are clueless about the real world if they do not understand it's the people who are not coming in for treatment that perpetuate STD's not the ones who do regularly. It's not as if many of the people who don't get checked out are not having sex.  The only risk free sex is no sex. Good luck with that one. 

barecubtop, sounds like you have gonorrhea, but some guys get symptoms (discharge) with chlamydia as well, so it's important to differentiate. Gonorrhea is treated with two antibiotics, ceftriaxone is a shot and it is taken with 1000mg of azithromycin. The treatment used to be 2000mg of azithromycin alone, but then the resistant strain necessitated a one/two punch vs just one punch (so to speak), i.e., hitting the pathogen in two different places. Chlamydia is treated with 1000mg of azithromycin, so you can see if they didn't get a clear diagnosis and treated you presumptively for chlamydia, they would be risking helping a possible gonorrhea infection become resistant against azithromycin by not hitting the pathogen hard enough to eradicate it. 

Guest GoneFishing
9 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

Ditto this (i'm a critical care nurse).  Taking the wrong antibiotic or wrong dosing can cause/allow a pathogen to develop resistance.

The big three out there are syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia. (but there's more, like herpes, HPV, hepatitis, etc). The first two pretty much require injections to clear them. As bbaremich said: "antibiotic resistance is a very real and dangerous thing." Right now there's  a resistant strain of gonorrhea, so you likely got a shot of Ceftriaxone and took an oral dose of Azithromycin.  Doxycycline can be substituted for the Azithromycin (but you have to take it for 7 days vs one dose of Azithromycin).  The thing about gonorrhea is you do not know if you have the resistant strain or not, so you have to treat all cases as if they are. 

I got syphillis a few years back and took the alternative dosing of doxycycline. When I went for a recheck, I found out it hadn't treated the infection adequately and ended up having to get 2 shots every week for three weeks to clear it. 

I applaud you for getting checked and treated. If the place you are going has people there who are shaming you, find a different clinic. Most cities have multiple locations, but you can do a google search of "gay friendly clinics" in your area. You can also get tested using an online service, it's very simple, you don't even see a doctor, you just go to a lab where they take blood or urine (or both) and then if the results are poz, you get contacted by a doc who gives you a prescription... and that's all they do so it's pretty straight forward.

That’s right !  Find a doctor you’re comfortable with. Open relationship is key.  My doc knows I’m a cum hound. No shame. 

@tallslenderguy, I believe the student health center I go to does both the shot and the pill ("we treat for both gono and chlamydia if you test positive for either").  This time last year I had gono in my throat and they did both the ass shot and the pills for a week. 

Thanks for the kind words about the subject.  Keep in mind I live in Indiana, where now VP-Pence tried to put a bill in place to allow business to discriminate against LGBTQ persons based on religious beliefs.  So, I'm not surprised at what I run into in this conservative town.  I hope to get out of here soon (thus my 2018 goal of getting my ass going on my phd research) and to a larger city where I have some better medical options. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/5/2018 at 5:45 PM, Bricklad said:

I've started loving bareback, but unfortunately my last check up tested positive for gonorrhoea.

which lead to getting an injection in my ass and I felt shamed too.

so I researched and it appears doxycycline seems to clear up most infections.

My questions are do any of you barebackers on this site buy antibiotics online to treat yourself before getting a check up?

and good trusted sites?

and if not don't you feel shame when visiting the STD clinic repeatedly and testing positive repeatedly for different things?

Thanks for reading and it's a genuine enquiry.

Time to find another clinic or doctors office. I have had that also and I changed where I go.  They are not there to judge but to take care of you their patient.

Also, antibiotic resistance is real and we should take these drugs with care. Just my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Finding a Gay doctor is key, someone whom you can discuss this with.

For me, I knew I’d get tested and treated more by making it easier. Before I switched to Kaiser I had no routine checkup for STDs. Maybe once a year and was a terrifying experience that took a half day.

I’m now with Kaiser Permanente, which is an HMO. It affords me some of the most discrete and flexible test and treat access, nearly period. Since it’s a complete shop, I don’t have to plan a day around getting checked and treated; I can do it 7 days a week. Basically I told my doctor my sex habits and he’s written up standing labwork that I can take advantage of every three weeks. Getting that set up was the hard part, the rest is up to me... It is a no charge walk in whenever lab service. They run nearly a full panel (blood tests, then they let me complete my own throat/rectum swabbing, urine.) It takes 10-15 minutes. When the results come back online and something is positive and treatable- I know I’ll be in good hands treated by Iris more than likely, and is nonjudgmental. At Kaiser San Francisco, it keeps her busy. Their protocol for ghonno and the clap is Azithromicyn and a Ceftriaxone shot, btw.

I’m not sure where you’re located but finding a Health Management Organization to switch your primary care over to will make it less stigmatizing since you’d come in contact with way fewer people involved to get it done.

• 4 months later...

Just to update and let people know the conclusion. I was diagnosed with the first stages of syphilis. And with  doxycycline   I bought online I managed to get rid of it myself.

most if not all STDS  can be cured with  doxycycline.

Someone posted earlier on using fish antibiotics for a  aquarium fish ,  from researching this online it does seem that oxacillin form of penicillin is used. And a lot cheaper.

I have yet to try this out if and when I do I'll be sure to update this post.