Grindr chumming? Is it worth it?

rawsatyr

So I figure I give GRINDR another shot finding BAREBACK players which is harder than you think in the deep South. If it wasn't for the fact I found some TOTAL FUN among mostly disappointments I wouldn't try for a number of reasons. You may have noticed but it's a mine-field: poz-hostile cockblockers, NEG-only twinks, just tested braggers, ignorant shallowness of all sorts 'pics, pics, pics, into?', SAFE sex proselytizers, DDF-condom-nazis, nerdy genius, holier-than-thou hypocrites and crude, a few bold-faced sluts and plenty of limp-dicked tweeker bottoms, some who get paranoid thinking you are a cop or whatever BS. Many hide their ID's and you have to be careful not to spill the beans too quick. It's hard to find 'raw brothers'. Is there a CODE we should use?

In small towns you are easily recognized the more info and clear pics you give on-line. To complicate things I have a man and quite a few guys are 'traditional' (judgmental hypocrites) in their mindset and they don't understand 'why if everything is ok  in a relationship would you need to go trolling'. I say: "My man knows", they say: 'oh how weird is that?' , 'Oh I could NEVER!' Of course they can cheat but their BF can't or it's drama. But then you have to pretend you don't know their secrets or they shut down on you or throw you under the bus. Hush, hush! 

So I'm using the 'chat and net-working' fig-leaf to go Christian-mingle on GRINDR now! Keeping the 'whoring' on the low-down and really to hustle my genuine and very unique artistic talents. Not to get into but say a home-owner wanted to make an adult sex-room/basement with a Medieval dungeon flair, I'm the go-to-man. You can't approach a conventional Trump-voting builders with potentially red-flagging requests ('Damn perverts!') 

So I figure, I'll lay in wait and see what goes on the hook...

When someone hits I quickly read the profile (if anything) I let THEM spill the beans. Passive-aggressive! If it looks 'too tame' I don't respond. I like them older and look for clues like TOP or versatile. A serious home-owner would be nice... hell I'd work in the nude if he spends enough! For him and his friends to watch! 

So YESTERDAY, hour one of being back 'grindring', an older, professional black guy hits up on me. His profile is suggestive of aggressive sex and says TOP, neg, on PrEP. OK then... so far so good. He is articulate, I explained my work hoping he could be a serious lead! Sex is trivial at this point!  "I see!" is his short response, but I quickly add 'of course I like dick too'. Well he says he likes 'tight ass' . I quickly add 'bareback on PrEP sounds good to me'. Well he lays into a lecture on safe sex how prep is just a 'back-up' and how he is on prep AND uses a rubber. 'And all the other diseases' he says. Well there goes my mood! It's not that I don't know Memphis has a SERIOUS communicable disease problem especially in the local black community...

The whole process is like 'fishing' in the wild though. You know there are some aggressive 'game-fish' in there and if you are patient they will bite. Until then it's scrawny shad and fat carp messing up your lines. Okay I clicked on grindr earlier...

Well wait... have a dude on right now: older, rugged, face-pic, pierced ears, POZ we are talking... seen him on bbrt too... never talked to him... the thrill of anon strangers, boldly wearing their poz-badges! Still a big thrill for me...

Let's see where this is going... there come the dick pics! And the ass pic, well, ok... says he is looking for a top! okay, no major points yet! Well he is telling me he is drooling precum from two holes as he isn't wearing his PA... BOING! 

OOPS there is another potential 'customer/suitor', black guy, 31 without a previous word sends me picture of his HUGE cock but profile says 'beneficial encounters come to the front'. What does that mean? Ok I'm not paying! Too much of that in poor cities... ( I'm ignoring that prospect!)

PA guy now wants to see my ass pics and says "I cum a lot". BOING!!!! I think I need to 'test-drive' that dude with the PA (he isn't wearing). He asked me 'do you swallow?" BOING!!! Hell yeah I do! Love the flavor of man-seed. Electrifies me and makes me tingle! 

I told him I take it up the ass RAW to full absorption! That got his attention BIG TIME! Says he wants to eat my clean ass and then have me nut all over him! I can do that!

Okay, test-ride is set. See how that goes! Then have him breed my man as a surprise one day! 

And all that in 24 hours! One positive lead! Not bad! 

Wait, there is a 'flame thing' whatever that means... dude is 29 has those huge plugs in his ears, says he is 'geek' 6' tall 150 lbs I know his BF, heavy-set younger guy, bartender nice guy, open relationship... says negative on profile though... hmmm

What are your experiences on grindr? Is it worth it? I read that a lot of you say bbrt and grindr has a lot of 'teasers' who don't come through... 

Speaking of which: dude just sent me pic of his jizz-slobbered cock and says 'that is just precum'. I told him it 'will have to do for lube'!!!

Boy this is work sorting all this out!

Edited by rawsatyr
spelling errors
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the internet.  

Perhaps you should concentrate on sites that let you set search parameters to weed out what you don't want.  That would save you time and frustration.  

Plus you can laugh to yourself about how the same guys will have varying stats from site to site.  I usually leave the comment 'I like your bbrt profile better. '

Anonymity often brings out the worst in people. Just have to remind yourself that it isn't actually personal, it's someone unknown projecting onto you.  

Welcome to the internet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, einathens said:

Anonymity often brings out the worst in people. Just have to remind yourself that it isn't actually personal, it's someone unknown projecting onto you. 

So true, and well worth remembering. 

Grindr in provincial Home Counties in the UK is similar to what you describe. My observation with British guys on Grindr is that everyone sits waiting for an incoming message. So reaching out is good. Almost nobody responds to taps. And if you can ‘accom’ then that goes in your favour as so many guys live in shared homes and don’t want to have trade over. 

I always seem to have more luck with apps away from home - i’m  not sure if that’s because of the type of guys, whether it’s because I usually travel to cities or just the novelty of a new face. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Upstateguy518

I'm gonna start doing this. Before I was just upfront but now I am gonna be more subtle to get what I want. I often find it quite funny that guys who sign up for gay sex apps are prudes...

• 1 month later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

On Grindr I know it's a crapshoot. My profile reveals little and honestly I let the guy I'm chatting with take the lead. Most of the time I can talk them into at least taking me bare if I pull out. If they're adamant about condoms I move on and it's surprising how many change their minds when they see the pickings are slim.theyres something for everyone on there...I try not to take rejection so personal

I get pretty decent success on Grindr in the Detroit area. I put that I am Neg on Prep on my profile and put “mild to wild ??” in my profile. Many guys into raw: maybe 6 out of 10  

When I am actively looking, I set my headline to “⬇️?4 raw⬆️“ to make it real clear. Grindr sometimes censors my profile for containing “banned words” but I can just retype it. 

I do pay for Grindr Xtra. You can see so many more guys, well worth it if you intend on using it. 

The one thing I hate about Grindr, you cannot tell if someone barebacks or not. That's generally my first question every time someone contacts me. Hornet is better that way, because then you can search for tags. Unfortunately most people with a bb tag is too far away from me, so I wish more people would use it though.

Most of my bb hook ups I've found through Planet Romeo.

• Upvote 1