Just joined and I’m finally ready

22 minutes ago, fetishlad said:

So... after a while of going BB, I took a break and tested. I had prepared myself for the result being positive, but it was negative.

Nurse at the clinic was very keen to get me on PrEP asap, so I signed up for it and I now have it. Haven't started taking it yet. For a few days I just looked at it, thinking that it's really a big step. Suspecting I will feel some kind of freedom. I have decided to start taking it, but will do when I'm not so busy, just so I can get used to routine and any initial side affects. In the meantime, I'm still off sex.

When I do start taking it, I think I'm going to properly go out to a fetish club and take as much as I can... 

Some congratulations are in order, first for being prepaired for the positive results and taking it so well, second is for signing up and deciding to go on the PrEP if your still desiring to remain negative. it's not so difficult to begin and stay on the schedule though, just take it at the approximate same time every day and mark it on the calendar that you can keep handy in a place that you will see it every time you look. Maybe on the bathroom mirror or near the coffee pot or place like that and when you see it, take the pill and write the time down and do it every day like that.

As for the side effects, I'm sure they will be minimal, if any at all. As for the freedom, it will take a bit of time for you to really get comfortable with the idea and allow yourself to stop thinking about things, but once you get into the swing of it and realize the risks have been minimized, you will probably really get into being piggy. Being busy has nothing to do with starting it, just do it and get used to doing it every day at the approx same time, no matter what, it only takes a minute and begin as soon as possible while you are abstaining from the sex now and be sure to get your levels built up before returning to BB'ing.

What your looking at as being a big step isn't the really big one at all, it's a minor one at this time in your BB'ing career. The big step is that eventually down the road you, as has happened with others, as well as has with myself, will be that one day you will possibly come to feel something is still missing as a bottom and BB'ing.  The big step will be, deciding if you desire to stay on the PrEP or to get off of it and take the risks once again as a totally uninhibited BB.

@Homo60 is spot on, @fetishlad. Starting prep is not a big step. It will likely be very freeing. Most people have few or no side effects, and these don't last long. If testing neg was a relief and not a disappointment, that should tell you that you don't want to get infected right now. THAT would be the truly big step, as it's irreversible.

Just enjoy being as slutty as you want without any permanent consequences (other than the other bugs -- mostly treatable).

Whatever you do, get your Hepatitis A and B vaccines, consider an HPV jab, and educate yourself about Hep C -- that's one that's really best avoided... there's a cure but it's incredibly expensive and insurance may deny it.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, fetishlad said:

So... after a while of going BB, I took a break and tested. I had prepared myself for the result being positive, but it was negative.

Nurse at the clinic was very keen to get me on PrEP asap, so I signed up for it and I now have it. Haven't started taking it yet. For a few days I just looked at it, thinking that it's really a big step. Suspecting I will feel some kind of freedom. I have decided to start taking it, but will do when I'm not so busy, just so I can get used to routine and any initial side affects. In the meantime, I'm still off sex.

When I do start taking it, I think I'm going to properly go out to a fetish club and take as much as I can... 

"Nurse at the clinic was very keen to get me on PrEP asap," That's the point. In Hungary it is almost impossible to be on PreP :(

4 hours ago, bareback-flipflop said:

"Nurse at the clinic was very keen to get me on PrEP asap," That's the point. In Hungary it is almost impossible to be on PreP :(

In most countries you can get generic prep online. Costs something like 50€ a month. You have to find a local doctor who will do the tests for you. See iwantprepnow.co.uk for info. It takes some effort but it's worth it.