After a cumdump gangbang, do you catch something?

lecheroxxl

I’ve found that location & environment are big factors.  For example, I’ve had far more bad outcomes off Craigslist, bookstore, and bathhouse hookups than with parties on BBRT and monthly orgies hosted my my friends or me.   I suspect that’s because people take more risk and have less concern for others in truly anonymous situations.  

On the flip side, communities with ready access to testing & treatment (e.g., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle) have lower incidence of transmission. Communities with positive sexual attitudes tend to be more aware of symptoms and definitely more proactive with testing & partner notification.  For example, a buddy got fucked by over 300 guys in a week in Berlin and came home clean.  During his first play session after getting back to Austin he contracted gonorrhea.  Very frustrating!

That said, play buddies & I have taken 20+ loads during adult bookstore sessions and usually come home clean.  Playing at noon & 5pm helps, because you mostly get married & partnered guys who are careful about not bringing surprises home.  So they get regularly tested & treated.

• Like 1

@PlayfulPup - Could you clarify - You say at the top that you’ve had far more bad outcomes from bookstores, but farther down you say you take 20+ loads at ABS sessions and usually come out clean. Do you mean that you always play there at noon & 5pm now because your experience is that the ABS draws less careful clientele at other times? Do you think the same time frames might apply to CL and bathhouse hookups as well, or do you think your point about anonymity is a greater factor there?

My biggest fear is Hep C . The rest I think I would deal with as hazard. I always assumed that  because I hate the sight of blood and don't shoot up, the risk wld be small. Obviously naive I admit, when I hear stories from guys who got it while having group sex.

So my main problem is I am going to Europe in 2 months and will be getting screwed, hopefully, by 3 quarters of the male population in England, Germany, Spain m Italy and Greece. Sort of like a census of dicks. My issue is if I get sick, I am away for nearly 3 months and many places I am going to outside of the UK. I am talking to you Germany and Spain, do not have a reciprocal medical agreement. So the what the fuck do I do to get tested or if I get sick ?

Signed hopefully fully slutted tourist

• Upvote 1

Guest takingdeepanal
10 hours ago, PlayfulPup said:

I’ve found that location & environment are big factors.  For example, I’ve had far more bad outcomes off Craigslist, bookstore, and bathhouse hookups than with parties on BBRT and monthly orgies hosted my my friends or me.   I suspect that’s because people take more risk and have less concern for others in truly anonymous situations. 

I think it's because BBRT is almost a community where people know each other. If there is one "bad apple" (I won't say "bad seed", as all seed is good! ;) ), word spreads about them, and they are persona non grata - same as the orgies, where everyone id known by at least one other person.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:24 PM, ErosWired said:

@PlayfulPup - Could you clarify - You say at the top that you’ve had far more bad outcomes from bookstores, but farther down you say you take 20+ loads at ABS sessions and usually come out clean. Do you mean that you always play there at noon & 5pm now because your experience is that the ABS draws less careful clientele at other times? Do you think the same time frames might apply to CL and bathhouse hookups as well, or do you think your point about anonymity is a greater factor there?

Good point.  The 20+ loads comment was to illustrate that even at the sleaziest places, it’s possible to navigate the rapids safely.  And yes, those were noon & 5pm play times.  In contrast, I’ve been at a bookstore at 1:45am, only found one guy to play with, then had gono/clap two days after fucking him.

On Craigslist, turn times between replies & hookups rarely happen in under 3 hours and sometimes several days later — if at all.  Ten+ years ago it was fun & rewarding; now it is next to pointless.  Perhaps there is a magical land where Craigslist hookups are timely and highly likely.  That hasn’t been my experience in Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, nor Palm Springs.

On 2/24/2018 at 8:42 PM, hotcoldgayslut said:

I think it's because BBRT is almost a community where people know each other. If there is one "bad apple" (I won't say "bad seed", as all seed is good! ;) ), word spreads about them, and they are persona non grata - same as the orgies, where everyone id known by at least one other person.

Absolutely agree with every word.

I’m always caught off guard when someone complains, “that town is too fucking small — everyone knows everyone’s business!”  Frankly, I’m not embarrassed about who I am nor what I do.  And secondly, a positive reputation is something you can cultivate and earn.

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2018 at 6:21 PM, lecheroxxl said:

I have a question about bottoms who like doing no-load-refused gangbangs, do you usually end up with a STD or clean?

Because I have been seeing these muscle bottoms in BBRT who post cumdump parties and they look really healthy.

I've gotten an STI from a single hookup and no STIs from a gang-bang. 

While people are different, STIs have had millions of years to evolve to those differences. They infect when some body part with an STI meets another person's body part without an STI and the odds go in favor of transmission. You can reduce that chance by medication, vaccine, condoms, etc, but there's always a chance.

If you are positive and undetectable, you've eliminated the chance of passing HIV on to someone else.

If you are on PrEP, you've pretty much eliminated your chance of getting HIV. You've also given yourself a small level of protection against herpes.

If you've had an HPV shot, you've eliminated the chance of getting most forms of HPV.

If you've had a Hep A and B shot, you've about eliminated the chance of getting two of the three kinds of Hep.

If you take doxycycline within 24-72 hours of sex, you've reduced your odds of getting chlamydia or syph about as much as if you'd used condoms.

Gonorrhea and Hep C are still on the table, but while not impossible, the latter is still difficult to get without an HIV infection and STI. Gonorrhea seems to turn  up, unwanted, no matter what you do.

It's not magic. It's just science.

• Like 1

Guest takingdeepanal
13 hours ago, PlayfulPup said:

On Craigslist, turn times between replies & hookups rarely happen in under 3 hours and sometimes several days later — if at all.  Ten+ years ago it was fun & rewarding; now it is next to pointless.  Perhaps there is a magical land where Craigslist hookups are timely and highly likely.  That hasn’t been my experience in Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, nor Palm Springs.

I can't be bothered using CL anymore.

Guest takingdeepanal
13 hours ago, PlayfulPup said:

Absolutely agree with every word.

I’m always caught off guard when someone complains, “that town is too fucking small — everyone knows everyone’s business!”  Frankly, I’m not embarrassed about who I am nor what I do.  And secondly, a positive reputation is something you can cultivate and earn.

Thank you for the compliment. Exactly right vis-a-vis the cultivation and earning of a positive reputation - and I'm on an errand to achieve this at the moment. It would probably be easier for me in Germany or the States, given that I have certain (LEGAL) things on my menu that aren't catered for here (Australia), but we have to play the cards which have been dealt to us (and not mug the dealer).

6 hours ago, subbytch said:

I've gotten an STI from a single hookup and no STIs from a gang-bang. 

While people are different, STIs have had millions of years to evolve to those differences. They infect when some body part with an STI meets another person's body part without an STI and the odds go in favor of transmission. You can reduce that chance by medication, vaccine, condoms, etc, but there's always a chance.

If you are positive and undetectable, you've eliminated the chance of passing HIV on to someone else.

If you are on PrEP, you've pretty much eliminated your chance of getting HIV. You've also given yourself a small level of protection against herpes.

If you've had an HPV shot, you've eliminated the chance of getting most forms of HPV.

If you've had a Hep A and B shot, you've about eliminated the chance of getting two of the three kinds of Hep.

If you take doxycycline within 24-72 hours of sex, you've reduced your odds of getting chlamydia or syph about as much as if you'd used condoms.

Gonorrhea and Hep C are still on the table, but while not impossible, the latter is still difficult to get without an HIV infection and STI. Gonorrhea seems to turn  up, unwanted, no matter what you do.

It's not magic. It's just science.

I’m gonna have to disagree on some points. First, the HPV shot protects against 9 forms of HPV (6, 11, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, & 58) but nowhere near most forms that exist. Nice moneymaker for the pharmacorps. Still, better to be protected against a few nasty ones than none. Second, if you take doxy and you don’t have an sti, you are basically developing resistance to it, so it’s less effective when you really need it. Hep C, not just contracted easily if you have HIV and/or an STI, but also through multiple sex partners and rough sex, with or without the HIV and STIs. I’m open to being wrong, but I believe I’ve done my homework. Not to mention my bachelors in biology.

On 2/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, Detchiller said:

I’m gonna have to disagree on some points. First, the HPV shot protects against 9 forms of HPV (6, 11, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, & 58) but nowhere near most forms that exist. Nice moneymaker for the pharmacorps. Still, better to be protected against a few nasty ones than none. Second, if you take doxy and you don’t have an sti, you are basically developing resistance to it, so it’s less effective when you really need it. Hep C, not just contracted easily if you have HIV and/or an STI, but also through multiple sex partners and rough sex, with or without the HIV and STIs. I’m open to being wrong, but I believe I’ve done my homework. Not to mention my bachelors in biology.

Gardasil 9 hits  85-90% of cervical, anal, vulvar, vaginal, genital wart causing HPV virus. Those are the -relevant- forms of HPV. Most HPV is benign. 

It's not that -you- develop resistance to doxy. Doxy is an antibiotic; it only targets bacteria. If you are taking doxy daily, for months or years -- which people do, as malaria prevention or cystic acne control -- there is a concern that it could alter your natural gut biome for ill. But doxy as STI prophylaxis isn't taken daily. It's situational. And it's prevention level against STIs is consistent and on par with condoms -- and not contingent on what part of the body is covered. 

As for Hep C, the primary risk factor was being HIV+. There was a debate as to whether HIV- MSM could pick it up. Midgley (2017) documented that yes, this was possible, and demonstrated the mechanism by which it would occur. With an incidence of 1-2% a year, according to Sheena McCormack at the Dean Street Clinic in London, it's still rare. It could increase now that more HIV+ and HIV- men are having sex. The latest recommendations are Hep C tests every six to twelve months for MSM. 

There's always a risk of contracting an STI. What I listed were all the ways we have of making that risk smaller than it's ever been before. And that risk window really is the smallest its ever been, with medications that are remarkably safe and effective. You may not personally want to use any of these methods. That's on you. But they do exist, they are pretty amazing, and they are far better than hoping thoughts and prayers will keep viruses and bacterias at bay. :-)

• Like 3

Well, it would appear that my last round of anon hotel fucking did indeed knock me up with undesirables -  I had gone in ahead of my regular round of STD panels because I didn’t feel quite right after that weekend, and the labs turned up chlamydia and  gono. Fortunately, the doctor went ahead and treated me for both before the lab work formally came in, so I’ll now be clear in less than a week.

It wasn’t much if an “anon” weekend, truth be told - only two of the guys were unknown to me, one from CL and the other from BBRTS. It just goes to show you that it only takes one guy who doesn’t take care of himself to cause a whole lot of trouble...