question about my tumblr page

PERVDOM666

thought someone might be able to help me with a question re tumblr -- For years my page has been full-screen on my computer, but recently it only opens to the third of a page on the right hand side.  Worse -- I don't know how to put my "archive" button back on my page.  As there is no place to ask these questions on tumblr, I'm asking here -- Anyone have any ideas ??

• Upvote 1

I am no expert on Tumblr, but I had a couple of thoughts on this:

Have you applied or updated a Theme to your page? Googling around on this issue it seems that some themes might disable functionality like Archive. 

Blogs marked as NSFW require you to log in to tumblr to view them, and some tumblr blogs seem to enforce use of the Tumblr app.  Maybe it is related to that, but I see many other blogs on Tumblr that have similar content and don't require the app or disable the archive... 

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can advise?

More googling and I found that inside Tumblr website you can go to account settings, then click on your blog to change options for the blog. 

In the section "Visibility" i think the option to "hide yourblogname.tumblr.com" might cause the problem we are seeing. Is it turned on? Try it off and see if  it restores proper operation.

Tumblr's help says that this option forces a user to view your blog from within their dashboard and disables the standalone page, which is what I think is going on. 

Go to Account, settings, select your blog, Visibility.

if Hide blog.tumblr.com or Blog is explicit is turned on your blog will only open on the side. Turn them off and you should be able to open your full blog page 

Edited by Tavros

Try applying the default theme to see if it corrects itself.  Visibility should have no effect on formatting. My tumblr page is marked for adults viewing only & is not accessible by search engines & the visibility has no effect on its formatting. Visibility enables/disables google searches. & keeps your tumblr more private.  I believe that tumblrs ToC allows them to more easily remove a profile from their system if any content violates their community standards.  Good luck