ON PREP BUT WHAT ABOUT HERPES & ANAL WARTS

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, BrianWilson2 said:

I want to take PREP but I am worried I will get anal warts and anal herpes.  How many people are catching more STDs being on PREP and barebacking?

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, BrianWilson2 said:

I want to take PREP but I am worried I will get anal warts and anal herpes.  How many people are catching more STDs being on PREP and barebacking?

I have had an anal wort. I ended up seeing a homeopath who was able to make it go away without freezing or burning my anus. STD’s go with the territory of being a sexually active gay male. I enjoy bareback sex and am prepared to deal with what comes up.

• 8 months later...

I fucking HATE STDs because not being able to fuck whenever I want is the worst. Almost two weeks without being able to fuck without transmitting any shit is just too much time. Besides, taking care of the problem is expensive. And whenever you get something, the symptoms are with you all day everyday until you solve it. It drives me nuts.
And it's true that STDs are getting more difficult to treat each year, because many people abuse antibiotics, don't use them correctly, or don't even get treated. And the ever more common use of PreP is making it all worse, you guys have to admit that.
Now after my rant... I love getting sucked, and especially fuck bareback. But I'm definitely avoiding express hookups now: I'd rather make an effort and repress myself for a moment and then be able to fuck one of my bottoms the day after than try a new ass and then get something and not being able to fuck again in days. Forget it.

• 6 months later...
On 3/25/2018 at 7:19 AM, happynleather said:

I got diagnosed with pre cancer of the rectum last month caused from HPV.  The doc put me on a six week cycle of an acid based cream, the shortened name of the cream is 5 f/u.  it stings a bit but not too bad.  Im honestly freaking balls about all this but the doc acts like it is common.  anyone else get diagnosed with a pre cancer?

No, but one of my cell cultures was abnormal once. It's scary. There have been disturbing rises in oral, anal, and penile cancer due to HPV. I put them in what I think is the order of severity, though all are horrible. Most fags don't strictly need their penises. Anal cancer is no doubt painful, but your elimination can be re-routed if necessary. Oral cancer is in your head, in organs you use constantly every day. And it could easily affect your face.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

After having had a bad outbreak of anal warts which had to be treated they've never come back although the virus is still in my body but my immune system keeps it at bay and it's never come back. So probably it's just better to get it over and one with. But the virus is just so common that like STD's, the bottom line is that you can't dodge a bullet. With more guys barebacking there's bound to be a spike in not just STD's but also genital herpes, HPV etc. If you decide to bareback you just have to make yourself fully informed and make that risk decision and be comfortable in yourself with that decision and prepared for any consequences along the way. Those of us that have fully embraced the risks know much more satisfying raw sex is and at the end of the day that urge will probably drive anyone's decision.

I’ve definitely gotten more STDs since bring on PrEP.  Yes, it sucks, but condoms suck way more. 

Herpes is easy/cheap to prevent.  Personally, I think the fear of herpes is a huge exaggeration.  HPV...not so much.  Warts on the pucker are both annoying and gross (my man refuses to eat my hope it I have even a possible outbreak) but the real threat comes from internal warts which can case anal cancer. Go to your doctor for routine anal pap-smears.  

• Upvote 1

Get those warts frozen or lasered off. Herpes can be controlled with Acyclovir and avoiding Arginine (NO: cola, chocolate, figs, tree nuts). Take Lysine. 

It’s a numbers game, with way more probability from really attractive and interesting people. 

5 hours ago, FaceLoad said:

How do you prevent herpes transmission? I thought the risk profile is similar to HPV (skin contact).

500mg of Valacyclovir daily greatly reduces transmission rates of Herpes. This same protocol also prevents outbreaks if you already have either Herpes virus.  The drug is cheap and easy to get: tons of telemedicine options or just about any local clinic.  The meds are generally mild in side effects too. 

On 7/23/2019 at 6:39 AM, renovers82 said:

500mg of Valacyclovir daily greatly reduces transmission rates of Herpes. This same protocol also prevents outbreaks if you already have either Herpes virus.  The drug is cheap and easy to get: tons of telemedicine options or just about any local clinic.  The meds are generally mild in side effects too.

The infected partner can take acyclovir to prevent viral shedding, but I'm not familiar with any research showing that the uninfected partner can take it to avoid contracting HSV. But if you have a link or reference that suggests otherwise, please let me know.

On 7/23/2019 at 4:14 AM, pozsexyboy said:

just lick it

tumblr_obdtgfSLO81vbxtxgo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_obdtgfSLO81vbxtxgo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_obdtgfSLO81vbxtxgo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_obdtgfSLO81vbxtxgo10_1280.jpg

жщгрд.jpg

I’d lick and breed that pussy, no questions, and I’m a bottom. He’s hot! 😈

As for the rest, I picked up HSV shortly after going on PrEP and have had HPV for years. Just part of being a cumslut. 😎

Wouldn't trade the wild ride of so many cocks and loads in my pussy for not having them, at least at this point. Sorta badges of slut merit. 😈

• Upvote 1

There are at least eight Herpes commonly found in Humans. 

1-Lips. “Cold sores”. Lives in nerves.

2- Genital , but you can get it across your bottom lip or around/in your ass. Lives in nerves. 

3- Chicken Pox (Varicella), returns as Shingles (Zoster)

4-  Epstein-Barr, actual Mononucleosis. Lives in blood, spread by saliva

5- CMV, causes Mono Syndrome, pneumonia

6 a & b. - Linked to MS, usually causes fever and a rash in children. Kills a lot of AIDS patients. 

Herpes 7 Similar to 6b, linked to epilepsy but  can act like mono. Lives in CD4 cells (uh-oh)

Herpes 8, Lives in lymph nodes. Causes Kaposi’s Sarcoma, Lymphoma

.....this is a highly simplified explanation. Some of these are really common but only affect HIV and transplant patients. A lot of the symptoms are similar.  

2 minutes ago, GaBottom said:

I’d lick and breed that pussy, no questions, and I’m a bottom. He’s hot! 😈

As for the rest, I picked up HSV shortly after going on PrEP and have had HPV for years. Just part of being a cumslut. 😎

Wouldn't trade the wild ride of so many cocks and loads in my pussy for not having them, at least at this point. Sorta badges of slut merit. 😈

There’s inexpensive kits to freeze off those warts. The HPV stays with you but they might go into remission. 

21 hours ago, FaceLoad said:

The infected partner can take acyclovir to prevent viral shedding, but I'm not familiar with any research showing that the uninfected partner can take it to avoid contracting HSV. But if you have a link or reference that suggests otherwise, please let me know.

Lots of publications on this subject are available.  Below is just one such example:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa035144

Here's some updated info.  While PrEP only prevents HIV, you can take 100mg of Doxycycline - either daily or before an event to minimize the risk of chlam, gono and syph (200mg AFTER fun helps but better to be preventative)- I already have HSV1 and 2 and have had maybe one flare up over 20 years with it so no worry on that front for me). You can get an immunization for HepB (which I'd have known that before I contracted it), for HPV and for Pneumoccochal.  Hep C is your biggest foe - there's no immunization and although 30% clear up on its own, the other 70% requires expensive three hit treatment.  Just get on PrEP, get all the immunizations possible and go have fun.