ON PREP BUT WHAT ABOUT HERPES & ANAL WARTS

From the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/vaccine.html:

All kids who are 11 or 12 years old should get two shots of HPV vaccine six to twelve months apart. 

[...]

HPV vaccine is recommended for young women through age 26, and young men through age 21. HPV vaccine is also recommended for the following people, if they did not get vaccinated when they were younger:

* young men who have sex with men, including young men who identify as gay or bisexual or who intend to have sex with men through age 26;
* young adults who are transgender through age 26; and
* young adults with certain immunocompromising conditions (including HIV) through age 26.

10 hours ago, Detchiller said:

Not to make things worse, but you can google about drug resistant strains of stds that are emerging with the overuse/abuse of antibiotics. 

Resistant strains are a real concern but the media tend to sensationalize stories about "superbugs." The number of resistant cases is still small and so far they have all been treatable, though it can be more difficult to do so.

Oral sex has been a factor in cases of resistant gonorrhea. The infection can hide in the throat without symptoms. It's very important when you get get tested to get not just a urine test (which only detects infections in your dick) but also throat and rectal swabs.

Also: gargling with Listerine (for at least a minute) reduces your risk of oral gono.

https://emen8.com.au/sex-and-dating/sex/antibiotic-resistant-super-gonorrhea-how-worried-should-we-be-here-are-the-facts/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gonorrhea-treatment-listerine_us_5857fb4de4b0390447097f64

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 6811283 said:

Resistant strains are a real concern but the media tend to sensationalize stories about "superbugs." The number of resistant cases is still small and so far they have all been treatable, though it can be more difficult to do so.

I feel you. I tend to air on the side of caution to a good degree but not completely. It does seem like the explosion is waiting to happen, though. It will probably happen when I slut out at Steamworks in Chicago, no doubt, I got that kind of luck, lol

16 hours ago, Detchiller said:

I feel you. I tend to air on the side of caution to a good degree but not completely. It does seem like the explosion is waiting to happen, though. It will probably happen when I slut out at Steamworks in Chicago, no doubt, I got that kind of luck, lol

Caution is always smart, but we have a tendency to fear disaster when it comes to sex that is out of proportion to the facts.

Evolving diseases are a fact of life on this planet. Most of them are not sexually transmitted. Other than our moralistic programming, there's no more reason to fear sex than eating, drinking or breathing.

This season the flu is killing 4,000 Americans EVERY WEEK. Gonorrhea? Killing nobody.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

PREP doesn't prevent anything but HIV/AIDS provided your compliant with taking your meds as you should. The thing with PREP is you'll start to think you're bulletproof and start having more sex and probably also some anon sex. The more freuquently you have sex and the less you know about your partners the more at risk you are. I have a bud who went on PREP so he could bareback and he pretty much went to town on taking a LOT of bare cock including anon. No surprise he was catching a lot of STDs. Granted he goes to the doctor regularly, the doctor knows he's sexually active and tests him for STDs when he's there. But not all guys on PREP are so open with their doctors, not all doctors are so good, and not all insurance is so great (watch out for deductibles, co-pays, and the like). I'm not on PREP and I'll be honest...it seems like I'm getting STDs more often. That may be more guys out there on PREP doing riskier stuff, maybe be the guys I hook up with (do a lot of anon) but not sure. Im willing to bet the frequency and rates of infection on STDs had gone up in a lot of places.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, BBBoyfromTN said:

PREP doesn't prevent anything but HIV/AIDS provided your compliant with taking your meds as you should. The thing with PREP is you'll start to think you're bulletproof and start having more sex and probably also some anon sex. The more freuquently you have sex and the less you know about your partners the more at risk you are. I have a bud who went on PREP so he could bareback and he pretty much went to town on taking a LOT of bare cock including anon. No surprise he was catching a lot of STDs. Granted he goes to the doctor regularly, the doctor knows he's sexually active and tests him for STDs when he's there. But not all guys on PREP are so open with their doctors, not all doctors are so good, and not all insurance is so great (watch out for deductibles, co-pays, and the like). I'm not on PREP and I'll be honest...it seems like I'm getting STDs more often. That may be more guys out there on PREP doing riskier stuff, maybe be the guys I hook up with (do a lot of anon) but not sure. Im willing to bet the frequency and rates of infection on STDs had gone up in a lot of places.

I think there is a lot of evidence to suggest STIs rates are higher. I think it has more to do with the decline in condom usage that started before PrEP than just PrEP alone. Lots of guys on this site had already gone bareback only years before PrEP became available. 

To the original poster, I was sexually active in the early 80s before people knew about HIV. Gay guys started using condoms to prevent HIV. The fact that they prevent other STIs was just gravy. We all accepted that being a sexually active gay man meant regularly getting treated for STIs. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest I84SexSlave4All
On 2/17/2018 at 3:20 PM, Leatherman667 said:

What one is the most frequent? Gono or syph?

You can call your local or county health department foe current infection rates.  Neither condoms nor PrEP are affective against syphilis. Condoms will protect you from anal Gono but not oral.

16 hours ago, RiverBear said:

You can call your local or county health department foe current infection rates.  Neither condoms nor PrEP are affective against syphilis. Condoms will protect you from anal Gono but not oral.

Do condoms not protect you from anal syphillis??

45 minutes ago, Leatherman667 said:

Do condoms not protect you from anal syphillis??

Condoms greatly reduce your risk, but sometimes the sores that pass on the infection are on areas that are not covered by condoms. It's worth using condoms if it's your priority to minimize your risk and they don't ruin sex for you!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RiverBear said:

You can reduce your risk of oral gonorrhea by a lot if you gargle with Listerine or the equivalent -- deep in your throat, for at least a minute.

3 minutes ago, 6811283 said:

Condoms greatly reduce your risk, but sometimes the sores that pass on the infection are on areas that are not covered by condoms. It's worth using condoms if it's your priority to minimize your risk and they don't ruin sex for you!

Thanks mate; wont use condoms, and really not worried about Syph; but I did think condoms prevented it, or so we are told.

• Moderators

It's like herpes, warts, and other things. As long as the sore/infected area is inside the ass/mouth or on the penis, condoms work great. But you can have a sore or wart or syph chancre in other places.  

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, concerned1 said:

Does HPV or herpes cause anything serious like cancer? I heard that they can.

I got diagnosed with pre cancer of the rectum last month caused from HPV.  The doc put me on a six week cycle of an acid based cream, the shortened name of the cream is 5 f/u.  it stings a bit but not too bad.  Im honestly freaking balls about all this but the doc acts like it is common.  anyone else get diagnosed with a pre cancer?